Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

The Joe Flacco Poll!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will happen now?
Joe Flacco will be the 1st coming of Joe Montana Unitas Rodgers-Brady
34%
 34%  [ 10 ]
Joe Flacco will be ousted as the fraud he truly is
20%
 20%  [ 6 ]
No change. He's middle of the pack top 10/15 QB
44%
 44%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 29

RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: The Joe Flacco Poll! Reply with quote

Ding dong the fraud is dead. Ah yes, Killa Cam is gone and now all eyes are on the Mighty (And my personal Football savior) Joe Flacco! What will happen now? Was Cam telling us that Flacco's a fraud? Or will Flacco show us he's the next Drew Brees throwing for 70 TD's and 20,000 yards?

Polls up! We'll revisit!

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he is an elite QB right now. He has been cash money time and time again for us in clutch situations. And we all know about his physical talent. He has made some of the most ridiculous throws I have ever seen this year.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless he fixes his ability to read blitzes pre-snap and his pocket presence, he isn't going to get much better than his 2010 peak (which was borderline Top 5 at the time, but there are better QBs in the league now)

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too inconsistent to be elite, and it's now or never for proving he's elite.

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Unless he fixes his ability to read blitzes pre-snap and his pocket presence, he isn't going to get much better than his 2010 peak (which was borderline Top 5 at the time, but there are better QBs in the league now)
His 2010 season is really overrated. The peripheral numbers are flashy, but the offense was even more simplified back then and he was only ever asked to make safe throws, avoiding tight windows.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
I think he is an elite QB right now. He has been cash money time and time again for us in clutch situations. And we all know about his physical talent. He has made some of the most ridiculous throws I have ever seen this year.

I don't think he'll ever be an "elite" QB, his pocket awareness just isn't good enough. Way too many costly fumbles. He doesn't need to be elite though. We all know that he is good enough to lead this team to a Super Bowl. He gets the job done when needed, we just need him to be more consistent.

Hopefully Cam truly was the problem, otherwise the Ravens could be in trouble this year. Flacco has to improve for this team to have shot.

"I'm dismantling who I was and moving it brick by brick."
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how Caldwell ends up calling games Flacco should do better than what we've seen. If not... it probably doesn't matter because I firmly believe Flacco is going to be the Ravens QB for at least the next few years regardless of how he finishes this season.

I don't think the system will change too much this late in the season but let's hope we see some more emphasis on the short/intermediate passing game that's not based on out routes. Or have Rice as pretty much the only option anywhere near the middle of the field. You get the idea. We've all gotten the idea for the past few seasons.
sp6488

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure I believe Flacco can ever reach "Elite" status (Top-5 QB's), but I think that he will settle in the 6 - 10 area nicely. Definitely think he is good enough to get us another Lombardi. Went with the 1st option.

As far as what I would like to see with Caldwell, I agree with those who want more short/intermediate throws. Why don't we see more crossing routes with Torrey? Him coming across with Boldin maybe running a rub/clearing route out of the slot could be filthy. Torrey with the ball in space would be nice as we have seen a few times now. Also, I'm not sure if the numbers agree, but it seems that we have not been getting Rice involved in the passing game as much as in years past. Maybe this is Joe hearing the criticism of being a "check-down king?"

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Although I've said Flacco can become elite, I think it all just depends on Flacco. If he can't read blitzes pre-snap and avoid rushers, he will NEVER be elite, period.

however, it's now or never with him to prove his worth.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

6-10 range, just more consistent IMO.

PSA: If your 2015 mock has the Ravens taking a RB in round 1, you're doing it wrong.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I picked the first one... And pretend that means he'll be a Top 7 QB. I don't think Flacco will ever be elite, but I definitely think he can settle in that top 7 range and be very good. He has elite physical tools. And with a system that doesn't expose his greatest weakness (pocket presence) than I think you've got a guy who can make all the throws and look good doing it.

I am worried that it took Flacco 4 years in the league to get a strong play action fake down, so that could be a telling aspect of his commitment to getting better. But at the same time, his accuracy really took a jump forward earlier this season when he spent a summer with Caldwell. Perhaps with Caldwell running things Flacco will be more comfortable with his technique and get back to looking like the QB he was to start this season.

I won't really hold pre-snap reads against Flacco to this point. He came into the league much more raw a player than most rookie QBs and excelled because of his elite physical tools. But Cameron has kept him on such a short leash that even when he had the freedom to make adjustments, it seemed like if he made a bad read or adjustment... We'd see Flacco "punished"/coddled. And our offense would be dummed down.

Short term, with more freedom I'd expect Flacco to make more mistakes- maybe throw more picks, but I think long term it should help him more with understanding what defenses are trying to do.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flacco is a good QB when it comes to physicality.. But mentally I don't see him as an elite QB.. His ability to read a defense pre-snap and pocket presence will crush his career. Not sure if its too late or not to make adjustments, but this is a fresh start for Joe Flacco. It's still the same offensive package but now it's different plays being called. Hopefully Caldwell puts on his aggressive pants and this offense gets back to up tempo. We've been too scared/safe the past few weeks.

These last 3 games and playoffs will be an audition for Flacco and his possible new contract.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A mix between Romo and Schaub.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens5520 wrote:
Flacco is a good QB when it comes to physicality.. But mentally I don't see him as an elite QB.. His ability to read a defense pre-snap and pocket presence will crush his career. Not sure if its too late or not to make adjustments, but this is a fresh start for Joe Flacco. It's still the same offensive package but now it's different plays being called. Hopefully Caldwell puts on his aggressive pants and this offense gets back to up tempo. We've been too scared/safe the past few weeks.

These last 3 games and playoffs will be an audition for Flacco and his possible new contract.

His aggressive pants lol. I damn near fell out my seat lmao. But yeah though its time to man up we been threw a bunch of stuff this season from Art Modell.to Cam Cameron we a be a great story if we did get it done
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
ravens5520 wrote:

His aggressive pants lol. I damn near fell out my seat lmao. But yeah though its time to man up we been threw a bunch of stuff this season from Art Modell.to Cam Cameron we a be a great story if we did get it done

Don't forget Torrey Smith's bro, Suggs Achilles, Ngata injuries, Ray/Webb going down, the diddle-diddle comeback, Suggs bicep, and now Yanda going down. The adversity and struggle has been through the roof.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: