Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

QB options for 2013
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  

QB you would trade down for
Alex Smith-SF
50%
 50%  [ 8 ]
Michael Vick-PHI
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Matt Flynn-SEA
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Kirk Cousins-WAS
18%
 18%  [ 3 ]
Tim Tebow-NYJ
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Brock Osweiler- DEN
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 16

EB29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:
Can't believe there are Chiefs fans who have anything else in mind than to draft the best Qb prospect at #1 overall.... Clearly some of you are as bad at analyzing football as Romeo at coaching. IT has to be a Qb at #1, no ifs, buts, it has to be.

If there are no qbs worth drafting then why waste 5-6 years with him?

Why would a bad QB get 5 years?

Ask Mark Sanchez.

Fair enough.

I personally would love Flacco. But I might be delusional Laughing

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
JustPlainNasty

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:
Can't believe there are Chiefs fans who have anything else in mind than to draft the best Qb prospect at #1 overall.... Clearly some of you are as bad at analyzing football as Romeo at coaching. IT has to be a Qb at #1, no ifs, buts, it has to be.

Everybody realizes you need a Qb but they're not all stubborn enough to realize that you dont force a square peg into a round hole and hoping doesnt get you a good qb.

...you have a forum resume?
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Ask Mark Sanchez.

Fair enough.

I would be very happy with Flacco also, but he won't be leaving.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Ask Mark Sanchez.

Fair enough.

I don't understand the comparison of Mark Sanchez and drafting a QB #1. He's already been resigned. And was drafted under a different CBA. This #1 will get a 4 yr deal, and won't be paid enough to cripple us if we decide to cut bait before the contract is up. I don't see the risk.

Master of his Craft....Loto on the sig.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kcity58 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Ask Mark Sanchez.

Fair enough.

I don't understand the comparison of Mark Sanchez and drafting a QB #1. He's already been resigned. And was drafted under a different CBA. This #1 will get a 4 yr deal, and won't be paid enough to cripple us if we decide to cut bait before the contract is up. I don't see the risk.

The risk is 3-4 years of mediocrity because our Gm feels forced to take a qb who isn't worthy of being drafted. I don't care about the money at all.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Kcity58 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
EB29 wrote:
Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

Ask Mark Sanchez.

Fair enough.

The risk is 3-4 years of mediocrity because our Gm feels forced to take a qb who isn't worthy of being drafted. I don't care about the money at all.

There is a huge difference between not worthy of being drafted, and arguing semantics of whether a guy should be the #1 off the board or a mid round first round pick. Either way, no one is denying that, lets say Geno Smith, has a LOT of talent. Are there questions about him, of course. There are about everyone. But unless your looking at last years first overall pick, every other QB has questions. And if we don't get a Luck, but get a Stafford or Newton, we should ALL be very happy about that. Hell, even a Bradford would be nice.

I guess my point is, I don't understand what perfect situation you anti QB at #1 guys want. But the more I think of it, I guess neither do you. And I'd rather the coaching/FO staff show the balls to admit the mistake on Cassel and take who they view as the best QB in this draft, weak class or not, and fill other needs through FA and later picks. Don't forget how awesome that top of the 2nd is. Or the comp pick we'll get from Carr. If we walked away with BPA after Geno in the first and it would up being a Lattimore and a "Honey Badger", we'd all be loving life. Throw in Mike Wallace in FA and good god. Add a Wisenhunt as HC and I honestly like us to take the division. Just my opinion.

Master of his Craft....Loto on the sig.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject: Re: QB options for 2013 Reply with quote

JustPlainNasty wrote:
Obviously primary need is settling on a QB.
Problem is no college Qb has stepped up to justify the value of Top 10 pick let alone the #1 overall for this years draft.

If an offer for the #1 pick all with similar compensation value came from one of the teams associated with these QB's which would you be most interested in. (Realizing Denver is a very unlikely option but just threw it out there because potential of Osweiler may be higher than any Qb's available in this years draft.)

Also figuring that a possible late 1st or early 2nd Qb selection is a likelihood in this scenario.

Huh?

You mean Dan Mcgwire potential?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
Buckweath wrote:

There are no automatic locks, but there are also no automatic busts at our pick...if we aren't going QB then we ain't tryin'...it's the formula that has killed us for years. There are no guarantees that if we pass this year we'll be in position to get the next sure-fire great one...we might get a decent stop gap, a good coach and be middle of the road or better and be unable to draft a prospect any better than Geno or Wilson.

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
Chiefer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah let's just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. That'll turn this franchise around.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chiefer wrote:
Yeah let's just keep doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result. That'll turn this franchise around.

This is an argument I can live with for the excuse to draft a qb.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We draft Geno Smith #1 overall. At the top of the second round we should be sitting in a good position to possibly trade down with a team looking to jump up and grab an available quarterback.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
We draft Geno Smith #1 overall. At the top of the second round we should be sitting in a good position to possibly trade down with a team looking to jump up and grab an available quarterback.

Geno or T Wilson yeah. I mean, I know I have been playing the docs advocate and saying what if there isn't any value in drafting a qb, but I wouldn't be opposed to either of those 2 guys at this point.

I am having difficulty figuring out what we should do in the 2nd round. If we let Bowe walk, which is a very good possibility then I think we should maybe grab the highest rated WR on our boards regardless of if the value is there or not (within reason of course). Or, even trading back into the first to grab a WR like Cordelle Patterson.

This draft reminds me of what the Packers and Patriots did last year on defense. Just spend as many picks as humanly possible to fix your problems on a certain side of the ball. In our case that will be offense.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

Geno or T Wilson yeah. I mean, I know I have been playing the docs advocate and saying what if there isn't any value in drafting a qb, but I wouldn't be opposed to either of those 2 guys at this point.

I am having difficulty figuring out what we should do in the 2nd round. If we let Bowe walk, which is a very good possibility then I think we should maybe grab the highest rated WR on our boards regardless of if the value is there or not (within reason of course). Or, even trading back into the first to grab a WR like Cordelle Patterson.

This draft reminds me of what the Packers and Patriots did last year on defense. Just spend as many picks as humanly possible to fix your problems on a certain side of the ball. In our case that will be offense.

Personally, I wouldn't be opposed to spending a pick on a wide receiver even if Bowe is re-signed. Now, I would target a specific wide receiver that has the ability to stretch defenses as a deep threat. I think that is what we are lacking right now. Wylie might be able to do that, but IMO he projects more as a slot receiver and hopefully can be a replacement for McCluster down the road if he develops (and gets some playing time!).

I am working on a mock offseason and there are a couple of prospects I like that I think could serve that role for us.

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:

We might as well give up if that happens...no reason for it, he wants to stay and we need him.

I don't think all offense is the answer...after QB, I have more defensive concerns....although I think we can contend at a high level with only QB and coach upgrades. The defense appears far ahead of the offense, but that is mostly because one position and coaching affect the offense far more than the defense.

Nic, I'd actually go TE before going after another WR unless it's a really late round pick. Even though we lack a speedy deep threat, how much time would he get if Baldwin, Bowe, Breaston, DMX, and Wylie are all back. That is plenty of threats for a new QB to go along with what JC opens up. I'd rather have drafted Torrey over Baldwin, but that's over now and i'm ready to move ahead at WR as is and see what they can do with a new QB before we make any changes/major additions. If Breaston or Bowe leave things change, but if we're smart that won't happen. If one does leave, I really will stop caring so much until we have a competent FO.

With Boss likely done, another TE in the 4th or 5th would benefit the team more, IMO. Ideally I would like to see..
1st QB
2nd CB
3rd ILB
3rd S/TE
4th TE/S
5th DE if Dorsey leaves

If Pioli is still here, that likely means: (and i'm giving him the benefit of the doubt on 1st round)
1st-QB
2nd-DE
3rd-G/C
3rd-WR
4th-TE
5th-CB/S hybrid
6th-ILB
7th-FB

brawl.kc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point I'll take a Jake Cutler, Matt Schuab, Sam Bradford, Matt Stafford type any day. I don't need them to be the best of the best but I do want them to be a strong QB with one plus plus attribute whether it be accuracy, arm strength, or intelligence. For that guy, I'm starting to lean more and more towards Geno Smith. Plus arm-strength, plus plus intelligence, and elite escapability. I'll take my chances on a really smart QB with good arm strength and let him learn the rest. I think his closest QB comparison would be Tom Brady, but with more attention prior to his career. Although, if you were to say Barkley and a WCO style offense, I also couldn't complain. I am on the flipside of most people's arguments -- I believe that both of these guys (barring injury) are going to have quality NFL careers and they'd both be upgrades over whom we roll with now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: