Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: VIKINGS (6-6) vs. Bears (8-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
vike daddy wrote:
do you guys feel Matt Kalil struggled vs Peppers, or did just fine?

I didn't see Peppers in the backfield a whole lot, and Adrian Peterson had a couple of big runs to Peppers' side, so offhand I would have to say that Kalil definitely didn't "struggle".

He looked better than Bryant McKinnie ever did against Julius Peppers. That is for sure. Peppers used to torment the Vikings when McKinnie was the starter.
Kellerman

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Musgrave seems determined to just run the ball 90% of the time, and I'm honestly okay with that right now. Figures that the one time Ponder does throw a decent pass, it hits Aromashodu in the shoulder in the endzone.

Defense showed up to play though. AJ Jefferson has been a bit of a relevation this season, and Robinson and Smith looked Reed-esque on those returns.

#97 Everson Griffin: 27 tackles : 5.5 sacks : 1 FF ; 16 games played
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if anyone's bored of two guys arguing Ponder and Tebow back and forth, here's a good breakdown of our squads against the Bears by Pelissero:

http://www.1500espn.com/sportswire/Breaking_down_the_tape_from_the_Vikings_win_over_the_Bears121112

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
PurpleMugen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
do you guys feel Matt Kalil struggled vs Peppers, or did just fine?

I think he held up well enough. Peppers is something of a monstrous assignment; few LTs will be able to shut him down outright because his blend of power, speed and bag of tricks (variety of pass rush moves) is something you hope to contain more so than neutralize. I think Kalil has provided Ponder very good protection overall; he gets a thumbs up from me.

Peppers90 on the sig.
vike daddy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^ Pelissero's take on Kalil vs Peppers:

"LT Matt Kalil (57 snaps) was bound to have an off-day eventually. That taking a holding penalty and allowing a hit and two QB pressures to veteran RE Julius Peppers counts as an off-day confirms how good the rookie has been all season. Peppers got the better of Kalil several times in the run game, too, but he was OK overall there."

Webmaster wrote:
vike daddy

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toughest guy you've blocked this year?

Kalil: "Peppers. He's been playing for so long, 12 years now, and he's humongous. It says he's 290, but he's probably 300. He's humongous, strong, athletic, and he's got a number of different pass-rush moves. He's just the complete player. I was looking forward to that game. My mindset was, 'This guy has played against every great tackle in the game. Who am I to him?' But I look forward to those kinds of challenges. My next big challenge will be looking forward to Clay Matthews"

Have you had what is known in the league as a "Welcome to the NFL" moment?

Kalil: "Yes, I did. Last week I was all high on my boat because I've been playing so well, and Julius Peppers, on a running play -- which is even more embarrassing -- went inside. So I stepped in to recover, and he stepped outside, and I got into a bad position, and he bumped me and I went down on my butt. First time I've ever been put on my butt in my life. I'm just sitting there feeling like I'm naked, where everybody could see me."

http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/183599211.html?refer=y

Webmaster wrote:
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like how Kalil played against Peppers. He wasnt perfect no doubt but he didnt let Peppers control the game like he usually does against the Vikes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Minnesota Vikings All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 60, 61, 62
Page 62 of 62

Jump to: