Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Sam Baker
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoosh

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Free Lamar. But seriously, I like the kid. He's got some potential and that is why Dimitroff and company picked him up in the third round. Who knows if he'll put it all together, but I'm hoping he earns an opportunity to start. Not a fan of throwing the big bucks at Long personally, but I wouldn't complain. I'd personally improve the interior offensive line first. Let's get some sort of running game.

getting Long could move Konz inside to C by letting Big Lamar play on the right. would also give us the biggest line in the NFL.
Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

That's a huge line. averaging over 325 yards per player and all 6'4" or taller.

I like the idea of moving Clabo to RG. I just don't think it's something the staff would do.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Holmes as a G?

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:

bad fit. very athletic and active player. he's a better fit for outside then inside.

Dirty Bird Watch: DL Jonathan Babineaux
GrimeyKid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:
Free Lamar. But seriously, I like the kid. He's got some potential and that is why Dimitroff and company picked him up in the third round. Who knows if he'll put it all together, but I'm hoping he earns an opportunity to start. Not a fan of throwing the big bucks at Long personally, but I wouldn't complain. I'd personally improve the interior offensive line first. Let's get some sort of running game.

getting Long could move Konz inside to C by letting Big Lamar play on the right. would also give us the biggest line in the NFL.
Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

I like the idea of moving Clabo to RG. I just don't think it's something the staff would do.

I honestly havent seen Clabo play rg since playing nfl head coach

2012 Adopt-A-Falcon

Jacquizz Rodgers #32
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GrimeyKid wrote:
swoosh wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

I honestly havent seen Clabo play rg since playing nfl head coach

he played it under the old regime.

adam9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

bad fit. very athletic and active player. he's a better fit for outside then inside.

I thought he would be our future LT. Obviously if we got Long that would change though. I got you Cool

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

I thought he would be our future LT. Obviously if we got Long that would change though. I got you Cool

If you have a RT and a LT who can pass block anyone, it would be great. the interior of the OL would be able to contribute much better than they do now because htey wouldn't have to worry about the edges.

adam9

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:
scar988 wrote:
adam9 wrote:

If you have a RT and a LT who can pass block anyone, it would be great. the interior of the OL would be able to contribute much better than they do now because htey wouldn't have to worry about the edges.

If we had the lineup you posted earlier I could see our OL being top 5 Cool

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could accept Long as an upgrade over Baker. No need to pay the kid Starting left tackle prices when he can get replaced by the likes of Svitek or even Holmes eventually. I'm also all for Clabo moving inside where he really belongs and getting someone on the outside who would actually hold his own against the decent ends. i'm personally tired of seeing the edge get blown up by the decent rushers.

On another note, there're a few FA linemen who could seriously upgrade the line without the need of moving guys around too much, which is good in a draft class that doesn't seem to have a real shiny line base.
Patro14

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Damn it, gigaman! Long time no see.

How's your job as a scout treating you?
mjmiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

instead of Holmes playin at RT, what about Svitek playing there?
scar988

FF Fanatic
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mjmiller wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

going by who is currently under contract and who is currently on the roster. Why re-sign Svitek or Baker if you bring in Long, have depth at RT in Clabo and have good depth at other OL spots in Mike Johnson and Joe Hawley?

mjmiller

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scar988 wrote:
mjmiller wrote:
scar988 wrote:
swoosh wrote:

Long - 6'7" 320
Blalock - 6'4" 335
Konz - 6'5" 315
Clabo - 6'6" 335
Holmes - 6'6" 335

going by who is currently under contract and who is currently on the roster. Why re-sign Svitek or Baker if you bring in Long, have depth at RT in Clabo and have good depth at other OL spots in Mike Johnson and Joe Hawley?

i just think Svitek would be a better fit at RT right now than Holmes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: