Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Try this Mock on for Size
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flatlyner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StLunatic88 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
jrry32 wrote:
Flatlyner wrote:
I too question the Reid pick. What about taking a guy like Amerson there to play safety? I think I'd feel more comfortable with Amerson at that pick then Reid. Love the Jefferson pick in the second and Wheaton. Not sold on Jordan giving us the type of impact we need out of our first rounders. As others have said, a guy like Warmack or Cooper might be nice here, as they would have immediate impact to our team.

And I hope we don't ignore the OLB position like always, its arguably one of the biggest areas of need.

That's the point of Jordan. He'd give us a dual impact as a SLB and a pass rusher. Incredible upside but there are questions about how good he'll be as a pass rusher.

You like Jordan as a OLB in a 4-3? Was pretty sure he was projecting as a OLB in a 3-4, just doubt he has coverage skills in our system. Was thinking for us he would have his hand on the ground.
You have the completely wrong impression on Jordan.

This is a guy who lines up outside as a Corner at Oregon. His speed/range/coverage ability is his best asset right now. He has a narrow base so his run support isnt the best, he couldnt handle his hand on the ground in the NFL, and even as an OLB he could be susceptible

Wow, at his size? That is very impressive. Guess I'll need to look into him a bit more.

St.Louis Rams D-Coordinator FFMD
StLunatic88

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:
Like the free agency portion - particularly going after a qualityRT and resigning Danny and Steven.
Danny is an obvious one, he wants to stay, we need him to, just get it done. And I think Steven ends up back here on (essentially) a 2 year deal. Keeps guys on reasonable money that we dont have to scramble & replace.

Quote:
The only FA part of the mock I disagree with is signing Tommy Kelly (or any big name DT). The Rams put a lot of money into the center of the D-line this past year with Brockers and Langford and both have certainly proven their worth.
Not really as much as you think. Next year the Duo will only be responsible for an $8mil cap hit. Less than Kelly is slated for by himself. That is why I can see the Raider cutting him, and he would be a 2-3 mil per year short deal at most as he is turning 32 and slowing down. He cant be a starter but as rotation guy he would be valuable. He is a middle of the road depth signing.

Quote:
I definitely agree Safety HAS to be a top priority in the draft. If you had pick one part of the defense which has failed time and again that would be it.
And some dont like drafting 2 and think we should make sure to sign one. Well Im not sure there is one worth signing that will hit the market. The Bills have started talks with Byrd, and the Falcons could very well Franchise Moore.

Quote:
The only other change I could see is potentially drafting a RB in the higher rounds. I know Richardson has at times looked like a workhorse back; however, he has also put the ball on the ground more than a few times. Pead has been a complete non-factor this year - speed doesn't matter if you can't get out of the backfield. In short I am not convinced Steve Jackson's replacement is on the roster.
If we resign Jackson, doubt we are drafting a RB also
Halradio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 7:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can certainly see the Rams totally revamping the Safety unit this off-season.

Dahl is a good special teams guy, but cetainly not starting caliber. Stewart has shown flashes, but he has been hurt a lot as well. Mikell has been servicable at best, but certainly not what would go call a play maker.

As for RB and WR, a lot obviously depend on who is available when the Rams draft. Furthermore, with the Rams still in the play-off hunt the likes of Richardson, Quick, and Pead won't be seeing many touches, so its hard to judge what the Rams really have in these guys.
ramsfan55

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:

Dahl is a good special teams guy, but cetainly not starting caliber. Stewart has shown flashes, but he has been hurt a lot as well. Mikell has been servicable at best, but certainly not what would go call a play maker.

As for RB and WR, a lot obviously depend on who is available when the Rams draft. Furthermore, with the Rams still in the play-off hunt the likes of Richardson, Quick, and Pead won't be seeing many touches, so its hard to judge what the Rams really have in these guys.

Why not? Richardson has contributed just about every time he has touched the ball? Quick scored against the 49ers, and pead.... Well He can do what hes been doing these past couple of weeks.. Nothing.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Halradio wrote:

We need to remember that teams draft for the future, if the players play a lot their first year that is just a bonus. An entire NFL off-season can really help some of these guys. Whether it be getting to a proper NFL weight, learning better technique, or learning the playbook. During the season coaches can't correct major problems but don't have the time to help out individually constantly and NFL can't really gain weight during the season.
dante9876

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been looking at you guys mock, this one seems to have the most posts in it so Ill ask here. There are a few Raiders fans putting trade with the Rams in their mock. So Ill figure i would actually ask Rams fans what they think of this. Basically saying you guys trade up with us to take the best tackle by far in the draft in Joeckel. I just dont see a team giving up picks to move ip for a tackle no matter how good he is. What yall think?
jrry32

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
Been looking at you guys mock, this one seems to have the most posts in it so Ill ask here. There are a few Raiders fans putting trade with the Rams in their mock. So Ill figure i would actually ask Rams fans what they think of this. Basically saying you guys trade up with us to take the best tackle by far in the draft in Joeckel. I just dont see a team giving up picks to move ip for a tackle no matter how good he is. What yall think?

Gonna say no. Gonna say Raider fans are targeting us because we have 2 1st round picks.

Saffold has been great when on the field this year and Snead doesn't seem like the type of guy to give up premium picks in a trade...in fact, I'd say if anything, it's more likely we trade down.

I'd more expect us to stand pat and grab a guy like Lewan or Matthews than to trade up.

You never know though. But if those trades have us giving up a lot of picks or value, I wouldn't bet on it. If you look at last year's draft...Snead's first...the Rams traded back 3 times but didn't trade up once.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
DistantRam

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

Got to agree with jrry. The Rams are more likely to trade down than up; given Fisher's history of not drafting offensive linemen in the first round, I can't envisage him moving up to take a tackle. Besides, as jrry says, Saffold has done well when fit.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: