Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Always look on the brightside of life

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals
View previous topic :: View next topic  
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:43 am    Post subject: Always look on the brightside of life Reply with quote

OK, so everyone knows that this season is down the gurglers and it is a foregone conclusion that we are going to be starting off with a new Head football Coach in the 2013 season.

So lets pull out the things that are looking up for the 2013 season and beyond;

1 - This team has plenty of playmakers. From Larry Fitzgerald to Andre Roberts to Rob Housler to Michael Floyd there are plenty of players who can make things happen with the ball in their hands. Throw in LSH and then the possibility of Ryan Williams coming back good and strong and you know there are a lot of players on this football team that are going to cause problems for defenses.

2 - Quarterback truly is the overlying issue. Kevin Kolb in his 5 starts this season did enough to garner a 3-2 record for this team and was also the key cog in leading a game winning drive in this teams only other win this season. That shows what can be done with an above average quarterback on this football team.

Lindley and Skelton in their combined 8 starts this season are 1-7 (With as above the one win coming on the arm of Kolb) and have an atrocious record of 2 Touchdowns to 14 Interceptions.

In the 8 games Skelton and Lindley started the team has averaged 12 points per game (And includes the extra TD from Kolb and any and all defensive contributions to this) in the 5 games Kolb started the team has averaged 18 PPG and includes the debacle of a game vs the Rams.

I am not saying that our QB play was great under Kolb, but it was better and it shows us that it is the position that really holds the key for us. This might not have to be a long and painful rebuilding process. Get the QB, win the games.

3 - This team still has a defense that on it's day is the best in the NFL. There are still issues with pressure and run defense, but it is also a defense that has done enough to make this team 9-2 in their last 24 games when the offense has notched 20 points. We have young players on defense locked up for long term deals like Campbell and Washington and playmakers like Patrick Peterson who should receive a deal soon.

This team can still be built on defense first.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only thing I see as a positive is that all the qb on the roster will be cut. I like to see Kolb back as a back up qb that would be nice. Arizona will still need a real qb if it plans on going any where.

That right I won. Thank you NS922 for the Sig.
DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it's not like we're years away from contending here. The weapons are there on offense and we'd be very dangerous with a QB who understood mismatches and coverages. Adding some like Long or Joeckel would give us lots of depth at Tackle and the new coaching regime could try Levi at Guard. Defense has holes at LB and S but they can be filled in the mid rounds.

Btw i think Haley will be the HC because the boss loves him. Todd's personality would prefer a bulldog like Tyler Wilson over a California kid like Barkley IMO. Just something to ponder... Wink

The Rebuild Has Begun...
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
I agree it's not like we're years away from contending here. The weapons are there on offense and we'd be very dangerous with a QB who understood mismatches and coverages. Adding some like Long or Joeckel would give us lots of depth at Tackle and the new coaching regime could try Levi at Guard. Defense has holes at LB and S but they can be filled in the mid rounds.

Btw i think Haley will be the HC because the boss loves him. Todd's personality would prefer a bulldog like Tyler Wilson over a California kid like Barkley IMO. Just something to ponder... Wink

I be very disappoint if Haley became the HC.

DirtyDez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'd rather have Belichick but pickin's are slim here... We aren't going after a guy who wants top $. He knows some of the peices here and he'd probably accept a bottom 5 salary... Pretty much the exact same could be said for Horton.

The Rebuild Has Begun...
DJ_Fka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Horton is a leading candidate

50 points and no reply, I am throwing some cash down Whiz doesnt make it to next weeks game, seems like a fairly good chance and a good pay day to boot.
love2theOLINE

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DJ_Fka wrote:
Horton is a leading candidate

50 points and no reply, I am throwing some cash down Whiz doesnt make it to next weeks game, seems like a fairly good chance and a good pay day to boot.

After that game, it would make sense

Re-Elect Joe Fitzgibbon class act for proper representation.

thanks to sandwhich on the sig
Boise&cards Fan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DirtyDez wrote:
Boise&cards Fan wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:

I'd rather have Belichick but pickin's are slim here... We aren't going after a guy who wants top $. He knows some of the peices here and he'd probably accept a bottom 5 salary... Pretty much the exact same could be said for Horton.

I understand we most likely won't got a high paid HC but still much better options then Haley.

stchamp98

Most Valuable Poster (3rd Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The brightside for me is that there are numerous examples of teams in the past 4-5 years alone that changed head coaches and changed starting quarterbacks and immediately saw a positive turn around. I'm not saying that will definitely happen here, that would be silly of me but it's happened enough in the recent past for me to be confident that it COULD happen here. And if it does, with our defense, I think we'll have something.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Arizona Cardinals All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: