Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 College prospects thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 81, 82, 83  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Watched the WISC/NEB game and Montee Ball looked really good...If he's there in the 4th rd area I'd jump at him, he's a complete back that can do it all.
bobdevine

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Has anyone watched Latavious Murray?

Murray has been a sleeper. He had a hurt shoulder early this year so he didn't get any stats. But now that's he is playing again and doing very well, he won't be a sleeper any more.

If he is available in the late rounds of the draft, he'd be a good pick. He doesn't have prototypical size for a RB but he could show that runners don't have to be under 6-foot.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 2:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Murray has been a sleeper. He had a hurt shoulder early this year so he didn't get any stats. But now that's he is playing again and doing very well, he won't be a sleeper any more.

If he is available in the late rounds of the draft, he'd be a good pick. He doesn't have prototypical size for a RB but he could show that runners don't have to be under 6-foot.

After watching him a bit more, I am a bit concerned that he is only a one cut player.

I dont see any true #1 RB's in this years draft. I believe that a guy like Jonathan Franklin with our late 4th round would be a better deal than Stepfan Taylor or Gillislee in the 2nd.
JackedUP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BroncosFan2010 wrote:
Quote:

After watching him a bit more, I am a bit concerned that he is only a one cut player.

I dont see any true #1 RB's in this years draft. I believe that a guy like Jonathan Franklin with our late 4th round would be a better deal than Stepfan Taylor or Gillislee in the 2nd.

I don't see any reason to use a high pick on a RB when there are a lot of quality guys still there in the mid to late rounds..Unless the guy is named Adrian Peterson stick with a quality rotation at RB by picking later guys and using 3-4 of them. Seems like the way to go nowadays.
roar2014

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A safety that has intrigued me is Kenny Vacarro. With our team selecting BPA regardless of position I think he is a possible pick up.
jonnyj20

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marcus Lattimore will enter the draft so who will take him and where will he go?
He will likely miss his entire rookie year while rehabbing.
So do you think he goes before the 4th round?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnyj20 wrote:
Marcus Lattimore will enter the draft so who will take him and where will he go?

I can see anywhere between 3 and 6. Some team will pay for him to rehab with their team. Most likely will be a team that is on the upswing with a veteran coach. Hes got tons of skills but that is one of the worst injuries ever. His entire knee was blown up.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

I can see anywhere between 3 and 6. Some team will pay for him to rehab with their team. Most likely will be a team that is on the upswing with a veteran coach. Hes got tons of skills but that is one of the worst injuries ever. His entire knee was blown up.
He'll have to go the Willis route and sit for a year maybe even a year and a half.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

He'll have to go the Willis route and sit for a year maybe even a year and a half.

If he hits the UDFA market I wouldn't be surprised if we took a look. Who better to mentor him through this than McGahee. McGahee would likely give us the upper hand in signing him, as well.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

If he hits the UDFA market I wouldn't be surprised if we took a look. Who better to mentor him through this than McGahee. McGahee would likely give us the upper hand in signing him, as well.
If he even makes it to the 7th I'd gladly take a chance on him. Someone could take a chance on him in the 1st since Buffalo did with McGahee and that was 10 years ago, knee surgery has come a long way since then.

It wasn't even long ago that ACL surgery was a career ending injury(TD, Jamal Anderson).

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncosfan07 wrote:
elliot878 wrote:
broncosfan07 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
jonnyj20 wrote:

If he even makes it to the 7th I'd gladly take a chance on him. Someone could take a chance on him in the 1st since Buffalo did with McGahee and that was 10 years ago, knee surgery has come a long way since then.

It wasn't even long ago that ACL surgery was a career ending injury(TD, Jamal Anderson).

Thing about Lattimore is this isn't the first awful knee injury he's suffered. McGahee's injury was terrible, but I don't remember him having a bad one before that in college like Lattimore did.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ohio State defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins just declared that he'll enter the draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ohio-state-defensive-tackle-johnathan-hankins-says-hell-leave-early-to-be-taken-in-nfl-draft/2012/12/10/1cefc21c-4302-11e2-8c8f-fbebf7ccab4e_story.html

Hankins would be a good pick for the Broncos, but, he'll probably be taken before the Broncos spot. He looks likely to be picked in the top-20.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really like Lattimore and a healthy Lattimore would be a great fit for Denver, IMO.

However, the guy has always ran too upright for a tall RB and combining that with South Carolina running him into the ground and you have a guy that has already taken a beating.

Still, 4th round or later i would probably give him a shot depending who else is on the board.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bobdevine wrote:
Ohio State defensive tackle Johnathan Hankins just declared that he'll enter the draft.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/colleges/ohio-state-defensive-tackle-johnathan-hankins-says-hell-leave-early-to-be-taken-in-nfl-draft/2012/12/10/1cefc21c-4302-11e2-8c8f-fbebf7ccab4e_story.html

Hankins would be a good pick for the Broncos, but, he'll probably be taken before the Broncos spot. He looks likely to be picked in the top-20.

I'd rsther we spend our #1 on a Matt Elam on the defensive side or Barrett Jones on the offensive. I don't think a bottom 1st DT would have much of an effect on the team.
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
bobdevine wrote:

I'd rsther we spend our #1 on a Matt Elam on the defensive side or Barrett Jones on the offensive. I don't think a bottom 1st DT would have much of an effect on the team.

I am going to address a few things here.

1. I saw Hankins twice early in the college season and was really impressed. Big/Athletic and he played with a great motor. He did a terrific job working down the LOS as well and eliminating cutback lanes, a few times he was taking 2 blockers with him and opposing RB's didn't have a chance. However, i haven't seen him since and i have been reading that he has been inconsistent and lacking in effort....and his stock as taken a decent hit because of it.

2. I pretty well agree with you on a DT late in the draft AKRNA. I mean, it all depends on who is there, but say its a guy like Sharrif Floyd. I really like Floyd, i thought he was impressive in the Georgia game when i watched him. Though, i don't think he will be a huge impact early and needs development. Overall, DT's scare me. Facing the interior of a college OL and an NFL OL aside from QB may be the biggest jump in football.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 81, 82, 83  Next
Page 20 of 83

Jump to: