Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT - Houston vs New England
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What do you make of the Madden Simulation?
It is wrong, Texans win big
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
It is right on, Pats barely win
29%
 29%  [ 8 ]
Its not even close, Pats destroy texans
55%
 55%  [ 15 ]
It just missed it, Texans pull off a close one
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 27

titans0021

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bunnyracin wrote:
We play Indy twice and Minn, Colts play us twice and KC. Colts will win the AFC South
As someone who has watched the Titans lose twice to Houston and twice to Indy, I can say without any shadow of a doubt that Houston is the better team. The Colts aren't sweeping you guys and they sure as hell aren't winning this division.

Texans got crushed tonight, no doubt about it, still a far better team than the Colts, who really were outplayed by Tennessee in both meetings.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titans0021 wrote:
bunnyracin wrote:
We play Indy twice and Minn, Colts play us twice and KC. Colts will win the AFC South
As someone who has watched the Titans lose twice to Houston and twice to Indy, I can say without any shadow of a doubt that Houston is the better team. The Colts aren't sweeping you guys and they sure as hell aren't winning this division.

Texans got crushed tonight, no doubt about it, still a far better team than the Colts, who really were outplayed by Tennessee in both meetings.

Not to mention they have been outscored by 37 points and has played a soft schedule. Colts don't scare me not one bit. We are going to destroy them.

Speaking of the Colts game, I'll make the GDT tomorrow. I'm so tired. Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
NO ONE SHOWED UP TONIGHT, There isnt anyone we can say brought it tonight

Watt and Johnson played at their usual high level. Tate looked pretty damn good too. The problem was Schaub had probably his worst game of the season and was just downright awful the whole night, forcing throws, inaccurate passes, and that really killed us. Also the playcalling was horrendous.
BullsonParade

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm just ready for the playoffs to start. I'm done with evaluating this team in meaningless games. Either they'll show up for the playoffs or they won't. January can't come sooner.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did somebody get the name of that semi truck that rolled over us? All I saw was Massachusetts plates and what looked to be a smiling Tom Brady behind the wheel..... sheeshh....

True Story: I had to teach until nearly 9 PM last night. My GF was supposed to text me with any news. So after the third text of bad news, I just told her to stop. So I'm done teaching, but starving since I haven't eaten since 11 AM. Go to my local Chili's to watch the rest of the massacre and put some food in my stomach so I can drown my sorrows without getting a DUI.

I walk in see a BRAND NEW Welker jersey sitting at the bar. I sit down anyway. Turns out to be a former student who dang near flunked my class when she was in school. Suffice it to say I heard nothing but trash talk from a pint-sized bandwagoner well into the 3rd quarter. #goTexans Laughing
EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post game thoughts:

- If you're gonna wear your high school jackets, do me a solid and don't bring your high school game. That's what happened last night. The Texans looked like a 20-5A school going up against Alabama. Flustered, confused, unsure, unaware. Efforts like this might work against similar "deer-in-the-headlight" teams such as Jacksonville, but when you have a team that can smell blood in the water such as New England, you're going to lose.

- There were three "Butterfly Effect" moments in the game, moments in which the game could of swung the Texans' way...had the moment to take advantage of them weren't too big, all within the first 15 minutes of the game:

1. Lestar Jean's drop on the 1st drive of the game. I'll give him this - the level of difficulty on that grab was at a 9.5 or so. Tough catch, adjusting from your inside shoulder to your outside shoulder to a "basket catch" grab. Very tough grab. However, you're a professional. Despite the snazzy jackets that make you feel like you're in High School, you're paid a lot of money to make that catch. Matt Schaub threw that pass as well as you can imagine, the coverage was exactly what you needed. Jean needs to finish that play, sustain that drive, and the Texans draw first blood in the form of some sort of score. Who knows how NE reacts if we get the first points of the game.

2. Kareem Jackson not coming up with that fumble in the RZ. Tied 0-0, against a team that never turns the ball over, and the ball is on the ground, for anyone to pick up. Just fall on the ball, wrap it up. That tells NE that we're not a defense to toy around with, and it tells the offense that the D is going to get your back when Jean drops a 3rd down pass. We recover that, I am certain that the Texans start to play loose, and the Pats start to play on their heels. Alas, NE recovers. Next play, TD. You can't spot points to Tom Brady.

3. Matt Schaub's INT to Devin McCourty. At first glance, it looked as if the coverage dictated the throw, and Matt simply underestimated McCourty's range. However, when they showed the All-22, Arian Foster was WIDE OPEN in the shallow dump off, nobody within 10 yards of him on either side. At the least, Foster takes it to the 5 yard line. At the most, game is tied, 7-7. Matt tried to be a hero on that throw, and turned out as the goat. Bad throw, Matt. Bad.

- Garrett Graham is much more important that we give him credit for. We tried to run our two TE sets with Andrew Gardner as the 2nd TE, and that failed, miserably. The lack of passing was a foregone conclusion, but Gardner was getting killed in his run blocking as well. Why James Casey wasn't the next man up in lieu of Graham's injury is beyond me; If anything, Casey needs to move to the #2 TE spot and Tyler Clutts needs to take on FB duties. It makes sense that Graham is important - with as much as we run two TE sets, he's a starter, plays starter minutes. So, gameplanning with Andrew Gardner as his primary backup is asking to fail.

- Brice McCain, too. Brandon Harris might have some more growing pains, and the growth of Kareem Jackson has me wary of writing someone off so quickly, but yesterday's game reminded me of when Jackson was murdered by Seji Ajirotutu and Phillip Rivers. Donte Stallworth has no business beating you for a 65 yard TD pass, so getting beat by him is inexcusable. He's still a very young player, but he's gotta set it up big time if he wants to see more PT. Same as above - with as much as we play nickel, McCain plays starter-esque minutes. So, to have a gameplan that relies on a very raw and inexperienced 2nd year player as well as a street FA is...well, poor planning. Move Quin or Manning to the NCB role, roll the die on Quentin Demps as the starting S. Can't be worse than Harris.

- NOT Connor Barwin, however. My patience for him has ran very thin. Guy has nothing but irrelevant games, week in and week out. Doesn't rush the passer well, doesn't play the run well, doesn't cover in space or in man well...this season has been a nightmare for the guy, and I think that unless he takes a very "pro-Texans" deal this offseason, we won't want him back. I'm of the mindset that once Brooks Reed mends up, we sit Barwin as the 3rd OLB, let Mercilius/Reed get the starting nod.

- I'm not one to blame the refs, but it IS hard when they're making some horrid calls. The PI on Manning was bad enough, there was no way Wes Welker caught that unless he grew to Yao Ming proportions. But the OPI on Jean was even worse. How the heck did Kyle Arrington NOT get called on that is baffling. Horrible call. Game changing? Well, not as game changing as the Manning call.

- I said it on my FB page, and I'll say it here: Arian, I love you...but when you're down 28-0 and you score a TD, skip the damn namaste. I get it that he's not "showing up" anyone, and he's doing it as a "sign of respect" to the fans...but a better sign of respect is getting your head in the game, understaidng that you're down by three TDs, give the ball to the ref and then do something when your defense holds the Pats. This isn't Cam Newton doing his Superman thing when he's down 31-10, but it's close. Know the situation, do your "thing" when the team is in position to do their "thing" you know? Still love you Arian, just...well, just know better.

- Am I upset? Yes. Is the sky falling? No. Truth is, the Patriots have been the benchmark franchise for the past decade, since Tom Brady took over for Drew Bledsoe. This one was a game where we were billed to lose, even before TC. So, we did. We lost convincingly, so that's a shot in the gut...but the mistakes are all there to see. Wasn't like this was some form of internal bleeding, where you have no idea where the blood is coming from until it is too late - this was a game that was void of execution when opportunities presented itself. Also, it's not as if we don't control our destiny; We still have three games to play, and we have to secure our division as well as home field advantage. Get the bad taste out of your mouth, come out like we did against Baltimore. That's the best medicine for the Monday sickness we had yesterday.

- I AM going to temper my expectations. Can we make the SB? Yes, absolutely. WILL we make the SB? Well, we need someone to take Tom Brady and Peyton Manning out, hope that we get a few games against Andrew Luck (who DOES scare me) or Joe Flacco (who does NOT scare me) or Ben Roethlensberger (who scares me in the playoffs). It's doable, but playing our High School game isn't going to get it done. It takes more than showing up to win these games, and I hope yesterday was a sobering reminder of that.

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Pastor Dillon

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can beat the Patriots at home in the AFC Championship game, but i dont think we can beat them on the road

we really need the 49ers to beat the Pats this week for us, but they way it is shaping up we will end up with the 2 seed and will be most likely playing Denver in the 2nd round of the playoffs, which is not a good thing but we did beat them @ Denver earlier this season

the real question will be can the Colts knock off the Ravens and the Pats on the Road? Probably not, so it would seem if we would get by Denver we would either host the Ravens or go to NE

personally i would rather play a team that destroyed us than a team that we destroyed

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pastor Dillon wrote:
We can beat the Patriots at home in the AFC Championship game, but i dont think we can beat them on the road

If the AFC championship is at noon, then yes. We don't like the big lights

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If people aren't concerned about this loss, they're straight up lying to themselves. Every elite QB we've played have destroyed us and it doesn't seem likely that's changing anytime soon.

Andre Johnson and JJ Watt are our 2 best players and the next best player doesn't come remotely close.

Schaub? I'm beginning to think he's scared of primetime. He played his worst game of the season and the one thing I hate the most is that he has no problems heaving it up for grabs to players like Kevin Walter and LeStar Jean but when it comes to Andre, he'll never even give him a chance.

Foster? I love Foster but the dude is overrated. Him breaking a tackle is equivalent to AJ getting a fade throw, slim to none. If someone even lays a finger on his legs best believe he's going down. GIVE TATE MORE CARRIES

Barwin? This might be the worst contract year a player could ever have. Just a no-show week in and week out.

Wade Phillips is also gonna need to change his gameplan. Man coverage across the board is CLEARLY not gonna work against the elite QBs. Play SOME zone at least.

/endrant

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Houston Texans All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: