Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 Free Agent wishlist...
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
howie102

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to see a couple of mid-tier signings, for sure. The difference this year should really be what constitutes a "mid-tier" signing.

While there's no-doubt that FAs invariably follow the money - see Williams, Mario - there are instances where its all about the situation - see Manning, Peyton. Clearly there's something exciting going on up in Dove Valley, and if we can continue with having a fair crack at the SB this year, do you think there's any chance of players taking a bit of a discount to be part of a setup that is, quite possibly/probably, a piece or two away from being a legit Superbowl favourite?
AKRNA

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Seriously, the job John Elway has done running this team gets over-looked; he has been nothing short of absolutely outstanding. .

Couldn't agree more. With John running things I think we're solidly back in the mix of elite franchises. He's done a fantastic job.

His ultra-competitive spirit should make us perennial contenders.
Mile High

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Seriously, the job John Elway has done running this team gets over-looked; he has been nothing short of absolutely outstanding. .

Couldn't agree more. With John running things I think we're solidly back in the mix of elite franchises. He's done a fantastic job.

I don't want to make rash judgements. We easily could be bad/out of the playoffs if you take away Manning. Elway did well in getting Manning.

The rest of the success could easily be because of the Manning addition.

Don't get me wrong I am not against Elway, I'm just going to withhold my evaluation of him and his ability to make us perennial contenders. Let's see what happens sans-Peyton

Jamison. mad props on this amazing Sig!!!
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

roar2014 wrote:
ToastedOats wrote:
What about trading for a player who is clearly unhappy and a team that has lost 9 straight? It will cost draft picks, but would be an outstanding team player.

Are you talking about Darnell Docket?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

i hope not. people on here think dj is bad? i follow docket on instagram. dj is a saint compared to that guy.
JRebar913

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

howie102 wrote:
I'd like to see a couple of mid-tier signings, for sure. The difference this year should really be what constitutes a "mid-tier" signing.

While there's no-doubt that FAs invariably follow the money - see Williams, Mario - there are instances where its all about the situation - see Manning, Peyton. Clearly there's something exciting going on up in Dove Valley, and if we can continue with having a fair crack at the SB this year, do you think there's any chance of players taking a bit of a discount to be part of a setup that is, quite possibly/probably, a piece or two away from being a legit Superbowl favourite?

thats when you find out about someone. you hear it all the time, these free agents get big contracts and say they came to that team to win. (mario williams).
germ-x

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

Completely agree with you both and i was hard on Elway at the beginning.

If you look at draft/FA additions he has hit a homerun in both of his first two seasons.

2011- Von Miller- the guy is one of the best defenders in the league.
2012- Peyton Manning- Manning is playing at an elite level and statistically he will post better marks than he did in 2009, where he was NFL MVP.

To go along with all of that he has also added other good starters and role players, but i am not going to name all of them off.
brassglobos

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I don't want to make rash judgements. We easily could be bad/out of the playoffs if you take away Manning. Elway did well in getting Manning.

Don't get me wrong I am not against Elway, I'm just going to withhold my evaluation of him and his ability to make us perennial contenders. Let's see what happens sans-Peyton

You can look at what's he done besides Peyton and tell that he's done a good job.

Drafts have been fairly solid. Taking Von over that DT when the consensus was we needed a DT.

Bringing in guys like Koppen, Holiday. Signing Porter this offseason.

It seems like, for the most part, everything/everybody Elway has brought in has contributed to the team and not caused any distractions/haven't panned out.

One of the only unknowns right now is Brock Osweiler.

And we won a playoff game with Tebow last year. I think this is team before this year and now is back on it's way to the form it once was.
On Tuesday, August 20, 2013 at 5:15 pm, simonwayne wrote:
Chiefs are taking this division. Mark my words fellas

On Wednesday, August 21, 2013 at 2:57 pm, simonwayne wrote:
I wouldn't be surprised to see KC 2-0 Denver this year
Reggie Nelson#1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Steven Jackson! ... but only for the right price... oh well...
On Sun Oct 20, 2013 11:41 pm, AnAngryAmerican wrote:
This team won't win a Super Bowl with Peyton Manning.
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

brassglobos wrote:
Mile High wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

You can look at what's he done besides Peyton and tell that he's done a good job.

Drafts have been fairly solid. Taking Von over that DT when the consensus was we needed a DT.

Bringing in guys like Koppen, Holiday. Signing Porter this offseason.

It seems like, for the most part, everything/everybody Elway has brought in has contributed to the team and not caused any distractions/haven't panned out.

One of the only unknowns right now is Brock Osweiler.

And we won a playoff game with Tebow last year. I think this is team before this year and now is back on it's way to the form it once was.

The two fair points of criticism are Osweiler and Ty Warren.

Osweiler because he's wasn't pro-ready so the "if Peyton gets hurt...." argument is null and void and because we spent a premium pick on a player who, if things go according to plan, won't see the field for the duration of his rookie contract. We had other needs and, while I see a lot of things in Osweiler I like, I don't think he was that special, can't-miss prospect when we could have used the pick to supplement our team with an instant-impact player.

Ty Warren because, well, he never played. Why Elway (and Mac's hold-overs in the personnel department) thought it was a good idea to sign another New England cast-off is beyond comprehension. He was injured, inexpensive and over-the-hill. We could have done better IMO.

A borderline questionable move would be signing Justin Bannan. You'll never hear it from the Denver media because he is such a nice guy and, more importantly, he's a CU alumn, but Bannan is not a very good player. I only suppose he keeps his role on the team because of Fox's preference for veterans.

Other than those two moves - which, when in looked at in the grand scheme appear to have not set back the team - Elway has been great.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
elwayfan07

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are a couple of players I think would be good to see

OG Andy Levitre- Buf has a couple of players it needs to resign so Levitre could be on the market. He would really solidify the OL

DE MIchael Johnson- He isn't a top-flight pass rusher but he can get pressure. He can play at the LDE spot and really add yet another dimension to the pass rush

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd be on board with Michael Johnson.

I have question though:

Which DTs are affordable and upgrades over Bannan in next year's FA? I really like Starks but I am sure the Phins intend to keep him. Knighton I don't know much about, but perhaps the Jags ties of JDR could lure him to us... along with the PFM factor Wink Anybody else at DT?

WELTMEISTER 2014 * * * *
by Joe_is_the_best
Winder23

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mile High wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
AnAngryAmerican wrote:

I disagree. His job is to get good players. Manning arguably the greatest is avaialable and Elway gets him. That is credit due to John Elway. Anything Manning achieves is credit due to John for making it happen.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, to be fair AAA, injuries can derail any FQ signings, Porter just as much as Warren. Ty was a high risk/high rewards based upon our need at the position.

Osweiller is still a big question in my mind though. Not to say I am unhappy with him, we really haven't got to see what he's got. That being said, we moved back from the 25th pick to get BO where we could have had Hightower or Martin and probably still got Wolfe later on with our pick in the 2nd, so I hope Elway knows what he was doing there. I would have really liked to see Hightower and Wolfe together on this D and drafted a qb in this up coming draft.

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.
BroncosFan2010

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This relates to this thread a bit...

How much does everyone think that Trindon Holliday will get paid this off season? I would love to have him back in Denver, but I can see a struggling team offering him a big more $$$ than we are comfortable with. I hope not. He is straight up electric, and this team really lacks play makers overall.
Cutler06

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about any of these guys, all on IR ? Do they change/alter your wish lists ? How about your draft wish list ? Always kinda forgotten reserves....

DE Jeremy Beal,
C/G Philip Blake,
S Quinton Carter,
RB Marion Fannin
DE Jason Hunter

Jakuvious wrote:
KC's pass rush is fast. Manning's decision making is faster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: