Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Detroit Lions @ GB Packers GDT--does the streak end?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who wins?
Detroit
24%
 24%  [ 7 ]
GB
75%
 75%  [ 22 ]
Total Votes : 29

Author Message
TL-TwoWinsAway


Joined: 19 Feb 2008
Posts: 25678
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The refs didn't determine the outcome of the game, but the refs (just like the wide 9, and our depleted secondary, and Kris Durham) are all factors that influenced the outcome of the game. There wasn't a huge call that led directly to a loss for either team, thank goodness, but the lack of quality calls is relevant regardless.
_________________


Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
38andy38


Joined: 02 Jan 2009
Posts: 2931
Location: A BlueQuickSilver Sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on this thread:

Well this GDT turned out as I predicted. Rolling Eyes The amount of trash we have to put up with in our own GDT astounds me, when there are that many Lions fans in their own GDT asking to be left alone and asking the oppositions fans to leave our Mods need to step up and help just for the sake of peace and tranquility.....NOT ignore and lend support to the veiled trolling and constant barrage of continued antagonistic posts BY OTHER MODS!!! A poor job recognizing the big picture IMO and yes I'll take the warning for this post if that's what is deemed necessary.

Mods are like cops IMO and in an argument or fight they don't take sides, they dont offer their interpretation of events. They isolate and contain the parties involved to allow the situation to calm down. We have been asking for better support in GDTs and for the first time in several weeks a Mod actually showed up during the game and TBH made the situation worse not better IMO. I refrained from posting last night just so I could take some time and reflect on this situation resulting in this post this morning.


Thoughts on the game:

Another teaser of a game from the Lions, enough good stuff to get you to believe that they have the ability to compete mixed with enough boneheaded mistakes and inconsistencies to come out on the losing end once again.
_________________


2013 Adopt A Lion - Reggie Bush
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
gizmo2012


Joined: 11 Mar 2007
Posts: 2623
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Atari-XXX wrote:
The refs weren't the ones who fumbled the ball which resulted in a TD. The refs didn't throw an awful INT. The refs weren't the ones who couldn't stop the Packers RB's from running it down your throats in the second half. The refs weren't the ones missing a FG. The refs weren't the ones who were responsible for some weird play calling on offense in the second half.


If you want to complain about the refs then can you imagine how Packer fans feel this year. They got one stolen in Seattle and many other games the refs either made bad calsl or no calls. The Lions lost another game because again they lost their composure - penalties, fumbles, interceptions, dropped balls - those are the things that give other teams that slight edge. The Lions dared the Packers to run the ball so they ran the ball and won the game, and who the heck is Dujuan Harris - the Lions made him look like Darren Sproles.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Louis Friend


Joined: 07 Apr 2010
Posts: 7847
Location: Detroit, MI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 4620
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??


Allow me to say that I'm the first person to say that the late hit by Suh was crap. I didn't agree with it.

To be fair however. There was an extremely similar play in the first half when Rodgers went to the ground and Fairley tagged him that didn't get called either. May not have been bias, could easily have been a crew that's loose on the QB going to the ground rule.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atari-XXX


Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 1890
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??


I can understand being upset by inconsistent calls but good teams overcome bad calls and still find a way to win.

Last night y'all were up 14-0 and the game was right there for the taking. The Packers D couldn't stop a nose bleed, the offense wasn't clicking and then Stafford turns the ball over and it results in a TD. It happened in the first game this season as well. You can't give away easy points and turn the ball over like that and expect to win.

The Forsett call on Thanksgiving was horrible but even after that happened, y'all had the ball around midfield 4 times and didn't score a single point. You can't do that and expect to win a game.

Yes there have been inconsistent calls this season. Some were even horrible. But y'all still had a chance to win each and every single one of those games.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
incognito_man


Joined: 11 Jan 2007
Posts: 29896
Location: Madison
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:


Were there bad calls and no calls? Absolutely, on both sides. Packer fans will notice the ones against them more, Lions fans will notice the ones against them more. But they still occurred. The two that stick out to me the most was Suhs hit on Rodgers that was called, compared to Staffords slide that wasn't. Both were bang bang plays that could have gone either way, but Rodgers gets that call, Stafford doesn't.


Agreed that there were missed calls both ways, however, limiting your view to only those two specific plays is not an accurate picture. If you include all QB/hit plays you end up with:

Rodgers
-Gets hit as he's sliding by Fairly - no call
-Gets shoved late by Suh - call
-Gets hands to face (always illegal in pocket) by Fairley - no call

Stafford
-Gets shoved late by Worthy - call
-Gets hit as he's sliding - no call

It's virtually even. There were missed facemasks on both sides. The one on Bell looked severe, but they never showed a replay on the tv copy for fans to see for sure, either. I tend not to watch Detroit defensive lineman vs GB offensive lineman, but I can guarantee everyone that GBs rushers were getting held and not getting called either. They weren't calling it much either way.

The net effect of the refs in this game ended up being little. In the first half it was very one-sided in favor of Detroit, but it evened out eventually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
GoPackGo25


Joined: 26 Feb 2008
Posts: 6049
Location: packerbacker87 on the avy!
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys, there were a lot of BS calls both ways but its been that way all season. Laughing Thank god for no injuries!

Can't wait to be matched up with you guys next season! The talent is still there for you! You'll be back battlin atop the NFCN next season.
_________________

Credit: TheDeeeeej

Adopt a T-Wolf: Kevin Love
PPG RPG APG
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
tytalton


Joined: 12 Jan 2010
Posts: 844
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well I see that going to bed early was the right move as once again the GB faithful have descended on the lions forum to show how classy they can be...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4556
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo25 wrote:
Good game guys, there were a lot of BS calls both ways but its been that way all season. Laughing Thank god for no injuries!

Can't wait to be matched up with you guys next season! The talent is still there for you! You'll be back battlin atop the NFCN next season.


Can't wait to battle for NFCN next year.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 18718
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Louis Friend wrote:
Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??


We are allowed to vent, but there is a difference in venting and what went on here. The Lions forum is not strictly for Lions posters. And other forums have a right to be here whenever. There were some semi trolling posts from a couple posters, but not the ones that everyone was jumping on. Difference of opinions are what this board is about. Just because you do not like their opinion, does not make it trolling. They were not inciting when they came over, they were adding to the conversation by defending their team, the same way a lot of Lions posters always do in the general thread. Plain and simple, the Lions forum has to play nice with others. I posted plenty of times to ignore trolls, so if you see one don't quote him calling him a troll and respond in a trolling manner. Unfortunately, we seem incapable of doing so and respond to any possibility of trolling with trolling ourselves.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 24442
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sllim Pickens wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??


We are allowed to vent, but there is a difference in venting and what went on here. The Lions forum is not strictly for Lions posters. And other forums have a right to be here whenever. There were some semi trolling posts from a couple posters, but not the ones that everyone was jumping on. Difference of opinions are what this board is about. Just because you do not like their opinion, does not make it trolling. They were not inciting when they came over, they were adding to the conversation by defending their team, the same way a lot of Lions posters always do in the general thread. Plain and simple, the Lions forum has to play nice with others. I posted plenty of times to ignore trolls, so if you see one don't quote him calling him a troll and respond in a trolling manner. Unfortunately, we seem incapable of doing so and respond to any possibility of trolling with trolling ourselves.


I whole heartedly disagree.

I have no problem with debating opinion. I do have a problem when individuals continuously state opinion as fact and choose to overlook blatant issues with their team while referencing identical issues with other teams.

There were numerous blatant homer posts in this thread that were not posted in defence they were typical one sided posts designed to incite. Mirroring their behaviour doesn't seem to offer a detergent either.

That's the very definition of trolling.

What seems to be lost in all of this is there is a pattern and it happens after every Packer game. We don't seem to have these long standing repetitive issues with other fan bases. But we sure do with the Packers. Guess what? We aren't alone.

I find it offensive to read posts such as those brought to us by a Packer mod.

I get further offended by his PM's asking to chat. I have no interest in chatting on any level with people like that.

I would simply ask why do they insist on inflaming a situation every single game? Why do they insist on insulting Detroit? Why do we as a fan base have to continually put up with totally unsubstantiated rhetoric posted to troll the forum?

Lastly, why is there not ever a mod present telling them to leave?
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
diehardlionfan


Joined: 12 Mar 2007
Posts: 24442
Location: Ottawa
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:


Were there bad calls and no calls? Absolutely, on both sides. Packer fans will notice the ones against them more, Lions fans will notice the ones against them more. But they still occurred. The two that stick out to me the most was Suhs hit on Rodgers that was called, compared to Staffords slide that wasn't. Both were bang bang plays that could have gone either way, but Rodgers gets that call, Stafford doesn't.


Agreed that there were missed calls both ways, however, limiting your view to only those two specific plays is not an accurate picture. If you include all QB/hit plays you end up with:

Rodgers
-Gets hit as he's sliding by Fairly - no call
-Gets shoved late by Suh - call
-Gets hands to face (always illegal in pocket) by Fairley - no call

Stafford
-Gets shoved late by Worthy - call
-Gets hit as he's sliding - no call

It's virtually even. There were missed facemasks on both sides. The one on Bell looked severe, but they never showed a replay on the tv copy for fans to see for sure, either. I tend not to watch Detroit defensive lineman vs GB offensive lineman, but I can guarantee everyone that GBs rushers were getting held and not getting called either. They weren't calling it much either way.

The net effect of the refs in this game ended up being little. In the first half it was very one-sided in favor of Detroit, but it evened out eventually.


You might add that Bell was kicked......no call.
You might add that Suh was being held and had hands in his grill all game, no call.

While I would agree there were missed calls both ways I think Detroit got the short end of the stick. It doesn't matter because I don't believe the officiating affected the outcome. The better team won.

My issue continues to be hearing posters refer to the Lions as thugs which is hardly the case. They are no dirtier than most teams and far less so than others.
_________________


Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sllim Pickens


Moderator
Joined: 02 Jan 2007
Posts: 18718
Location: Middle of the Mitten
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
Sllim Pickens wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:
Yes, Packers got the wrong end of a rule, at the end of a close game. Lions fans are familiar with that themselves. More so than bad calls, I feel Lions fans are upset with inconsistent calls. Rodgers got the benefit of a late hit by Suh, but Stafford slides, gets hit late and no call. If the refs called both, or let both go, I think it would have been easier for people to understand.

But this isn't even about the refs at this point. This is about moderating our game thread. If Lions fans can't even vent in their own forum without inciting from others, where can they discuss their team??


We are allowed to vent, but there is a difference in venting and what went on here. The Lions forum is not strictly for Lions posters. And other forums have a right to be here whenever. There were some semi trolling posts from a couple posters, but not the ones that everyone was jumping on. Difference of opinions are what this board is about. Just because you do not like their opinion, does not make it trolling. They were not inciting when they came over, they were adding to the conversation by defending their team, the same way a lot of Lions posters always do in the general thread. Plain and simple, the Lions forum has to play nice with others. I posted plenty of times to ignore trolls, so if you see one don't quote him calling him a troll and respond in a trolling manner. Unfortunately, we seem incapable of doing so and respond to any possibility of trolling with trolling ourselves.


I whole heartedly disagree.

I have no problem with debating opinion. I do have a problem when individuals continuously state opinion as fact and choose to overlook blatant issues with their team while referencing identical issues with other teams.

There were numerous blatant homer posts in this thread that were not posted in defence they were typical one sided posts designed to incite. Mirroring their behaviour doesn't seem to offer a detergent either.

That's the very definition of trolling.

What seems to be lost in all of this is there is a pattern and it happens after every Packer game. We don't seem to have these long standing repetitive issues with other fan bases. But we sure do with the Packers. Guess what? We aren't alone.

I find it offensive to read posts such as those brought to us by a Packer mod.

I get further offended by his PM's asking to chat. I have no interest in chatting on any level with people like that.

I would simply ask why do they insist on inflaming a situation every single game? Why do they insist on insulting Detroit? Why do we as a fan base have to continually put up with totally unsubstantiated rhetoric posted to troll the forum?

Lastly, why is there not ever a mod present telling them to leave?


You yourself posted that they would come in and to just ignore them. But that sure didn't work.

If a troll comes in, ignore them, and they go away. That was posted in the thread a few times early in the week, before the game, and when the game neared the end.

A Packer mod came in here saying if you blast the kick on Bell that Suh must be persecuted too. Since we had not been arguing that and he misinterpreted it, a simple, we don't defend Suh's stomp, we defend his other actions would have been an appropriate response. Instead posters said he was hiding behind a title and needed to get out of here. That turned into much worse from both sides. So yes this happens in post Packer threads a lot but we also seem to get every Lions topic on the forum locked. I'm sure that is everyone else's fault too.

Both me and X warned for trolling early in the GDT, for blatant trolling posts. What escalated later didn't start as trolling, but a lot of inciting went on from both sides. A Mod is suppose to moderate conversation, not restrict it to only our fan base.
_________________


Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
AlexGreen#20


Joined: 13 Jun 2012
Posts: 4620
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diehardlionfan wrote:
incognito_man wrote:
Louis Friend wrote:


Were there bad calls and no calls? Absolutely, on both sides. Packer fans will notice the ones against them more, Lions fans will notice the ones against them more. But they still occurred. The two that stick out to me the most was Suhs hit on Rodgers that was called, compared to Staffords slide that wasn't. Both were bang bang plays that could have gone either way, but Rodgers gets that call, Stafford doesn't.


Agreed that there were missed calls both ways, however, limiting your view to only those two specific plays is not an accurate picture. If you include all QB/hit plays you end up with:

Rodgers
-Gets hit as he's sliding by Fairly - no call
-Gets shoved late by Suh - call
-Gets hands to face (always illegal in pocket) by Fairley - no call

Stafford
-Gets shoved late by Worthy - call
-Gets hit as he's sliding - no call

It's virtually even. There were missed facemasks on both sides. The one on Bell looked severe, but they never showed a replay on the tv copy for fans to see for sure, either. I tend not to watch Detroit defensive lineman vs GB offensive lineman, but I can guarantee everyone that GBs rushers were getting held and not getting called either. They weren't calling it much either way.

The net effect of the refs in this game ended up being little. In the first half it was very one-sided in favor of Detroit, but it evened out eventually.


You might add that Bell was kicked......no call.
You might add that Suh was being held and had hands in his grill all game, no call.

While I would agree there were missed calls both ways I think Detroit got the short end of the stick. It doesn't matter because I don't believe the officiating affected the outcome. The better team won.

My issue continues to be hearing posters refer to the Lions as thugs which is hardly the case. They are no dirtier than most teams and far less so than others.


Did Bell get kicked? If you're referring to that gif it looked like the Pcker player stepped over him and Bell thought it was a sign of disrespect.

As for Suh getting held, you really want to get into holding after the "holding" call on Sitton? Tehre were several instances where the Lions lined up in the neutral zone that didn't get called. There was the play where Fairley sackd Rodgers through EDS where he got Rodgers head, which should by the letter of the law be a penalty. I do remember one instance of Barclay grievously holding Suh that didn't get called.

There were a lot of missed calls at the LOS in this game, that tends to happen when one guy has to watch 10 plus players getting at it. That's not dirty and I highly doubt that an impartial obserserver could watch the line play from this game and sat that one side was more heavily favored.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 33 of 34

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group