Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Following the Browns 1st Round Pick
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mistakebytehlak

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

As of right now, we'd be in a coin flip with the Saints for #12/#13. If we win next week and nothing else considered, we'd be picking right behind the Rams at #15 because they have a tie instead of a full loss. I'll take some time either tonight or tomorrow to factor in ties to get this more accurate. It hasn't happened since I started this so I never coded it in, but I'll get that taken care of. I think with a tie factor in, we are slightly behind the Saints (they faced the 49ers) so we are most likely #12 by a very small %

Other nuggets

#1: We're tied for the 9th strongest schedule so far this year
#2: If we win out, we leave ourselves a shot at the playoffs

We'll possibly be facing a RG3-less team on Sunday. The Redskins offense possess a lot of speed and a very good zone blocking scheme for Alfred Morris to run behind, but if RG3 can't go, we can really focus on the offense as a whole and won't be forced into having to contain RG3 which is huge

you should just have to sort on # of wins and then .SOS and the tie should be factored in
candyman93

Location: The Man, The Myth, The Legend El Ramster on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just thinking out loud. I wonder if Heckertt will take the same aggressive draft approach with the defense that he did with the offense last year? First three picks for defense and the rest goes to offense?

sdrawkcab321 wrote:
It'll be a cold day in hell when I read a thread title.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:
Just thinking out loud. I wonder if Heckertt will take the same aggressive draft approach with the defense that he did with the offense last year? First three picks for defense and the rest goes to offense?

I kind of hope so.

At this point, what is a dire need on offense?? TE? OG? FB? I mean, I honestly feel good about most of our offensive spots. Not to mention all 3 of those could be EASY FA pick ups.

DE, CB, FS and LB are bigger needs than any of those IMO.

If I had to choose 1 to wait another year to upgrade, it would probably be LB. Though Rucker is doing well on the line.

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
LETSGOBROWNIES

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

candyman93 wrote:

I hope so.

Can't see too many holes on offense, TE and G maybe, and I don't think either of those positions warrant a high selection.

I'd love to see a trade down. If they can come away from this draft with a quality player at each level of the defense, they'll be in great shape.

First Ballot Cleveland Browns Forum Hall of Fame Inductee.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nugpimpen wrote:
candyman93 wrote:

I kind of hope so.

At this point, what is a dire need on offense?? TE? OG? FB? I mean, I honestly feel good about most of our offensive spots. Not to mention all 3 of those could be EASY FA pick ups.

DE, CB, FS and LB are bigger needs than any of those IMO.

If I had to choose 1 to wait another year to upgrade, it would probably be LB. Though Rucker is doing well on the line.

My thoughts exactly. +1

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My big off season wish is starting to become draft defense and add a corner and FS in round 1 and 3, then DE in 4. Offensively if we can sign Danny Amendola it would be so huge. Weeden needs his slot guy. Then in 2014 if we can land Austin Seferian-Jenkins we can be scary good.

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
My big off season wish is starting to become draft defense and add a corner and FS in round 1 and 3, then DE in 4. Offensively if we can sign Danny Amendola it would be so huge. Weeden needs his slot guy. Then in 2014 if we can land Austin Seferian-Jenkins we can be scary good.

See I differ slightly but see where your coming from. I want FA to have at least two signings. A OG/OT and ether a FS or CB that can start.

WR: I think the 4 WR's under contract can get the job done Gordon Little Benjamin and Cooper. I think it would be easier to resign MoMass then bring in Amendola. But that s more of a preference I guess.

Then the 1st 3 picks go to the D like you said hitting all 3 levels of the D.

As for Jenkins TE issue there is enough depth to hit that with a 5th round pick IMO.

FEARtheELF

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

See I differ slightly but see where your coming from. I want FA to have at least two signings. A OG/OT and ether a FS or CB that can start.

Dont get me wrong I would love to sign a FS or G too but we have seemed to do away with the FA idea. Delmas, Landry, or Kerry Rhodes would be nice.

DawgSoldier wrote:

As for Jenkins TE issue there is enough depth to hit that with a 5th round pick IMO.

Jenkins is a Gronkowski, Graham, Witten, Gates type talent. He is a dominating athlete, receiver, and blocker. He would take our offense to the next level

stallyns wrote:
I don't remember much before Football's Future.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

1 Dont get me wrong I would love to sign a FS or G too but we have semed to do away with the FA idea. Delmas, Landry, or Kerry Rhodes would be nice.

DawgSoldier wrote:

2 Jenkins is a Gronkowski, Graham, Witten, Gates type talent. He is a dominating athlete, receiver, and blocker. He would take our offense to the next level

1 I think Haslam and the end of the year resurgence may make them a little more achievable.

2 Sign Watson 1 more year and draft a utility TE guy. In 2014 Watson retires and then you get your uber TE and still have great depth too. Wink

pmk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FEARtheELF wrote:
Little already looks impressive out of the slot when he can hold onto the damn ball. What they need at WR is a better MoMass. Someone who can play on the outside during 3rd and long and you know is always going to run a route past the marker and make the catch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:

As of right now, we'd be in a coin flip with the Saints for #12/#13. If we win next week and nothing else considered, we'd be picking right behind the Rams at #15 because they have a tie instead of a full loss. I'll take some time either tonight or tomorrow to factor in ties to get this more accurate. It hasn't happened since I started this so I never coded it in, but I'll get that taken care of. I think with a tie factor in, we are slightly behind the Saints (they faced the 49ers) so we are most likely #12 by a very small %

Other nuggets

#1: We're tied for the 9th strongest schedule so far this year
#2: If we win out, we leave ourselves a shot at the playoffs

We'll possibly be facing a RG3-less team on Sunday. The Redskins offense possess a lot of speed and a very good zone blocking scheme for Alfred Morris to run behind, but if RG3 can't go, we can really focus on the offense as a whole and won't be forced into having to contain RG3 which is huge

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109680/article/2013-nfl-draft-order

If the season ended today, this is a look at the order for the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft*.

No. 1 overall draft picks
Take a look back at the No. 1 picks in the NFL draft.
1. Kansas City Chiefs (2-11)
2. Jacksonville Jaguars (2-11)
3. Oakland Raiders (3-10)
4. Philadelphia Eagles (4-9)
5. Carolina Panthers (4-9)
6. Tennessee Titans (4-9)
7. Detroit Lions (4-9)
8. Arizona Cardinals (4-9)
9. San Diego Chargers (5-Cool
10. Cleveland Browns (5-Cool
11. Buffalo Bills (5-Cool
12. Miami Dolphins (5-Cool
13. New Orleans Saints (5-Cool
14. New York Jets (6-7)
15. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (6-7)
16. St. Louis Rams (6-6-1)
17. Cincinnati Bengals (7-6)
18. Minnesota Vikings (7-6)
19. Dallas Cowboys (7-6)
20. St. Louis Rams (from Washington Redskins, 7-6)
21. Pittsburgh Steelers (7-6)
22. Seattle Seahawks (8-5)
23. New York Giants (8-5)
24. Chicago Bears (8-5)
25. Indianapolis Colts (9-4)
26. Green Bay Packers (9-4)
27. Baltimore Ravens (9-4)
28. San Francisco 49ers (9-3-1)
29. Denver Broncos (10-3)
30. New England Patriots (10-3)
31. Houston Texans (11-2)
32. Atlanta Falcons (11-2)

* Strength of schedule is used to determine order between teams with matching win-loss records.

umm so who is wrong? Druids math looks right but....this is an NFL list Question

Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000109680/article/2013-nfl-draft-order

umm so who is wrong? Druids math looks right but....this is an NFL list Question

It might have to do with how the SoS is calculated
TeHDruiD

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgSoldier wrote:
If the season ended today, this is a look at the order for the first round of the 2013 NFL Draft*.

You answered your own question Razz

My program calculates games that haven't been played because at the end of the year that's all that matters. For those calculations, they're only taking into account the games that have been played. For a week to week basis it's nice, but I'm only worried about the end result

Example: We have 3 games left

Redskins: 7-6
Broncos: 10-3
Steelers: 7-6

So that's 24 uncounted for wins that are factored into my program that aren't factored into the "if the season ended on week 14". See what I mean? Next year I plan to provide both weekly projections and end of the year projections, but I didn't get around to it this year, been extremely busy
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

My program calculates games that haven't been played because at the end of the year that's all that matters. For those calculations, they're only taking into account the games that have been played. For a week to week basis it's nice, but I'm only worried about the end result

So that's 24 uncounted for wins that are factored into my program that aren't factored into the "if the season ended on week 14". See what I mean? Next year I plan to provide both weekly projections and end of the year projections, but I didn't get around to it this year, been extremely busy

Honestly the "if the season ended today" lists are kind of meaningless. Your's is superior.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TeHDruiD wrote:
DawgSoldier wrote:

ahh. Hey wasn't calling you out Druid. I just was wondering where the difference was/what it was.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 19 of 29

Jump to: