Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

How long does Locker have?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to stop hiding our own Tom Brady on the inactive list. Give me the Rusty hook!
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If for some reason Locker gets injured again, I better see Rusty out there and not Hasslebeck.
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FootballProdiG wrote:
If for some reason Locker gets injured again, I better see Rusty out there and not Hasslebeck.

Laughing

I know it's the popular thing to exaggerate how Hasselbeck played, but there's no way one can logically believe Smith would be better.

At least Hasselbeck has shown the ability to come through in the clutch
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamikazepants wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Laughing

I know it's the popular thing to exaggerate how Hasselbeck played, but there's no way one can logically believe Smith would be better.

Confused Don't think anyone is saying he's better than Hass, but we absolutely need to know what we have at the position with Smith. Besides, Hass won't be around much longer.
kamikazepants

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
kamikazepants wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Laughing

Confused Don't think anyone is saying he's better than Hass, but we absolutely need to know what we have at the position with Smith. Besides, Hass won't be around much longer.

Certainly can't speak for the coaching staff, but the game against that dreadful Houston defense in 2010 said it all for me.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamikazepants wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
kamikazepants wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Laughing

Certainly can't speak for the coaching staff, but the game against that dreadful Houston defense in 2010 said it all for me.

He was a 6th(if I remember right) round rookie out of FAU thrown in to the fire.

Just watching him in pre-season(I know), it's obvious he's gotten at least a little better. Wouldn't hurt, if Jake does get hurt, to find out what he's made of after being able to sit and learn for a while.
s_camp

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kamikazepants wrote:
titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
kamikazepants wrote:
FootballProdiG wrote:

Laughing

Well there ya have it. A 6th round rookie from a Sunbelt school on a team that's falling apart had a bad game on the road. Obviously dude can't do anything.
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

so.....
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
so.....

So what?

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
titanprodigy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ttitansfan4life wrote:
titanprodigy wrote:
so.....

So what?

I personally believe Locker did not look good yesterday. The fact that we barely beat the Jets after Mark Sanchez's meltdown is embarrassing.
lamont

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titanprodigy wrote:
ttitansfan4life wrote:
titanprodigy wrote:
so.....

So what?

I personally believe Locker did not look good yesterday. The fact that we barely beat the Jets after Mark Sanchez's meltdown is embarrassing.

Could it be the fact that the Titans do not have a WR that can create separation right now? Britt is not 100%, Nate is a seam WR and Wright is a move the chains guy. Or maybe it is the fact the OL was not great in the beginning of the season and is a shambles right now? It's not like Locker has time to sit in the pocket and go thru his progressions.

Locker and every coach's dream have to dance in the backfield like they are on Dancing with the stars on every play. Give Locker a quality OL and I bet his play improves. The run game will in turn open up for CJ and make the defense more honest, so Locker can actually sit in the pocket and not run after his 1st read. Rolling Eyes

**The #1 reason the Titans are my favorite team is #9. -- R.I.P Steve "Air" McNair**
Shout out to NS922 on da sig
TitanSlim

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll just say what I put in the GDT.

Give Locker a full offseason with Loggins and knowing that he's coming in as the starter. At this point, it's just too short of a sample size for me to be overly concern. For example, here are some stats from the first 9 games as the starter for a few great QBS (I included Jake Locker for comparison sake).

John Elway-1386 yards, 6 TDs, 10 INT, 45.4 completion% (4-5 record)
Steve McNair-1605 yards, 10 TDs, 8 INT, 53.8 completion%(4-5 record)
Eli Manning-1314 yards, 9 TDs, 11 INT, 51.5 completion% (3-6 record)
Drew Brees-1663 yards, 10 TDs, 10 INT, 62.2 completion% (6-3 record)
Donovan McNabb-1244 yards,10 TDS, 9 INT, 51.2 completion%(3-6 record)
Jake Locker-1884 yards,9 TDS, 9 INT, 57.6 completion%(3-6 record)

Locker compares favorably with these guys. I'm not saying he'll become as good as them (heck, he could be the next David Carr, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington,ect.) but as I said before it's too early for me to be concerned about him. At this point you can't determine if this is just the growing pains of being a young QB or if he's just not an NFL caliber starting QB.

Zach Brown-Injured (Out for Year)
Taylor Thompson-2 rec, 24 yards, 0 TDs

Joined Deshaun Watson bandwagon-9/27/14
VY

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lamont wrote:
Could it be the fact that the Titans do not have a WR that can create separation right now? Britt is not 100%, Nate is a seam WR and Wright is a move the chains guy. Or maybe it is the fact the OL was not great in the beginning of the season and is a shambles right now? It's not like Locker has time to sit in the pocket and go thru his progressions.

I'm not buying the WR argument one bit. We've never had a unit from WR's 1-5 this good since they've been in TN. I don't know what kind of separation you need, but the best can feed their guys even when they're draped in coverage. I don't know that that will ever be Jake's thing.

I'm not going to lay this all at Locker's feet, but I'd think the line is more of the issue than the WR's.
seminoles1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSlim wrote:

Give Locker a full offseason with Loggins and knowing that he's coming in as the starter. At this point, it's just too short of a sample size for me to be overly concern. For example, here are some stats from the first 9 games as the starter for a few great QBS (I included Jake Locker for comparison sake).

Locker compares favorably with these guys. I'm not saying he'll become as good as them (heck, he could be the next David Carr, Kyle Boller, Joey Harrington,ect.) but as I said before it's too early for me to be concerned about him. At this point you can't determine if this is just the growing pains of being a young QB or if he's just not an NFL caliber starting QB.
Completely different eras (excluding Manning, who isn't even a good regular season QB and has been lucky to even make the playoffs the 2 years they won the Super Bowl).

Look at the good QBs that didn't start playing until after 2004: Rodgers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo, Schaub, Manning, and Flacco. He compares with those last 3, but not the first few. And lets not forget the rookie and 2nd year QBs who have already shown more than Locker in Newton, Dalton, Kaepernick, RG3, and Wilson. He's muddled in with Luck, Weeden, and Tannehill. The only young QBs you can argue he's outplayed are Gabbert, Ponder, and Foles.

In this day and age you want to see more out of your young QB early on than Locker has shown. There are obviously players who greatly improved, like Josh Freeman, but you still expect more even this early.

To give anything less than your best is to sacrifice the gift-Steve Prefontaine

The future is not set. There is no fate but what we make for ourselves.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seminoles1 wrote:
TitanSlim wrote:

Completely different eras (excluding Manning, who isn't even a good regular season QB and has been lucky to even make the playoffs the 2 years they won the Super Bowl).

Look at the good QBs that didn't start playing until after 2004: Rodgers, Ryan, Roethlisberger, Rivers, Romo, Schaub, Manning, and Flacco. He compares with those last 3, but not the first few. And lets not forget the rookie and 2nd year QBs who have already shown more than Locker in Newton, Dalton, Kaepernick, RG3, and Wilson. He's muddled in with Luck, Weeden, and Tannehill. The only young QBs you can argue he's outplayed are Gabbert, Ponder, and Foles.

In this day and age you want to see more out of your young QB early on than Locker has shown. There are obviously players who greatly improved, like Josh Freeman, but you still expect more even this early.

If you are saying you would take Newton, Dalton, Weeden, Tannehill, and Kaepernick then you obviously only watch highlights and look at stat sheets. Luck, RGIII, and Wilson are the only ones you could argue have really looked better than him and Luck leads the league in INTs, RGIII is going to be consistently injured his entire career, and Wilson has an amazing defense and a consistent running game to take the pressure off.
Kaepernick looks good on paper, but having watched three of his games I'm not sold on him. Look at what Alex Smith's stats were on the niners, you can't go by paper when talking about QBs.

Give Jake a consistent running game, and I mean consistent not 90 yards on one carry and 10 on 13 other carries and call it a 100 yard game, to where he is put in less 2nd and 3rd and long situations, and a little better pass protection and I think he will be fine. He still has an accuracy issue with overthrowing wide receivers, but as analysts have said that tends to go away when he's on a roll and not trying to do so much. The accuracy does worry me, but I do think it's something he will be able to overcome.

And all the hate for Hasselbeck... is hate from ignorant bias. He put us in positions to win games and there was so much hate on here saying.. well if Jake was in those games "I feel" we would have won by a lot and not had to fight so hard at the end and blah blah blah. You're just wrong. Locker has tremendous talent but that talent is far from refined and we'd be in the same position if he started all 16 games this season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7

Jump to: