Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Pro Bowl offensive guard Marshal Yanda sprained his right ankle badly enough that he was on crutches after the game and fitted for a walking boot. Yanda was in no mood for interviews and requested that reporters not approach him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-marshal-yanda-sprains-ankle-jameel-mcclains-neck-xrays-are-negative-20121209,0,1334045.story

Crutches and a moon boot. Thats not good Sad

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bobbie Williams at LG and Reid at RG or vice versa?

Bobbie is better at run blocking than he is pass blocking and it's the other way around for Reid so one would think Reid at LG and Williams at RG but you never know with this coaching staff anymore.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012

Last edited by BareYourTeeth on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm; edited 2 times in total
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
I'm digging 4th place to be honest. I'd rather face Indy than PIT or CIN.

I certainly don't.

I don't want anything to do with playing a team that will be as motivated as they will be. They've got the emotional strength from Chuckstrong, the "Nobody Believed In Us" factor seeing as people were pegging them to be picking in the top 10 again and familiar players wanting to play well against their old team.

I'd much rather face the known team in Cincy or Pitt

They're also the most fraudulent 9-4 team in NFL history by 400 trillion miles. Maybe I'd be more comfortable with facing Cincy, but Pittsburgh with Big Ben? No way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Quote:
Pro Bowl offensive guard Marshal Yanda sprained his right ankle badly enough that he was on crutches after the game and fitted for a walking boot. Yanda was in no mood for interviews and requested that reporters not approach him.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-marshal-yanda-sprains-ankle-jameel-mcclains-neck-xrays-are-negative-20121209,0,1334045.story

Crutches and a moon boot. Thats not good Sad

Hopefully this is more precautionary until they have a chance to look at it.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I certainly don't.

I don't want anything to do with playing a team that will be as motivated as they will be. They've got the emotional strength from Chuckstrong, the "Nobody Believed In Us" factor seeing as people were pegging them to be picking in the top 10 again and familiar players wanting to play well against their old team.

Agreed. Not to mentioned they have another mobile QB that can cause us fits as opposed to just a pocket passer type. I'd much rather face Cincy @ BAL. We know them and would have the HMA to help us get things done.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I certainly don't.

Agreed. Not to mentioned they have another mobile QB that can cause us fits as opposed to just a pocket passer type. I'd much rather face Cincy @ BAL. We know them and would have the HMA to help us get things done.

Griffin didn't really cause us fits today. He made some escapes, but they didn't turn into substantial plays.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I certainly don't.

Griffin didn't really cause us fits today. He made some escapes, but they didn't turn into substantial plays.

The only big gain he got with his feet was the one that ended with Haloti Ngata turning his knee inside out. But I think his mobility did detract from the Ravens' ability to cover both the run and the pass.

They were worrying about RGIII getting outside and scrambling, which left receivers even more open than the Ravens usually leave them.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I certainly don't.

I'm not referring to the read option, but even there... his impact and ability to run the football had us committing less defenders to stopping the run up the middle and getting gashed for huge gains up the gut.

But on plays from the pocket, Griffin most definitely hurt us with his ability to effectively scramble for key yard pickups are first downs. We shut him down on the read option, but blitzing him up the middle was ineffective because he would just hit a hole and be gone. He was able to run around the collapsing pocket a few times as well. His mobility allowed him to make a fair amount of plays with his feet when otherwise we might've gotten a shot in on him. Luck is going to have some mobility to him is what I'm saying.

With the Bengals we know where we stand, the Colts are going to be playing like they've got nothing to lose. Luck can thread it. I just like the matchup against Cincy much more.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
Bobbie Williams at LG and Reid at RG or vice versa?

Bobbie is better at run blocking than he is pass blocking and it's the other way around for Reid so one would think Reid at LG and Williams at RG but you never know with this coaching staff anymore.

I don't see why they would move Reid over to RG when he's been the best LG the team has had this season. Williams is far more suited to play on the right side anyways.
bmorecareful

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should be in much better shape once we get the guys on the fringe of returning back. Ellerbe, Ray, Suggs, Jimmy Smith and Dickson, shoot even McClain and Yanda went down today. Ill reserve judgement on todays injuries but the other guys should give the overall defense a boost upon returning call me a homer but I'm not impressed with nobody in the AFC like that I'm just not
kmvoss

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bmorecareful wrote:
I think we should be in much better shape once we get the guys on the fringe of returning back. Ellerbe, Ray, Suggs, Jimmy Smith and Dickson, shoot even McClain and Yanda went down today. Ill reserve judgement on todays injuries but the other guys should give the overall defense a boost upon returning call me a homer but I'm not impressed with nobody in the AFC like that I'm just not

Yup, I guess I'm with you with the optimism regarding our D. Once we get some bodies back it'll make a huge difference.
RavensfanRD

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
drd23 wrote:
nevermore wrote:

I certainly don't.

They're also the most fraudulent 9-4 team in NFL history by 400 trillion miles. Maybe I'd be more comfortable with facing Cincy, but Pittsburgh with Big Ben? No way.

I just told you this and you said I'm nuts! But I agree with DRD. I'd rather play the known than unknown. We'll "Get up" to play Pittsburgh. lol, wow, we're frauds.

Ray Lewis wrote:
This it! This it, man! This is it! We goin' for a ring man!

Wise Old Man wrote:
Joe Flacco doesn't believe in miracles; miracles believe in Joe Flacco
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
See, this is where I have a problem with your analysis and really sportstalk as a whole more and more these days. It's always "did x team win or did y team lose the game?" If y made mistakes that x didn't, save for some very specific situations, then x is a better team and deserved to win. Part of being a good team is not making mistakes that other teams make. Teams will make mistakes. It's not simply some sign of a fatal flaw on the part of the Ravens when they make mistakes, yet miraculous good fortune when other teams make mistakes.

Again, flip the script why were we lucky before to win against teams that "choked." By all measures, we "choked" today, so aren't the Redskins "lucky" to have won? I think they played the better game today and deserved to win (while we SHOULD have won). My point is that you seem to want to discredit our close wins but paint our close losses as signs that we are bad. It's like everything the Ravens do is handicapped. A close win counts as a loss and a close loss counts as a sign that this team can never win a SB as currently constructed.

I still don't think you quite understand what I'm saying. I'm not speaking on behalf of the Redskins here, I'm talking about the Ravens.

All year they've played like crap for most of the game, and then SOMEHOW won those games, and then looked back and said "Well, we got a W, moving on" and made nothing about how bad they played because the W was all that matters.

Well, now you see the result of that. Because no proper adjustments were made, no steps were taken to ensure that THOSE kinds of mistakes would never happen again, those close games that were W's have started turning into L's because of a lack of preparation and accountability (what I've been saying all year long). It's more of a "I saw this coming" kind of thing because of what happened earlier in the season. Earlier in the season y'all were fine with winning ugly, so now later in the season you better be okay with losing like this because because you were okay with winning these types of games where we just played poorly most of the game.

In the end, with the way this current team is coached, no, I do not believe we can win a Superbowl this year, which is unfortunate considering the amount of talent we have, and the amount of adversity we've gone through. We simply don't have the coaching to take us to a SB. We have an OC who refuses to use his playmakers and uses a scheme from the 1960's. We have a DC who can't get 11 guys to cover 6 and who can't figure out ways to confuse offenses. We have a head coach who won't step up and make tough decisions in the heat of battle, and when you combine all of that, you get a team that goes to the playoffs and goes home every year. Talent only gets you so far.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good game guys. I thought you had it when you went up 28-20. We always seem to play close ones huh?

I've been asking each team's fans this year:

What was your impression of RG3 today?

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Good game guys. I thought you had it when you went up 28-20. We always seem to play close ones huh?

I've been asking each team's fans this year:

What was your impression of RG3 today?

And like most of everyone has told you I'm sure, the dude is a freakin' stud. Although he WILL suffer major injuries at this rate if he keeps taking hits like he does. But that offense is scary.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 36 of 39

Jump to: