Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

TACT 3: This Ain't Chiefs Talk
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 72, 73, 74  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
The Royals' leadership is showing the courage/juevos I wish the Chiefs' leadership had.

they are also showing idiocy

They are showing that they are willing to make a big move in order to win games.

This move does several things:

1. Gets rid of your 2 best pitching prospects on top of a top 5 prospect in all of baseball
2. ensures more Jeff Francouer in the outfield, which will be horrible. I pray they start Dyson, Cain, and Gordon
3. Shields is not a true ace. This deal would have been questionable for David Price!

1.) You said it yourself... it got rid of our two best pitching PROSPECTS. Do you know how common it is for prospects... especially pitching prospects to bust? Two years ago everybody was talking about the Royals maybe having the best collection of pitching prospects in a looooong time. Since then Danny Duffy and John Lamb have had Tommy John surgery, and Chris Dwyer, Mike Montgomery, and Noel Arguelles have put up below average numbers in the high minor leagues. Prospects are just that... prospects. It's about time the Royals used their prospects for proven Major Leaguers, rather than the other way around.

2.) I don't like Jeff Francouer at all, but I'd much rather have him in RF with a rotation of Shield, Guthrie, Santana, Davis, Hochevar (until Duffy/Paulino return) than Myers in RF and a rotation of Guthrie, Santana, Hochevar, Chen, Mendoza. Starting pitching is what wins games in the MLB... not a corner OF.

3.) Shields isn't a true ace? Let's look at his numbers over the last two years compared to Zack Greinke (widely regarded as an ace and just got PAID)...

Shields - 477 IP, 3.15 ERA, 448 K, 14 CG, 6 Shutouts, .228 Opp Avg
Greinke - 384 IP, 3.63 ERA, 401 K, 0 CG, 0 Shutsouts, .247 Opp Avg

As you can see, Shields has put up slightly better numbers than the guy who just received the highest contract of any pitcher in MLB history.

Also, over the last two years this is where Shields ranks in the MLB in a few of the previously mentioned categories...

IP - 2nd
K - 3rd
CG - 1st
Shutouts - T-1st
ERA - 17th

James Shields is definitely an ace.

I agree that the Royals gave up a lot in the trade, and I hate to see Wil Myers go, but this trade makes the Royals a hell of a lot better. We are legit contenders in the AL Central, which is something that couldn't be said just 24 hours ago. Fact of the matter is, the Royals' brass said at the beginning of the offseason that their goal was to improve the starting rotation. They've gone out and gotten James Shield, Ervin Santana, and Wade Davis through trades, and signed Jeremy Guthrie. The front office is showing some initiative and trying to put forth a winner. This is the big move the Royals needed to make. Now, it's time for the Chiefs to make their big move (QB).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:
The Royals' leadership is showing the courage/juevos I wish the Chiefs' leadership had.

they are also showing idiocy

They are showing that they are willing to make a big move in order to win games.

1. Gets rid of your 2 best pitching prospects on top of a top 5 prospect in all of baseball
2. ensures more Jeff Francouer in the outfield, which will be horrible. I pray they start Dyson, Cain, and Gordon
3. Shields is not a true ace. This deal would have been questionable for David Price!

1.) You said it yourself... it got rid of our two best pitching PROSPECTS. Do you know how common it is for prospects... especially pitching prospects to bust? Two years ago everybody was talking about the Royals maybe having the best collection of pitching prospects in a looooong time. Since then Danny Duffy and John Lamb have had Tommy John surgery, and Chris Dwyer, Mike Montgomery, and Noel Arguelles have put up below average numbers in the high minor leagues. Prospects are just that... prospects. It's about time the Royals used their prospects for proven Major Leaguers, rather than the other way around.

2.) I don't like Jeff Francouer at all, but I'd much rather have him in RF with a rotation of Shield, Guthrie, Santana, Davis, Hochevar (until Duffy/Paulino return) than Myers in RF and a rotation of Guthrie, Santana, Hochevar, Chen, Mendoza. Starting pitching is what wins games in the MLB... not a corner OF.

3.) Shields isn't a true ace? Let's look at his numbers over the last two years compared to Zack Greinke (widely regarded as an ace and just got PAID)...

As you can see, Shields has put up slightly better numbers than the guy who just received the highest contract of any pitcher in MLB history.

Also, over the last two years this is where Shields ranks in the MLB in a few of the previously mentioned categories...

IP - 2nd
K - 3rd
CG - 1st
Shutouts - T-1st
ERA - 17th

I agree that the Royals gave up a lot in the trade, and I hate to see Wil Myers go, but this trade makes the Royals a hell of a lot better. We are legit contenders in the AL Central, which is something that couldn't be said just 24 hours ago. Fact of the matter is, the Royals' brass said at the beginning of the offseason that their goal was to improve the starting rotation. They've gone out and gotten James Shield, Ervin Santana, and Wade Davis through trades, and signed Jeremy Guthrie. The front office is showing some initiative and trying to put forth a winner. This is the big move the Royals needed to make. Now, it's time for the Chiefs to make their big move (QB).

+1

I'm with Wolfie on this one.
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forgot to mention that Shields was putting up those numbers against the likes of the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Orioles (some of the best offenses in baseball).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The article in the Star sums up the feeling that I think RVM is feeling. Fact is, Royals fans have been conditioned for our whole generation into hoping for the future.

That promised future has never come. I give them props for doing SOMETHING to make that happen. I'm not a baseball guy, and my faith is pretty much nonexistant given their history in my lifetime in trying to do anything other than losing, but if the Chiefs did something like this last year at QB I'd have been excited.
Mikek163

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Forgot to mention that Shields was putting up those numbers against the likes of the Yankees, Red Sox, Blue Jays, and Orioles (some of the best offenses in baseball).

The best offenses in baseball yes. I know how you guys are feeling with Shields right now because of what you gave up, but trust me, he is a GREAT pitcher. He will be a monster with eating up innings too.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

KCWolf1 wrote:
Rearviewmirror wrote:

IP - 2nd
K - 3rd
CG - 1st
Shutouts - T-1st
ERA - 17th

Vintage Wolfie, always good to see.

In fact, I'm not sure he's better than our very own London Fletcher.[/quote]
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
KCWolf1 wrote:

The best offenses in baseball yes. I know how you guys are feeling with Shields right now because of what you gave up, but trust me, he is a GREAT pitcher. He will be a monster with eating up innings too.

I'm not sure if you misunderstood the point of my post or if I'm just reading yours wrong, but I like the trade. I was saying that the fact that Shields put up those Greinke-like numbers against the best offenses in baseball makes what he did even more impressive.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guys. At least we dont have Mark Sanchez on the team! LMAO!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In reference to Nicfre's 2013 epic:

My gf was peaking at the fourum (while giving me a massage, its okay to be gealous) and at the sight of Brandon Jenkins she exclaimed, "Is he a beaver?!"

lmao. Classic.

Didn't want to muck up your post with this silly thing.
Arrowhead86

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

starbarkc wrote:

My gf was peaking at the fourum (while giving me a massage, its okay to be gealous) and at the sight of Brandon Jenkins she exclaimed, "Is he a beaver?!"

lmao. Classic.

Nurturing and funny, she's a keeper dude! I refuse to be "gealous" though if only for having no clue what that word means! Razz Must be a Texas thing.
2014 Adopt-A-Chief: #29 Eric Berry, S
Stats: Irrelevant Status: Chief family for life!
Get well soon EB29!!
starbarkc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrowhead86 wrote:
starbarkc wrote:

lmao. Classic.

Nurturing and funny, she's a keeper dude! I refuse to be "gealous" though if only for having no clue what that word means! Razz Must be a Texas thing.

For sure, my spellings haz gotten worser since moving down here. More root'n and toot'n though...
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like Tom Heckert is out from Cleveland on black Monday.

I will be pulling for you guys to get him.

We for the most part love him in the Browns forum.

He has had really nice drafts. Has not been able to find a QB but they just weren't there when we were picking. McCoy and Weeden were Holmgren jumping in and making picks.

Now as for our current head coach. He wont get touched by anyone.

Hope to see you guys in the AFC championship game in 2-4 years time.

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
Mikek163

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Location: ^^Tamba waiting on his next feast in the Avy Ryk on the sig
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

random RVM desires for this draft
1. Tyler Wilson
2. Arthur Brown
3. Marcus Lattimore
4. Stedman Bailey
5. Collin Klein
6. Chris Harper especially if we don't re-sign Bowe
7. Meshak Williams. Backup OLB/Special Teams

les paul wrote:
There's only one thing that determines a teams performance on any given sunday
Their opponent-
KCWolf1

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rearviewmirror wrote:
random RVM desires for this draft
1. Tyler Wilson
2. Arthur Brown
3. Marcus Lattimore
4. Stedman Bailey
5. Collin Klein
6. Chris Harper especially if we don't re-sign Bowe
7. Meshak Williams. Backup OLB/Special Teams

K-State much? Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 57, 58, 59 ... 72, 73, 74  Next
Page 58 of 74

Jump to: