Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 15: VIKINGS (7-6) vs. Rams (6-6-1)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
Btw We'll be playing vs Ponder?????

Dinks and Dunks here we come baby!!

with us, it's typically dinks, dunks, drops, and doofuses.

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
El ramster wrote:
Btw We'll be playing vs Ponder?????

Dinks and Dunks here we come baby!!

with us, it's typically dinks, dunks, drops, and doofuses.

You forgot Chad Greenway's favorite...

drunks.
jrry32

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
I am not optimistic about this game. The Rams are playing really well right now.

I expect the Vikings to lose the turnover battle and to continue to struggle in the passing game.

Sad

I wouldn't go that far. The Rams can't put a complete game together. The defense plays extremely well or the offense plays well. Or like today, the defense shuts down the opposing offense except for the rare stretch when the offense plays well. Laughing

Our DL has been wreaking havoc of late especially on the inside. Brockers and Langford have really shut down the interior running lanes. We're still somewhat vulnerable to outside runs. Our CBs play way too far off WRs. It's my hope that we'll challenge Minnesota because Ponder and your O don't excel at going down the field.

Offensively, every single unit including Sam Bradford are inconsistent. They seem to play better at home but you never know what you'll get from them. The one good thing is that Bradford has really come through late in games this year.

The LBC wrote:
Harper41 wrote:
Don't worry. Sean Payton would pass the ball in a Tornado.

But would he do it in a Sharknado?
RamForLife81-39

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really sure what to expect in this one. It really depends what rams team decides to show up. In the last 4 weeks the rams have to play Gore, Fred jackson and CJ spiller, AP, and marshawn lynch. As of right now they have done a great job with Gore and Bills running backs. AP is better than all of them and he is having an MVP season. If the rams can stop him, I think they win. if not, i think its over for us. Also, having amendola back (hopefuly) will be huge for the rams. Bradford seems to have much more confidence.

With all that said, the rams are home and for some reason play way better there. It will be a close game and i wont give a prediction only because of my supersticious ways lol

Tavon Austin
39 catches-- 409 yards---4TD
8carries----- 95yards-----1TD
32PR---------279yards----1TD
14KR---------303yards
1,086 All Purpose Yards 6 TD
SteelKing728

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling Janoris Jenkins is going to have one hell of a day next week.

Where you at Greg Childs?

Bright and Happy days are coming to the Minnesota Vikings very soon.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:
I have a bad feeling Janoris Jenkins is going to have one hell of a day next week.

Greg Childs? How about any one of the WRs on the team who are currently healthy who can physically play.
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SteelKing728 wrote:

We'd have to throw the ball for that to happen.
byuvike88

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frazier said that the team would most likely sign another player to fill the 53rd spot on the roster, hopefully they sign another receiver. I know we aren't going to find a pro bowler out there, but Frazier has to realize that the passing game isn't moving forward and since the bye Ponder hasn't thrown for over 160 yards. Hopefully signing a new receiver will provide somewhat of a spark
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

byuvike88 wrote:
Frazier said that the team would most likely sign another player to fill the 53rd spot on the roster, hopefully they sign another receiver. I know we aren't going to find a pro bowler out there, but Frazier has to realize that the passing game isn't moving forward and since the bye Ponder hasn't thrown for over 160 yards. Hopefully signing a new receiver will provide somewhat of a spark

Doubtful, any WR brought in would probably be behind Burton on the depth chart and there really isnt much time in the year to pickup the offense. Id try and find a young developmental player from a practice squad somewhere for preparation towards next year. Otherwise, anyone signed now probably wont be a contributor in 2012.
milanb

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jrry32 wrote:
milanb wrote:
I am not optimistic about this game. The Rams are playing really well right now.

I expect the Vikings to lose the turnover battle and to continue to struggle in the passing game.

Sad

I wouldn't go that far. The Rams can't put a complete game together. The defense plays extremely well or the offense plays well. Or like today, the defense shuts down the opposing offense except for the rare stretch when the offense plays well. Laughing

I was saying this from an an outsider's perspective.

This is the best I've seen the Rams look in years.

They are not a pushover team, and the Vikings have not played well on the road all season.

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Ramsfan28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If there has been a trend as of late, the Rams are becoming the Cardiac team. Most games this season have been VERY down to the wire. So if anything, expect a good game.

Adopt-a-Ram
CB Janoris Jenkins
9 TKL, 1 FF

ViolentMonk71 wrote:

We're football fans...reactionary, delusional, and passionate...
rpmwr19

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

Greg Childs? How about any one of the WRs on the team who are currently healthy who can physically play.

I think he brought up Childs because he abused Jenkins in college when guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones really didn't.
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rpmwr19 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
SteelKing728 wrote:

I think he brought up Childs because he abused Jenkins in college when guys like AJ Green and Julio Jones really didn't.

Got it, I kind of thought he was referring to something. otherwise bringing up Childs name wouldnt make much sense right now.
HighHopes

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RamForLife81-39 wrote:
Not really sure what to expect in this one. It really depends what rams team decides to show up. In the last 4 weeks the rams have to play Gore, Fred jackson and CJ spiller, AP, and marshawn lynch. As of right now they have done a great job with Gore and Bills running backs. AP is better than all of them and he is having an MVP season. If the rams can stop him, I think they win. if not, i think its over for us. Also, having amendola back (hopefuly) will be huge for the rams. Bradford seems to have much more confidence.

With all that said, the rams are home and for some reason play way better there. It will be a close game and i wont give a prediction only because of my supersticious ways lol

If you stop Adrian Peterson, you guys will win Laughing

Unless the Vikings win the lottery and Ponder plays like earlier in the season with Wright and Rudolph.

From what you guys have stated, sound like our team. Can't put a complete game on the field and play WAY better at home?

XBL/PSN: Chainedsniper
Worm Guts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure what to think of the Rams, nothing really stands out about them. I know we suck on the road, but we're usually much better in domes. It also helps that the Rams don't score many points, which means we shouldn't have to count on Ponder.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36

Jump to: