Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15 GDT: Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Week 15 GDT: Indianapolis Colts vs Houston Texans Reply with quote

vs

Sunday: 12/16/2012
Reliant Stadium
12:00 Noon CBS

Overview: This is the first meeting between these 2 teams this season and the AFC South division is up for grabs. With the absence of Colts Head Coach Chuck Pagano, offensive coordinator Bruce Arians has taken over the reigns as the interim head coach. The Colts have managed to go 8-2 since Arians has taken over including winning their last 3 games. The Houston Texans, having already clinched a playoff spot still have work to do. They want to have homefield advantage throughout the AFC playoffs and they control their own destiny. The Texans are coming off a loss to the New England Patriots on Monday Night Football.

Positional Matchups:

QB: Texans
RB: Texans
WR/TE: Push
OL: Texans
DL: Texans
LB: Push
CB: Texans
S: Texans
ST: Colts

Keys to Victory:

1. Develop a pass rush to make Luck uncomfortable. Andrew Luck is a very underrated runner, and if we cant develop a pass rush on Luck we could be in trouble. The Colts OL isn't very good so guys like Mercilus and Barwin need to apply pressure. Luck has shown the ability to throw interceptions.

2. Do not take the pedal off the gas. This is a "huge" game against a divisional opponent. If we have a lead early, don't let up. Keep on playing hard and make a statement.

3. Better special teams play: More specifically on kick off return and punt return. That department was horrible against the Pats. Kubiak keeps saying Martin is a guy who can decide a game for you. This is the perfect chance to see why.

I know more of you guys are tired about this "Colts are forreal" stuff. I personally think they are taking advantage of a weak schedule. Like I said in the Pats GT, I wouldnt want to be the Colts facing a pissed off Texans team coming off a loss. Last time we lost a game this season we destroyed the Ravens. I expect the same this week.

Texans: 30
Colts: 14

Texans clinch the AFC South

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luck has been amazing this season "for a rookie" For anyone else he would be having a decent season, he has thrown for almost 4,000 yards and 18 TDs but he also has 18 INTs a 1:1 TD:Int ratio is NOT even close to being good. he leads the NFL in INTs and his completion percentage is one of the worst in the NFL at just 55% (in Matt Schaubs worst game of the season last night he completed 59%) He has been sacked the 3rd most times in the NFL this season

The Colts dont have a running game that scares anyone, but they do have a talented group of WRs and that could pose a problem to our beat up secondary. Even with some ups and downs from Andrew Luck the Colts have 4 WRs with more yards than our #2 WR....not to mention that Reggie Wayne is having a better year than Andre Johnson

we have a big advantage at TE but not as big if Graham is still hurt

our pass D is quickly becoming one of the worst in the league dropping from the top 5 all the way down to 19 (im sure we are bottom 5 over the last 4 weeks)

needless to say im big time worried about this one

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since this game occurs when the sun is out and isn't on everybodys tv across the nation, I'll give us a chance.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a pretty rough game for us. We're pretty [inappropriate/removed] on the road and we'll probably be blown out if our OL plays like it did against Tennessee.

Also,

Why is the Texans logo so big?

And the Colts logo is using the outdated royal blue, not the newer Speed blue.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tom Shean wrote:
It's going to be a pretty rough game for us. We're pretty [inappropriate/removed] on the road and we'll probably be blown out if our OL plays like it did against Tennessee.

Also,

Why is the Texans logo so big?

And the Colts logo is using the outdated royal blue, not the newer Speed blue.

Tried to find images that was 100x100 on google, but they didnt have any, so I got mad and just picked the best ones. Laughing
They used to have logos that was 100x100 around preseason.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope we win this game. We're in big trouble if we lose this. Week 17 in Indy is going to be much tougher regardless of the outcome of this game. Gotta at least secure the division first.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see the Texans give the ball to Ben Tate more.
Wolf6151

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to be at this game, my wife's company has a suite, so I want to see a good old fashioned a$$ whooping blowout. I think the Texans win this one.

Colts - 17
Texans - 34
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we win this one and the 49ers can beat the Pats, then we can wrap up home field with a win over the vikings and our week 17 match up will mean nothing

at least we got a humbling by the Pats

And just to point out:

last time we got smoked on national TV by the packers we won 6 games in a row, which if you do the math, has us winning the Super Bowl Smile

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AntiSuperstar wrote:

You're not the only one.
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lumberjackchris wrote:
AntiSuperstar wrote:

You're not the only one.

Put me in this camp as well. Kubiak needs to swallow his pride, take Tate out of the doghouse and put him to work. It's clear that he's a much better RB than Justin Forsett, and one could argue that he might be on equal footing with Arian Foster this season. Foster has the numbers, but we'd be lying to ourselves if we said Foster had the same pop as he did in seasons before.

You can blame the right side of the OL, you can blame the playcalling - but Foster just got paid as elite RBs do. Chris Johnson has a horrid OL, even worse playcallers, yet was able to reel off several big performances this season (even if they were in losing efforts, that's not on CJ - that's on a historically bad D). Foster has some good outings - the Jets and the Lions come to mind - and net/net, we can say this has been a good season for the guy. But can we REALLY say that it's reminicent of the 2009, 2010 or 2011 Foster, the guy who carried this team with big plays in both the run and passing game?

I love me some Arian, and I can say that he's a big factor in 11-2...but given how we've seen him completely take over games, we need to expect more from him. This game - with the division on the line, homefield advantage still up in the air - would be a great game to re-establish himself as a bellcow RB. It would be nice to see Arian break out again, like he did against the Colts in 2009, a 200+/3 TD game.

Would be a welcomed change.

Speaking of welcomed change - Texans, 45-7. Twisted Evil

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Texansfan713

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm with you guys too. The more we don't use Tate the less his value as far as a trade decrease. He is better than Forsett (no disrespect to Justin) and he should get the backup carries.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With 3 games left in the season and then the playoffs, Tate needs to take the load off of Foster and re-establish himself as an every down, every game, starting RB candidate. He needs to treat the rest of the season as an audition for every other team in the NFL and if he wants that big payday here's his opportunity. Rick Smith or Tates agent should have a sit down meeting with Ben and show him the writing on the wall, most likely he's playing for someone else next year and this is his audition for the big paycheck. Hopefully we can get some good trade value out of him if he perform well the rest of the season and playoffs.
tonyto3690

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texans are going to win big.

People saying the Colts are going to win the division are massively overreacting. The Texans will go either 2-0 or 1-1 and I'd lean much closer to 2-0.

Drew Brees IS the most accurate qb ever

Brees that night:
28/50, 341 yards, 0 TD, 5 INT.
kenney

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tonyto3690 wrote:
Texans are going to win big.

People saying the Colts are going to win the division are massively overreacting. The Texans will go either 2-0 or 1-1 and I'd lean much closer to 2-0.

Well we only have to win one of them to win the division. I think we'll be okay.

Kenney>Everyone else on here

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8

Jump to: