Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ben Watson and Sheldon Brown should be resigned.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
No matter how well they play there are gonna be the people who think as soon as someone turns 30 players need to be cut or retire

Unfortunately, our new president is one of them. Crying or Very sad

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:
No matter how well they play there are gonna be the people who think as soon as someone turns 30 players need to be cut or retire

Show me the players he has cut that were 30 + and that it was because of age not production, and show me that he never kept a player 30+...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
once again both guys made a impact and over the past 2 week Brown has looke like our #1 corner.

Both guys looked good, no doubt, but let's not get carried away.

Haden's our #1...by a long shot.

I'm not getting carried away yeah obviously Haden s our #1 but Brown has out performed him the last 2 weeks. That's a fact.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Brown retires and Watson is resigned.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
ditchdigger

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

Show me the players he has cut that were 30 + and that it was because of age not production, and show me that he never kept a player 30+...

There's this invention called google that lets you satisfy all your curiosities.

IOW, look it up your damn self. We are not your personal research service.

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
looks like Ditch's infinite wisdom is correct again.
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gmer47brown wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
gmer47brown wrote:
once again both guys made a impact and over the past 2 week Brown has looke like our #1 corner.

Both guys looked good, no doubt, but let's not get carried away.

Haden's our #1...by a long shot.

I'm not getting carried away yeah obviously Haden s our #1 but Brown has out performed him the last 2 weeks. That's a fact.

I think Haden was only thrown at one time against the Raiders.

We should try to resign both. Brown for only 1-2 years and Watson for 2-3 years.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

There's this invention called google that lets you satisfy all your curiosities.

Oh, what the hell. Here's a freebie; the next one's gonna cost you.

http://gcobb.com/2012/10/30/eagles-need-to-return-to-their-30-year-old-free-agent-rule/

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
cattleman78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

http://gcobb.com/2012/10/30/eagles-need-to-return-to-their-30-year-old-free-agent-rule/

I agree somewhat with the article. A kicker like Dawson is an exception. No way should Brown and Watson be signed to long term deals. If the Browns think say Watson has only one or two years left that is how long they should sign him for. If another team offers him 4 years we should just let him go. Fujita is an example of a player who was mostly a waste of money. Juqua Parker is an older player signed for one year and contributed. Parker did basically what Heckert signed him for rush the passer.

Adopted Brown Tashaun Gipson safety
vs. g.bay 7 tackles,2 asst. tackles and 1 pass defended
roger murdock

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we need to keep our leadership intact, and that includes keeping Watson, Cribbs, and Brown. These guys are productive, work hard, and care. If we want to push towards the playoffs we will need some leadership. Watson and Brown have been on playoff teams and those are basically the only guys on our roster with that experience.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Dropkick_pride wrote:
LETSGOBROWNIES wrote:
FEARtheELF wrote:

I think you should retread that article. It specifically states more than once "big name free agents" that are 30 or beyond. It says nothing about cutting players that are still producing at a high level just because of their age.

The entire article is about being smart about FA agent signings, not over paying for old talent, and to build through the draft.

things that we would all agree on.

The popular opinion being floated around here that banner will axe every player over or near 30 is crap, so feel free to look to look up some better data your damn self... or do you need personal service???

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, the article was about how the Eagles went downhill quickly when they stopped their policy of not having 30-somethings on their roster. Production didn't matter - only age. The free agents they were talking about included their own players.

Banner let every 30+ FA walk in Philly, or traded them before they could walk. Dawkins, Brown, McNabb, Owens, Gocong, among many others. Most produced for their next teams; some produced very well.

You really have to be belligerent to not see this. It was so well-documented, that they started comparing the Eagles to the movie Logan's Run (where everyone over 30 was killed for the good of society).

#FreeJoshGordon
BwickBrownie wrote:
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
No, the article was about how the Eagles went downhill quickly when they stopped their policy of not having 30-somethings on their roster. Production didn't matter - only age. The free agents they were talking about included their own players.

Banner let every 30+ FA walk in Philly, or traded them before they could walk. Dawkins, Brown, McNabb, Owens, Gocong, among many others. Most produced for their next teams; some produced very well.

You really have to be belligerent to not see this. It was so well-documented, that they started comparing the Eagles to the movie Logan's Run (where everyone over 30 was killed for the good of society).

Can you guys please not tell Banner that I'm 33. Thanks.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin
Pierre Desir
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:

Ummm... To do know that Gocong is only 29 NOW right?

Owens? Mcnabb? Seriously, these guys helping the eagles? No.

The article said that the eagles should go back to the policy of OT signing high priced older FAs because they suck!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: