Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Draft
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see Burfict moving to MLB, but I wouldn't be shocked if they brought back Rey for SLB instead of Lawson.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1513
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If Geathers isn't resigned, and I don't anticipate him coming back, hopefully we can spend some money to resign Johnson and I would not be opposed to signing a player who can play some OLB and DE, a Dion Jordan type who can really play WLB, SLB or DE for us and has a lot of diversity in the ways we can use him.

This safety class is good, and I like Kenny Vaccaro, Tony Jefferson, Matt Elam and Phillip Thomas but I think maintaing an elite rotation along the defensive line is what will keep us as a playoff (contending) type team.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
TheVillain112


Moderator
Joined: 19 Feb 2010
Posts: 15517
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ark23 wrote:
If Geathers isn't resigned


I'll be soo ticked if we re-sign him.

We need to go heavy defense in this draft. The offense has the personnel it needs, they just need more time to mature...
_________________


chris00cm wrote:
Lavelle Hawkins figures he's already cut, so YOLO.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
dez85


Joined: 04 Jan 2008
Posts: 424
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheVillain112 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
If Geathers isn't resigned


I'll be soo ticked if we re-sign him.

We need to go heavy defense in this draft. The offense has the personnel it needs, they just need more time to mature...


Agreed. I wouldnt mind a runningback though. There seems to be alot of talent in the 2nd round area. But the front office has probably seen enough from Peerman that we dont take one until later.

Maualuga just really makes me angry still. Even after he lost weight midseason. Covering RB's and TE's is just too important in todays game and Rey simply cant do it. Its too frustrating to watch. Surely the coaches must feel some of what we do. It was nice seeing Lamur out there in some nickel packages.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
theJ


Moderator
Joined: 20 Mar 2005
Posts: 18221
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dez85 wrote:
TheVillain112 wrote:
ark23 wrote:
If Geathers isn't resigned


I'll be soo ticked if we re-sign him.

We need to go heavy defense in this draft. The offense has the personnel it needs, they just need more time to mature...


Agreed. I wouldnt mind a runningback though. There seems to be alot of talent in the 2nd round area. But the front office has probably seen enough from Peerman that we dont take one until later.

Maualuga just really makes me angry still. Even after he lost weight midseason. Covering RB's and TE's is just too important in todays game and Rey simply cant do it. Its too frustrating to watch. Surely the coaches must feel some of what we do. It was nice seeing Lamur out there in some nickel packages.

Obviously there will be some hype and some trepidation about Marcus Lattimore, but i'd take a shot on him somewhere in the 4th round or later. Put him on the 8 week IR or pup, and see if he can do anything late in 2013.
_________________


Don't follow your passion, take your passion with you.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6188
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd go 5-7 for Lattimore, but I think he's supposed to miss next year. Still, if he gets healthy, it's a good move.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ROBERTFREEMAN


Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 426
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would take him with our second
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ark23


Joined: 04 Dec 2012
Posts: 1513
Location: Columbus, Ohio
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too much of a risk for a draft pick to be used on him if you ask me. RB is the one position where with good scouting it's very possible to find a guy in the late rounds who is ready to contribute right away. Guys like Robbie Rouse, Zac Stacy or Theo Riddick who can be really good in the NFL.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22822
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
I would take him with our second


That would be a risk. That's too early with his injury questions now. I wouldn't mind seeing us get a back in the 2nd and another in the 5-6 range. We need talent there and all over the back 7 of the defense
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
INbengalfan


Joined: 21 Jan 2006
Posts: 5381
Location: Richmond, IN
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kenjon Barner in the third. Lattimore in the 5th.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ochocinco4pres


Joined: 04 Apr 2007
Posts: 22822
Location: Indianapolis Indiana
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Kenjon Barner in the third. Lattimore in the 5th.


Would be ideal in my mind
_________________


Big thanks to kacymcbryant18 for the sig....^^
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Beck Bristow


Moderator
Joined: 17 Dec 2005
Posts: 6188
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

INbengalfan wrote:
Kenjon Barner in the third. Lattimore in the 5th.


I like it.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ROBERTFREEMAN


Joined: 02 Nov 2007
Posts: 426
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HE wont make it out of the Third, Maurice Clarett was a 4th
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anonymous3


Joined: 09 Oct 2011
Posts: 1553
Location: IU
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
HE wont make it out of the Third, Maurice Clarett was a 4th


I'd be surprised if he even made it out of the second. There will be a team who will believe they can put him on the PUP and use him mid-season. I'm very skeptical personally now. I have a slight fear of RBs... Embarassed
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
johndeere1707


Joined: 01 Apr 2006
Posts: 5837
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anonymous3 wrote:
ROBERTFREEMAN wrote:
HE wont make it out of the Third, Maurice Clarett was a 4th


I'd be surprised if he even made it out of the second. There will be a team who will believe they can put him on the PUP and use him mid-season. I'm very skeptical personally now. I have a slight fear of RBs... Embarassed


Clarett was a 3rd dummy
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cincinnati Bengals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group