Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Lions @ GB Packers GDT--does the streak end?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
GB
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

Author Message
imyourGM


Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol nice GDT. Im not even mad more laughing on the inside. The refs is whaat I wanted to vent about. How awful. G.B. never needs to draft or sign another OLmen ever again..They hold non stop and never called against them. Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6840
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
They hold non stop and never called against them.

Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.


1. You've had 4 more penalties called on you this year. that .3 penalty a game diference between the two teams is obviously season altering.

2. We're tied for 3rd in the league for most holds called against us with 17. You're tied for 20th with 10 calls against you.

3. Why does it matter to you how we score our points on offense? If it's so pathetic then you should be able to stop it.

4. Matt Stafford is averaging 6.9 YPA. Rodgers is averaging 7.5. He led the league in YPA last year. Laughing

5. You should stop making excuses as to why your team continues to come up small.

6. We had a total of 9 healthy players in our front-7. We were missing our 4 best LBs. We were playing 2 backup OL and you could say three if you include Newhouse. We were missing our 2 best RBs. We were injured to hell and you still came up small.

7. I'm sure you're going to say that your WR corps isn't in great shape, true enough, however you brought in Broyles knowing his knee issues, you brought in Young knowing his attitude issues. You made your bed in that regard.

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imyourGM


Joined: 03 Dec 2012
Posts: 190
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
They hold non stop and never called against them.

Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.


1. You've had 4 more penalties called on you this year. that .3 penalty a game diference between the two teams is obviously season altering.

2. We're tied for 3rd in the league for most holds called against us with 17. You're tied for 20th with 10 calls against you.

3. Why does it matter to you how we score our points on offense? If it's so pathetic then you should be able to stop it.

4. Matt Stafford is averaging 6.9 YPA. Rodgers is averaging 7.5. He led the league in YPA last year. Laughing

5. You should stop making excuses as to why your team continues to come up small.

6. We had a total of 9 healthy players in our front-7. We were missing our 4 best LBs. We were playing 2 backup OL and you could say three if you include Newhouse. We were missing our 2 best RBs. We were injured to hell and you still came up small.

7. I'm sure you're going to say that your WR corps isn't in great shape, true enough, however you brought in Broyles knowing his knee issues, you brought in Young knowing his attitude issues. You made your bed in that regard.

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing
Yet with all your lose and penalty issue some how you manage a 9-4 record.. Oh how could that be please explain to me. Do screens and slants get you 9-4 is that your secert? Luck? Refs? all the above?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50931
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
They hold non stop and never called against them.

Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.


1. You've had 4 more penalties called on you this year. that .3 penalty a game diference between the two teams is obviously season altering.

2. We're tied for 3rd in the league for most holds called against us with 17. You're tied for 20th with 10 calls against you.

3. Why does it matter to you how we score our points on offense? If it's so pathetic then you should be able to stop it.

4. Matt Stafford is averaging 6.9 YPA. Rodgers is averaging 7.5. He led the league in YPA last year. Laughing

5. You should stop making excuses as to why your team continues to come up small.

6. We had a total of 9 healthy players in our front-7. We were missing our 4 best LBs. We were playing 2 backup OL and you could say three if you include Newhouse. We were missing our 2 best RBs. We were injured to hell and you still came up small.

7. I'm sure you're going to say that your WR corps isn't in great shape, true enough, however you brought in Broyles knowing his knee issues, you brought in Young knowing his attitude issues. You made your bed in that regard.

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing


Calling posters pathetic is crap! Knock it off.



Calle]
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6840
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
They hold non stop and never called against them.

Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.


1. You've had 4 more penalties called on you this year. that .3 penalty a game diference between the two teams is obviously season altering.

2. We're tied for 3rd in the league for most holds called against us with 17. You're tied for 20th with 10 calls against you.

3. Why does it matter to you how we score our points on offense? If it's so pathetic then you should be able to stop it.

4. Matt Stafford is averaging 6.9 YPA. Rodgers is averaging 7.5. He led the league in YPA last year. Laughing

5. You should stop making excuses as to why your team continues to come up small.

6. We had a total of 9 healthy players in our front-7. We were missing our 4 best LBs. We were playing 2 backup OL and you could say three if you include Newhouse. We were missing our 2 best RBs. We were injured to hell and you still came up small.

7. I'm sure you're going to say that your WR corps isn't in great shape, true enough, however you brought in Broyles knowing his knee issues, you brought in Young knowing his attitude issues. You made your bed in that regard.

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing
Yet with all your lose and penalty issue some how you manage a 9-4 record.. Oh how could that be please explain to me. Do screens and slants get you 9-4 is that your secert? Luck? Refs? all the above?


We have incredible depth. We have brilliant coaching. There's been some luck involved just like any team.

Our pass rush was pretty good when Clay was healthy. Our secondary is outstanding. Our D-Line has battled hard against the run including a phenomenal showing against the Texans without Raji.

On offense, Aaron Rodgers is the best player in the NFL at any position. Randall Cobb has turned it on and James Jones has become a very dependable player. Depth has allowed us to battle through injuries to Nelson and Jennings. Tip the hat to Ted Thompson for bringing in talented players and to Aaron Rodgers for making it work. EDS has been managable at Guard and Don Barclay has balled hard at RT, especially for an UDFA.

We're not a dominant team this year. Our Point Differential is extremely pedestrian. We've managed to win ugly games this year and we've done it by avoiding mistakes that could tip us over into defeat. We should be 10-3 except for getting screwed in the Seahawks game and an argument could be made for 11-2 if not for a questionable RTP call on a forced fumble against the Colts. Credit to the Giants and 9ers, they beat us straight up.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ketchup


Joined: 13 May 2009
Posts: 14200
Location: Milwaukee, WI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
They hold non stop and never called against them.

Why is it GB only gets the obvious call, Guess someteams are just suppose to be there. Their offence is a joke I can't stand thinking playing FB is a bunch of screens and slant. Know wonder rodgers stats look so good. grow some nuts. What was rodgers YPA 2? You guys feel proud winning games like that wow. What you do hang around and let the refs win the game for ya. Where you Godell favorite team when he was growing up.


1. You've had 4 more penalties called on you this year. that .3 penalty a game diference between the two teams is obviously season altering.

2. We're tied for 3rd in the league for most holds called against us with 17. You're tied for 20th with 10 calls against you.

3. Why does it matter to you how we score our points on offense? If it's so pathetic then you should be able to stop it.

4. Matt Stafford is averaging 6.9 YPA. Rodgers is averaging 7.5. He led the league in YPA last year. Laughing

5. You should stop making excuses as to why your team continues to come up small.

6. We had a total of 9 healthy players in our front-7. We were missing our 4 best LBs. We were playing 2 backup OL and you could say three if you include Newhouse. We were missing our 2 best RBs. We were injured to hell and you still came up small.

7. I'm sure you're going to say that your WR corps isn't in great shape, true enough, however you brought in Broyles knowing his knee issues, you brought in Young knowing his attitude issues. You made your bed in that regard.

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing


Calling posters pathetic is crap! Knock it off.



Calle]
He didn't call him pathetic. He said it comes off as slightly pathetic. There is a difference. AlexGreen#20 made very good points as to why the Lion poster was just being a sore loser. All he comes back with is we win by the refs and by throwing slants? Ok. All i'm going to say is winning with a 7.2 YPA is better then losing with a 5.9 YPA. That game had missed calls on both sides like most games do.
_________________

Kempes on the custom sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
X_Factor_40


Moderator
Joined: 24 Oct 2005
Posts: 18874
Location: Hockeytown
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AlexGreen#20 wrote:

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing


Your post was good until here where you got personal. It wasn't necessary. Please don't do that in the future.
_________________
Team Stylish313
Adopt-A-Lion: Calvin Johnson
Adopt-A-Lion: Stylish313
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 6840
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

X_Factor_40 wrote:
AlexGreen#20 wrote:

8. Stop being a sore loser. There were missed calls on both sides and it comes off as slightly pathetic that you can't admit you got outplayed. Laughing


Your post was good until here where you got personal. It wasn't necessary. Please don't do that in the future.


Sorry, my intention wasn't to insinuate those things, only that his points made him come off as such. I apologize.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3144
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imyourGM wrote:
:lol:Yet with all your lose and penalty issue some how you manage a 9-4 record.. Oh how could that be please explain to me. Do screens and slants get you 9-4 is that your secert? Luck? Refs? all the above?


Yes, it's just luck and the refs. That's it. Don't bother looking any harder at it.

But if you did, you'd see why the Packers are 9-4 right now, and why the Lions are 4-9.

1) The Packers are one of the very best teams in the league at protecting the ball. They don't turn it over very much at all, only 13 times this year. The Lions have turned it over 23 teams.....that's 10 extra possessions that have been lost. And considering how many CLOSE losses the Lions have experienced I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that 10 fewer turnovers might have translated into a few more wins.

2) The Packers are an average to above average defensive team; the Lions are below average defensively and are currently ranked 26th in scoring defense. They have allowed over 70 more points than the Packers...spread over 13 games, that's about 5 ppg. Again, look at what your record would be if each team had scored 5 fewer points against you (8-5). You add that into 10 fewer turnovers and you'd probably be looking at 9-4 instead of 4-9.

Look, this is not rocket science. Most football games are not won, they are lost, and they are lost by turning the ball over, missing tackles, blowing coverages, and getting unnecessary penalties at bad times.

If you want to know why Detroit is 4-9, it's not the refs and it's not luck. It's the turnovers and a defense that can't stop a sneeze. Fix those problems and you're a playoff team.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Oh, the slants and screens stuff......that just makes it look like you don't watch the game very closely. Detroit played two deep shell coverage the entire game....they didn't come out of it once. And the reason for that is because Green Bay goes deep better than any team in the league, and they're seeing a steady diet of two deep safeties to prevent that. And that's why you're seeing the slants. The screens are because your defensive linemen seem so focused on getting to the QB that they don't 'smell out' those screens so it's easy pickings.

It's called playing smart.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
:lol:Yet with all your lose and penalty issue some how you manage a 9-4 record.. Oh how could that be please explain to me. Do screens and slants get you 9-4 is that your secert? Luck? Refs? all the above?


Yes, it's just luck and the refs. That's it. Don't bother looking any harder at it.

But if you did, you'd see why the Packers are 9-4 right now, and why the Lions are 4-9.

1) The Packers are one of the very best teams in the league at protecting the ball. They don't turn it over very much at all, only 13 times this year. The Lions have turned it over 23 teams.....that's 10 extra possessions that have been lost. And considering how many CLOSE losses the Lions have experienced I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that 10 fewer turnovers might have translated into a few more wins.

2) The Packers are an average to above average defensive team; the Lions are below average defensively and are currently ranked 26th in scoring defense. They have allowed over 70 more points than the Packers...spread over 13 games, that's about 5 ppg. Again, look at what your record would be if each team had scored 5 fewer points against you (8-5). You add that into 10 fewer turnovers and you'd probably be looking at 9-4 instead of 4-9.

Look, this is not rocket science. Most football games are not won, they are lost, and they are lost by turning the ball over, missing tackles, blowing coverages, and getting unnecessary penalties at bad times.

If you want to know why Detroit is 4-9, it's not the refs and it's not luck. It's the turnovers and a defense that can't stop a sneeze. Fix those problems and you're a playoff team.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Oh, the slants and screens stuff......that just makes it look like you don't watch the game very closely. Detroit played two deep shell coverage the entire game....they didn't come out of it once. And the reason for that is because Green Bay goes deep better than any team in the league, and they're seeing a steady diet of two deep safeties to prevent that. And that's why you're seeing the slants. The screens are because your defensive linemen seem so focused on getting to the QB that they don't 'smell out' those screens so it's easy pickings.

It's called playing smart.
I find it difficult to disagree with much of anything in this post.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50931
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
imyourGM wrote:
:lol:Yet with all your lose and penalty issue some how you manage a 9-4 record.. Oh how could that be please explain to me. Do screens and slants get you 9-4 is that your secert? Luck? Refs? all the above?


Yes, it's just luck and the refs. That's it. Don't bother looking any harder at it.

But if you did, you'd see why the Packers are 9-4 right now, and why the Lions are 4-9.

1) The Packers are one of the very best teams in the league at protecting the ball. They don't turn it over very much at all, only 13 times this year. The Lions have turned it over 23 teams.....that's 10 extra possessions that have been lost. And considering how many CLOSE losses the Lions have experienced I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility that 10 fewer turnovers might have translated into a few more wins.

2) The Packers are an average to above average defensive team; the Lions are below average defensively and are currently ranked 26th in scoring defense. They have allowed over 70 more points than the Packers...spread over 13 games, that's about 5 ppg. Again, look at what your record would be if each team had scored 5 fewer points against you (8-5). You add that into 10 fewer turnovers and you'd probably be looking at 9-4 instead of 4-9.

Look, this is not rocket science. Most football games are not won, they are lost, and they are lost by turning the ball over, missing tackles, blowing coverages, and getting unnecessary penalties at bad times.

If you want to know why Detroit is 4-9, it's not the refs and it's not luck. It's the turnovers and a defense that can't stop a sneeze. Fix those problems and you're a playoff team.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

Oh, the slants and screens stuff......that just makes it look like you don't watch the game very closely. Detroit played two deep shell coverage the entire game....they didn't come out of it once. And the reason for that is because Green Bay goes deep better than any team in the league, and they're seeing a steady diet of two deep safeties to prevent that. And that's why you're seeing the slants. The screens are because your defensive linemen seem so focused on getting to the QB that they don't 'smell out' those screens so it's easy pickings.

It's called playing smart.
I find it difficult to disagree with much of anything in this post.



Defense PTs wrong. Det has 24 PTs score on ST returns. Skews def PTs allowed
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Polaris


Joined: 25 Dec 2006
Posts: 3144
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even if you deduct the 28 points for the four special teams scores, it still only moves Detroit up to 22nd in scoring defense. And that's assuming that none of the teams they moved ahead of have had been scored upon by special teams or interception returns.

Not a good defense. Certainly not as good as you'd think they'd be.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50931
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polaris wrote:
Even if you deduct the 28 points for the four special teams scores, it still only moves Detroit up to 22nd in scoring defense. And that's assuming that none of the teams they moved ahead of have had been scored upon by special teams or interception returns.

Not a good defense. Certainly not as good as you'd think they'd be.




Not rocket science considering all injuries on defense. Thanks Capt obvious. We know this. Not sure what your point is.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
stylish313


Joined: 17 Jan 2009
Posts: 15019
Location: Flat Rock, Mi
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

detfan782004 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Even if you deduct the 28 points for the four special teams scores, it still only moves Detroit up to 22nd in scoring defense. And that's assuming that none of the teams they moved ahead of have had been scored upon by special teams or interception returns.

Not a good defense. Certainly not as good as you'd think they'd be.




Not rocket science considering all injuries on defense. Thanks Capt obvious. We know this. Not sure what your point is.
We started the season off with a bunch of scrubs in our secondary. We've actually been more fortunate than most other teams, none of of top contributors that we began the season with on defense missed much time, if any at all.

We are a long way away from being a good defense. People here just cut these guys a lot of slack because we are used to seeing some of the worst imaginable defenses from the Lions.
_________________
Oh no, we suck again
- Calvin's out
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger
detfan782004


Joined: 01 Apr 2005
Posts: 50931
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stylish313 wrote:
detfan782004 wrote:
Polaris wrote:
Even if you deduct the 28 points for the four special teams scores, it still only moves Detroit up to 22nd in scoring defense. And that's assuming that none of the teams they moved ahead of have had been scored upon by special teams or interception returns.

Not a good defense. Certainly not as good as you'd think they'd be.




Not rocket science considering all injuries on defense. Thanks Capt obvious. We know this. Not sure what your point is.
We started the season off with a bunch of scrubs in our secondary. We've actually been more fortunate than most other teams, none of of top contributors that we began the season with on defense missed much time, if any at all.

We are a long way away from being a good defense. People here just cut these guys a lot of slack because we are used to seeing some of the worst imaginable defenses from the Lions.



True. I haven't seen one claim they are good defense in this thread.
_________________


AAL DT- C Reid
AAL MLB- Tulloch
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34
Page 34 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group