Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Only RG3 2.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DCRED

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they are going to start using him in different ways:

http://blog.redskins.com/2012/12/11/video-rg3-becomes-multi-dimensional/
turtle28

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.nfl.com/news/0ap1000000116774/

Michael Vick on Robert Griffin: He reminds me of me

Quote:
"I'm a big RGIII fan," Vick told USA Today before the game. "He reminds me of what I do. I'm the originator of everything that's transpired in the league with the style of quarterback. It makes it gratifying to me." Rolling Eyes

With one game to go, Griffin has wiped out defenses, completing 66.4 percent of his passes, with 20 touchdowns to just five interceptions in his first campaign. Vick completed 44.2 percent of his passes in two starts as a rookie in 2001 and just 54.9 percent in 2002, when he tossed 16 TD passes to eight picks as a full-time starter. RG3's 104.2 passer rating is second best in the NFL. Vick finished his first full season with a pedestrian 81.6 rating.

Laughing lmfao! Vick wishes be was as accurate and as good a passer as Rg3. He's not even close to the same player.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/mike-shanahan-no-one-in-nfl-history-has-played-at-rg3s-level/

mike shanahan: no one in nfl history has played at rg3s level:

Shocked

Quote:
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was the head coach of a Broncos team that had a Hall of Fame quarterback in John Elway, and he was the offensive coordinator of a 49ers team that had two Hall of Fame quarterbacks in Joe Montana and Steve Young. But Shanahan says he has never seen anything like the quarterback hes coaching right now.

I dont think anybody in the history of the league has played at his level, Shanahan said. At least over the last 40 years, when I take a look at the numbers and what he has done, I dont think anybody has played at his level. As weve talked about before, hes got a unique skill set his ability to throw, drop back, play action, put a threat on a defense with his running ability and he will just get better and better. Hes just scratching the surface. And the reason I say that is because he works at it.

Obviously RG3 has played amazing but this statement is a bit too much IMO!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/28/mike-shanahan-no-one-in-nfl-history-has-played-at-rg3s-level/

Shocked

Quote:
Redskins coach Mike Shanahan was the head coach of a Broncos team that had a Hall of Fame quarterback in John Elway, and he was the offensive coordinator of a 49ers team that had two Hall of Fame quarterbacks in Joe Montana and Steve Young. But Shanahan says he has never seen anything like the quarterback hes coaching right now.

I dont think anybody in the history of the league has played at his level, Shanahan said. At least over the last 40 years, when I take a look at the numbers and what he has done, I dont think anybody has played at his level. As weve talked about before, hes got a unique skill set his ability to throw, drop back, play action, put a threat on a defense with his running ability and he will just get better and better. Hes just scratching the surface. And the reason I say that is because he works at it.

In a way he does have a point. Name one QB who has ever had this much success passing, and throwing the ball. His rating is 104 and that doesn't even factor in 752 rush yards, and 6 tds. He has already done some things that no other QB has ever done in the NFL.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Shocked

Quote:

In a way he does have a point. Name one QB who has ever had this much success passing, and throwing the ball. His rating is 104 and that doesn't even factor in 752 rush yards, and 6 tds. He has already done some things that no other QB has ever done in the NFL.
I agree he's special but he hasn't accomplished anything in the playoffs yet. I think the statement is a little too much, especially right before the biggest game of the year.

This is definitely billboard material for the Cowboys today, tomorrow and especially Sunday!
Blknite01

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Shocked

Quote:

I agree he's special but he hasn't accomplished anything in the playoffs yet. I think the statement is a little too much, especially right before the biggest game of the year.

This is definitely billboard material for the Cowboys today, tomorrow and especially Sunday!

Rookie Modern Era Playoffs

As you can see by Mark Sanchez and Aaron Brooks being the most successful statistically, he wouldn't have to do to much vs the regular season to be up there in rookie QB playoff stats.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blknite01 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Shocked

Quote:

Rookie Modern Era Playoffs

As you can see by Mark Sanchez and Aaron Brooks being the most successful statistically, he wouldn't have to do to much vs the regular season to be up there in rookie QB playoff stats.
my problem is more that from what Shanahan has said some this season it seems he's developing some elitist attitude. I'd rather us not act like that as an organization. I guess we are playing better and getting better players so maybe that won't be the case in the near future but its been the case this entire season up until the past few weeks. Now we are boasting about our accomplishments and everyone thinks we are Going to win and now Shanahan is making statements like no one in the history of the game has played at his level.

I don't see Belicheck, the patriots, the ravens, steelers, giants of years past, packers, Peyton Manning etc etc making such claims.

Some times thoughts like that are better left unsaid IMHO. Show it on the field in this weeks game or future games, make that statement after he's had sustained success like this year for 5+ years. Don't make it in his rookie year when he's going into the biggest game of his life trying to get his team to the playoffs.

Just a bad statement and bad timing, even if its true.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/general/blogs/blogpost?blogname=dallascowboys&id=4703989&city=dallas

NFC East wrap: The year of RG III

Five things to know and my 2012 all-division team:

Quote:
Division MVP: Interesting word, "value." The Washington Redskins decided that fixing their problem at quarterback by drafting Robert Griffin III was worth three first-round picks and a second-round pick. That's the "value" they assigned to Griffin as their short-term and long-term solution at the game's most critical position -- willingly not having another first-round pick until 2015. The first-year result is the current six-game winning streak that has delivered the Redskins' first winning season since 2007 and a shot Sunday night at their first division title since 1999.

A number of things have gone right to help the Redskins to this point, but at the center of it all has been Griffin, who has delivered big plays with his arm and his legs, has thrown just five interceptions and piloted a Redskins offense that has the most rushing yards and the fewest turnovers in the league through 16 weeks.

In their wildest dreams, the Redskins couldn't have imagined Griffin performing at this level in his first year, but the fact that he has is the biggest reason they're where they are at this point. Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is having a big year, as are Cowboys wide receiver Dez Bryant and Redskins rookie running back Alfred Morris. But the award is for the Most "Valuable" Player, and the upgrade Griffin has provided for the Redskins at the most important position on the field has a value that surpasses anything anyone else in the NFC East has provided this year.

Very Happy Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rg3 is the first qb born in the 1990's to start a playoff game Cool
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@HTTR24_7: RT @Rich_TandlerCSN: RG3 first two drives, passer rating 128.4. Rest of the game, 8.3.

Sad
Brian23

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
@HTTR24_7: RT @Rich_TandlerCSN: RG3 first two drives, passer rating 128.4. Rest of the game, 8.3.

Sad

It was that tumble. I truly believe had he not taking that shot outside, we were looking at a blowout.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:

Sad

It was that tumble. I truly believe had he not taking that shot outside, we were looking at a blowout.
same here. Too bad he got hurt. If he's healthy we are still in the tournament. Hopefully he plays smarter next year with protecting himself ala Russell Wilson.
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

More tests to be done by DR Andrews tomorrow on Griffin's Knee

Redskins Coach Mike Shanahan says Robert Griffin III will be examined by
orthopedist James Andrews Tuesday. He says there is nothing definitive yet
on the condition of Griffin's knee.

Read more at:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports
RandomCampBody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i fear no news is bad news Sad
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RandomCampBody wrote:
i fear no news is bad news Sad
There have been rumors it is an mcl tear, but nothing difinitive and the fact that they couldn't say what it was for sure today is not good news as you said. It did not look good when it happened, I seriously don't know how he wouldn't have torn knee ligaments the way his knee buckled. It looked like Tim Hightower's knee injury from last year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: