Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Draft Prospects to keep an eye on
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:

Reminds me of when we had Cadillac and ppl said "we don't need Peterson". Sounds familiar? Yea we filled a 'need' and AD is a hall of a famer. Te'o is the best player in the country.
I'm sorry DRD he cannot be passed on. Too good.
Fact of the matter is, a star linebacker will not help this dreadful pass defense. Swallow your Te'o love and admit he is not the answer for the defense. We need secondary help and defensive line depth before I even think about touching Foster; who is having a damn near close to an All-Pro season.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
bucsEST96 wrote:

Reminds me of when we had Cadillac and ppl said "we don't need Peterson". Sounds familiar? Yea we filled a 'need' and AD is a hall of a famer. Te'o is the best player in the country.
I'm sorry DRD he cannot be passed on. Too good.
Fact of the matter is, a star linebacker will not help this dreadful pass defense. Swallow your Te'o love and admit he is not the answer for the defense. We need secondary help and defensive line depth before I even think about touching Foster; who is having a damn near close to an All-Pro season.

Yep Agreed. Teo is a great talent and prospect no doubt but Foster and David have been lights out. Foster should be a pro bowler this year but its the lac of recognition in Tampa that will hinder that.

How do you tell a guy who's been dominate at MLB and then move him outside ad take away snaps?

Bucest, it's one thing to take a elite rb and have a 2 back system. Then there's another thing sitting a great lb and limiting snaps.
indifference

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/futures/2012/futures-alabama-cb-dee-milliner

Good read, but I'm becoming weary of Alabama defensive products.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

Great stuff. Really good, in depth read. They also have done reports like these on Amerson and Rhodes. Haven't read the Amerson report, but the Rhodes report is pretty spot on.

I don't think that Milliner is better in run support than Rhodes, but outside of that I couldn't really argue with anything said about Dee. Very good prospect with a polished skill-set.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
ravishingone

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Great stuff. Really good, in depth read. They also have done reports like these on Amerson and Rhodes. Haven't read the Amerson report, but the Rhodes report is pretty spot on.

I don't think that Milliner is better in run support than Rhodes, but outside of that I couldn't really argue with anything said about Dee. Very good prospect with a polished skill-set.

Just my opinion, but Rhodes reminds me a lot like Talib when he was at KU. Pretty sure the character issues won't be there, both have the physical tools and are willing tacklers, which is a must on this team. If you can't tackle at CB, I'm pretty sure this regime really has no interest in drafting such a player.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I've watched more of dee milliner I'm not as impressed with his play where most scouts have him as a top 8 prospect overall and number 1 cb.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Just my opinion, but Rhodes reminds me a lot like Talib when he was at KU. Pretty sure the character issues won't be there, both have the physical tools and are willing tacklers, which is a must on this team. If you can't tackle at CB, I'm pretty sure this regime really has no interest in drafting such a player.

I don't remember who I was talking to about this, but this is the exact comparison that comes to mind for me as well. Rangy corner with great ball skills that is willing to stick his nose in the run game.

Luckily there are no character issues with Rhodes.

REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

I don't remember who I was talking to about this, but this is the exact comparison that comes to mind for me as well. Rangy corner with great ball skills that is willing to stick his nose in the run game.

Ehh I really see no comparison at all between Rhodes and Talib. Rhodes doesn't seem to gamble as much as he is very good in coverage and doesn't seem to give up many big plays. Better tackler and more physical at the LOS. He's somewhat similar to a blend of Asmougah and Patrick Peterson. Not sure if he'll be as good but similar playing styles.
Soul Glo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
indifference wrote:

Ehh I really see no comparison at all between Rhodes and Talib. Rhodes doesn't seem to gamble as much as he is very good in coverage and doesn't seem to give up many big plays. Better tackler and more physical at the LOS. He's somewhat similar to a blend of Asmougah and Patrick Peterson. Not sure if he'll be as good but similar playing styles.

I somewhat see it, to guys who are extremely fluid for bigger corners. I think Talib's more of a risk-taker in coverage while Rhodes is more disciplined.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anthony Barr OLB UCLA JR**

Just recently switched to defense this past off-season and he's led the PAC 12 with 13.5 sacks. Speed rusher off the edge and has really impressed me. 6'4 240 lbs. He'd be an excellent addition in pass rush situations, somewhat similar to a Bruce Irvin, although I'm not sure if many teams would pull the trigger on him in round 1, especially since he's extremely new to the position. More of a 2nd round flyer.
floppyflaps

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rhodes more than Banks, who most mock drafts have as our pick.

Rhodes has better strength and gets thrown at a lot less.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lattimore declared. Would you guys be willing to take a chance on him late?

BBando

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Yes. 6th round maybe 5th. Blount is gone.

garbage
canadabuccaneer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Depends on how his knee has recovered. I could see him being picked up as UDFA or a 7th rounder. Any earlier than that doesn't seem worth it.

#EmbraceTheSuck
RoeKG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

I would.

Unless we lose out (not impossible) I really doubt we have a chance at Rhodes. We should all get comfortable with the idea of not having Rhodes for now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: