Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Other Games Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RaiderX

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

Yeah, Star has to be the pick. He'll finally be the anchor we've needed for the last 10 years.

He could be the pick, i'm not sure there's a consensus though. Joeckel, Lotulelei, Moore, Jones, trade down...

There is no way we pass him if he's there, unless a team trades their whole draft as well as a few future high picks for our pick... This defense is going to get juiced up in the next few years. This regime is going to start by building an outstanding defense like the one across the bay.

Then Star isn't the pick. Niners have had different guys in the middle but the constant has been the edge rush. Be it Aldon or Justin they've been beasts. Giants don't have a dominant inside presence either. I'm not that high on Star. I'll gladly take Jones or Werner. We need pass rush. Ravens have Ngata but the main reason their D is struggling is the lack of pass rush.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

Yeah, Star has to be the pick. He'll finally be the anchor we've needed for the last 10 years.

He could be the pick, i'm not sure there's a consensus though. Joeckel, Lotulelei, Moore, Jones, trade down...

There is no way we pass him if he's there, unless a team trades their whole draft as well as a few future high picks for our pick... This defense is going to get juiced up in the next few years. This regime is going to start by building an outstanding defense like the one across the bay.

Then Star isn't the pick. Niners have had different guys in the middle but the constant has been the edge rush. Be it Aldon or Justin they've been beasts. Giants don't have a dominant inside presence either. I'm not that high on Star. I'll gladly take Jones or Werner. We need pass rush. Ravens have Ngata but the main reason their D is struggling is the lack of pass rush.

FWIW Big Kemo and Mt.Cody play NT in Balt.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Dat Raider wrote:

FWIW Big Kemo and Mt.Cody play NT in Balt.

Good point. Forgot he kicked out to DE. Still, their pass rush has diminished.

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown is so much better than Matt Gio that it isnt even funny anymore.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

I know right? Why the hell would we let him go smh

Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

there was a big scrap up about when cable wanted to get rid of mitchel and keep Stevie. The whole situation came down to al's pride, he didn't want to cut his beloved second round pick who mayock didn't even have a grade for at the draft.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

there was a big scrap up about when cable wanted to get rid of mitchel and keep Stevie. The whole situation came down to al's pride, he didn't want to cut his beloved second round pick who mayock didn't even have a grade for at the draft.

We could've easily gotten rid of Hiram Eugene.

oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Stevie Brown was let go when Hue Jackson was the HC. At this point, i wonder how much input Al Davis still had considering he passed away a month later and he wasn't seen once on the practice field in TC that year.
Brown was then let go by 2 other teams.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

Stevie Brown was let go when Hue Jackson was the HC. At this point, i wonder how much input Al Davis still had considering he passed away a month later and he wasn't seen once on the practice field in TC that year.
We let go of Stevie in 2010 when Cable was boss, the whole situation is in one of Jerry Mac's blog somewhere, sorry i'm not gonna look it up Laughing.

It's spilled milk though, but it's a big shame because we could really use a play making safety. Mad
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

We let go of Stevie in 2010 when Cable was boss, the whole situation is in one of Jerry Mac's blog somewhere, sorry i'm not gonna look it up Laughing.

It's spilled milk though, but it's a big shame because we could really use a play making safety. Mad

http://www.nfl.com/player/steviebrown/1037916/profile

He played 15 games for the Oakland Raiders in 2010.
Nodisrespect

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

ok, good link. your right.
oakdb36

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
oakdb36 wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

ok, good link. your right.

You're not wrong either because what you're refering to happened in 2010. Brown wasn't on the opening day roster but he was re-signed after the first week. He was on the Raiders from that point until the final cut of the 2011 pre season, that's when we let him go for good.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That's false.

Hue/Davis (you pick) made the decision to go Boyd over Brown.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also on Stevie Brown. Let's put in perspective players look better when they have talent around them. The Giants get after the QB and have a good cover CB in Amukamara.

Gibril Wilson once looked like a stud for the Giants. Came to Oakland and was burnout.

Brown is a cog in a good defense who gets the chances to make plays. I doubt he'd have similar production in Oakland having to cover without a pass rush and constantly having to keep guessing with poor coverage on the outside.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Nodisrespect wrote:
RaisinBran wrote:
dante9876 wrote:

That's false.

Hue/Davis (you pick) made the decision to go Boyd over Brown.

Also have to remember that Brown had a poor preseason in 2011. Everybody was high on him in 2010. Boyd was already on the roster in 2010 but he ended up on the PS. The decision most likely came down to their performances in the 2011 preseason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 31, 32, 33 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 32 of 51

Jump to: