Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee) & Captain Kirk to Start Page 4 Reply with quote

Thank God that RG3 didn't suffer an ACL tear nor a fracture knee. But he definitely needs to learn how to go down completely without getting himself hurt. But he should fine for now...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/mri-shows-no-serious-damage-to-griffins-knee/

[/quote]

Last edited by TruSkinsFan on Sat Dec 15, 2012 10:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Re: RG3 MRI (Sprained Knee)! Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
Thank God that RG3 didn't suffer an ACL tear nor a fracture knee. But he definitely needs to learn how to go down completely without getting himself hurt. But he should fine for now...

Man, I don't want to get up in the morning and read --OH, we missed it --it is a torn ACL, Lateral, miniscus ,, something bad. I thought surely--100% he'd broken his lower leg .. Man it looked bad.. Pray

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/09/mri-shows-no-serious-damage-to-griffins-knee/
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my blood pressure is officially lowered now, thank you!!

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Well, my blood pressure is officially lowered now, thank you!!

No Problem mines went down also. lol Smile
Jeezy Fanatic

Location: The DMV; Proud Alumnus of the University of Miami, Class of 2011
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallelujah!!!!!

Where you go we'll follow! Let's go USMNT!!!!
MikeT14

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember RGIII saying earlier this year that he would learn to slide better, but if the game is on the line, he is gonna do whatever it takes to get the extra yards.

- mike23md on the sig!
seantaylorfan21

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm glad he didn't tear his acl, But he still seriously injured his knee. Sprain knees can linger for a while. Wouldn't be suprised if he misses the game vs. cleveland and if it affects his running ability which would really hurt us.

Props to Mike23md
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MikeT14 wrote:
I remember RGIII saying earlier this year that he would learn to slide better, but if the game is on the line, he is gonna do whatever it takes to get the extra yards.

Well thats great and all but sometimes doing something like that is not always a great ideal. If he is our franchise QB? Then he needs to protect himself at all times and not make crazy falls like that. Just looking out for the future for Redskins.
Almm24

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This could've been a serious injury... He got hit by Haloti Ngata and his leg whipped back... Glad he is seemingly okay.
tyler735

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's no doubt that he is taking to many hits still. My biggest concerns are the triple option plays, and him getting blasted in the pocket numerous times EVERY game. We definitely need to address the O-line either in free agency, or with an early pick in the draft.

On the play he got injured I have no problem with what he did. He ran up the field at a critical point in the game with playoff hopes on the line, but still tried to get down before he got hammered at the end of the play. It's not often you see a guy get his leg injured while it's in the air, and not planted on the ground like RG3's was today. Basically he tried to protect him self on the play, but unfortunately Ngata decided to take a shot at his legs. This was kind of a freak injury considering how it happened, thankfully it isn't serious.

He has clearly gotten better about getting out of bounds, and sliding compared to the first part of the season. I am fine with the amount of times he's been running since the bye week, and how he's protected himself, but he's gotta release the ball a little quicker, or we gotta make revamping the O-line (Polumbus especially) our top priority in the off-season, so RG3 doesn't continue to get destroyed in the pocket in the future.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8729737

Quote:
Team spokesman Tony Wyllie said Sunday that Griffin underwent an MRI and has a sprained right knee but that "everything is clear" in terms of significant ligament damage.

"I'm not a doctor, but I know what an ACL feels like," Griffin said. "And it doesn't feel like an ACL. ... If I felt that, I'd be pretty nervous. But we won the game, everybody's praying for me, I feel pretty good right now about the whole situation.

I'm not too nervous, but I'll definitely be praying during the MRI."

I'm still worried we may not see him again this year. 3 games left. It's clear he had a significant sprain like Meriweather had and that could keep a player out a month +.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RSkinGM

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to me , I've seen more QB's get hurt "trying to protect themselves" than just running and trying avoid a "direct" hit .. Tony Romo--That guy seems to never get a hard hit--he's an artist at avoiding the crushing blow.
Another thing -- to say someone has a "sprained knee" don't tell you much of anything. How many ligaments are sprained ? Which ligaments are sprained? I agree , he could be out until the Playoffs .. PLAYOFFS!!??
Or, he could play limited I'm sure -- against the Browns ..
Next week should be real interesting..
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RSkinGM wrote:
Seems to me , I've seen more QB's get hurt "trying to protect themselves" than just running and trying avoid a "direct" hit .. Tony Romo--That guy seems to never get a hard hit--he's an artist at avoiding the crushing blow.
Another thing -- to say someone has a "sprained knee" don't tell you much of anything. How many ligaments are sprained ? Which ligaments are sprained? I agree , he could be out until the Playoffs .. PLAYOFFS!!??
like I said. In my experience with players getting "sprained knees" that usually means a month. Just take Brandon Meriweather for example.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
tyler735

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:
like I said. In my experience with players getting "sprained knees" that usually means a month. Just take Brandon Meriweather for example.

From personal experience in college I sprained my MCL twice, and was back playing on it about a week or so later. Didn't feel 100%, but it was definitely tolerable
turtle28

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tyler735 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
RSkinGM wrote:

From personal experience in college I sprained my MCL twice, and was back playing on it about a week or so later. Didn't feel 100%, but it was definitely tolerable
oh ok. Well that's good news, I hope you are right, but that certainly wasn't the case with Meriweather to start the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: