Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Post-Game - Dallas 20, Cincinnati 19
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Romo: "this is a hard hard thing to deal with. There's no play book for this sort of thing"

Carr said found out about Brown right after walking out of Perkins' services. Needless to say rather emotional

I can only imagine how hurt and sad his heart is. Nobody deserves to leave the funeral of a good friend only to find out another has passed. Thats not to take away from the sadness of anyone else such as Jerry's family at all, just commenting on how much pain Carr has had to deal with the last 2 weeks.

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Brandon Carr was leaving Kasandra Perkins' burial when he saw many missed calls from Barry Church. Called back, told of Jerry Brown's death.

Honestly. Poor guy. And his pick. How his head was in this game is beyond me.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any word on Mo? I'm worried about a concussion...

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaGarun wrote:

So far, stitches.

In Redball I Trust!
DaGarun

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
DaGarun wrote:

So far, stitches.

I hope that's all. He's been playing well.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In Redball I Trust!
WareWolf94

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone make me a good sig of hatch holding the jersey?

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
matt79511

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not all that relevant, but Dallas could have 3 1000 yard receivers this year.

Dez topped reached that plateau for the first time in his career today- up to a 75/1028/9 line.

Witten's got 92/880/1. Should easily break 100 catches and 1000 yards, although you wonder why he's not used in the red zone more.

And Austin's at 55/819/5. Would be a bit of a stretch for him to reach 1000, given that he's generally trending in the wrong direction, but it's possible. Needs to make more plays, especially when getting the targets he got today.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Moment of silence for Jerry Brown:

Paying Respect

The Jersey

Brandon Carr Speaks:
http://www.nfl.com/videos/dallas-cowboys/0ap2000000108273/Carr-We-stuck-together

"To give people hope..."

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An emotional Redball opens the presser talking of Jerry Brown:

Quote:
I told our team that this is unchartered territory and they obviously had a very difficult situation, a tragedy occur to our football team in the last couple days. We lost Jerry Brown, a practice roster player for us we picked up earlier in the year. Its been really emotional for everybody and as the head coach of the team I have to talk to the team and I have to inform them what happened, give them the news and also try to offer some perspective. You know I talked a lot about the value of a teammate and Ive been fortunate to be on a lot of teams in my life. And I think that word teammate is really, really special and Jerry is one of our teammates. Hes a really interesting guy. I spend a lot of time going around Valley Ranch, the halls, the meeting rooms, the practice fields, and I always say, How we doing guys? How ya doing? How ya doing? Whoever it is, coaches, players, equipment guys, trainers and Jerry always beat me to the punch. Jerry always said, How you doing, coach? before I could get it out.

REALLY GOOD READ - A Tragic Day for All of Us

In Redball I Trust!
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:
I told our team that this is unchartered territory and they obviously had a very difficult situation, a tragedy occur to our football team in the last couple days. We lost Jerry Brown, a practice roster player for us we picked up earlier in the year. Its been really emotional for everybody and as the head coach of the team I have to talk to the team and I have to inform them what happened, give them the news and also try to offer some perspective. You know I talked a lot about the value of a teammate and Ive been fortunate to be on a lot of teams in my life. And I think that word teammate is really, really special and Jerry is one of our teammates. Hes a really interesting guy. I spend a lot of time going around Valley Ranch, the halls, the meeting rooms, the practice fields, and I always say, How we doing guys? How ya doing? How ya doing? Whoever it is, coaches, players, equipment guys, trainers and Jerry always beat me to the punch. Jerry always said, How you doing, coach? before I could get it out.

I actually said it yesterday. I didn't like the way Dallas matched up against Cincy for all the reasons I stated. Sure enough, we saw their DL dominate our OL. We saw their OL take advantage of our depleted DL. But, I thought Dallas would play with more emotion and actually liked their chances. Rallying around a fallen teammate can be powerful. Most of you aren't old enough to remember the colorado buffaloes national championship. But it was a helluva story when it happened.

Last edited by The_Slamman on Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

I actually said it yesterday. I didn't like the way Dallas matched up against Cincy for all the reasons I stated. Sure enough, we saw their DL dominate our OL. We saw their OL take advantage of our depleted DL. But, I thought Dallas would play with more emotion and actually liked their changes. Rallying around a fallen teammate can be powerful. Most of you aren't old enough to remember the colorado buffaloes national championship. But it was a helluva story when it happened.

The rape allegations back in like the early 90's. You can't be referring to that????
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HDsportsfan wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

I actually said it yesterday. I didn't like the way Dallas matched up against Cincy for all the reasons I stated. Sure enough, we saw their DL dominate our OL. We saw their OL take advantage of our depleted DL. But, I thought Dallas would play with more emotion and actually liked their changes. Rallying around a fallen teammate can be powerful. Most of you aren't old enough to remember the colorado buffaloes national championship. But it was a helluva story when it happened.

The rape allegations back in like the early 90's. You can't be referring to that????

No. The death of Sal Aunese the season before...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sal_Aunese

Ace5

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I work in a Christmas tree field this time of year, driving a tractor around and helping people find trees/cut them down. Do em all by hand, real old fashioned style. So I was working during the game. Had the radio feed of the game on on my phone in one ear the whole time. When Bailey hit the kick, I stood up on the tractor (a 1950's farmall), started humping the steering wheel and screaming the lyrics to, for some strange reason, smooth criminal.

It was at that moment that I realized that no matter how much I hate Jerry Jones, I love football and the Cowboys wayyyyy too much to ever stop watching/caring listening.

I may have scarred some small children looking for a tree though.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ace5 wrote:
I work in a Christmas tree field this time of year, driving a tractor around and helping people find trees/cut them down. Do em all by hand, real old fashioned style. So I was working during the game. Had the radio feed of the game on on my phone in one ear the whole time. When Bailey hit the kick, I stood up on the tractor (a 1950's farmall), started humping the steering wheel and screaming the lyrics to, for some strange reason, smooth criminal.

It was at that moment that I realized that no matter how much I hate Jerry Jones, I love football and the Cowboys wayyyyy too much to ever stop watching/caring listening.

I may have scarred some small children looking for a tree though.

Omg Laughing it's a shame this wasn't captured on video

^^^Deadpulse

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8

Jump to: