Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens @ Redskins GDT (Week 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemm68

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright. I'm chiming in here.

This year more so than the last two I'm just along for the ride. We have had some gut wrenching losses but We've had some fun memorable games this season. Beating the pats at home with torrey coming off hos tragic loss. Talk about favrelike. NFL film vault right there. Come from behind win at qualcomm. Awesome I was pacing the living room for a solid half hour. Not to mention hanging a fifty Burger on Oakland.

anyway point I'm trying to make. This team isn't the team of last year but if your hanging on that it sure makes it a miserable football season. Sit back enjoy the ride. We still have some exciting meaningful football left and you'd be a fool to count us out.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
You can honsetly type with a straight face that this doesn't happen here after losses? You even implied we would be going one and done in the playoffs just a few pages back.

You can't fault anyone for having a negative attitude considering how the season went.

I certainly can, as should anyone who was alive from 2002-2007.

At the end of the day, the #1 goal in this league is to win a Super Bowl. At least for the fans it is, or should be.
The goal of the Ravens coming into this season was to win a Super Bowl.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that in the long run, going 2 and done every single year is good enough.

And until we actually HAVEN'T won a Super Bowl or are out of playoff contention... then maybe it'd, you know, actually be somewhat supportive of the team after a loss... maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
I actually missed the play where Yanda went down. Just saw someone laying on the ground. Wow...

That said, I don't think we'll lose much from inserting McKinnie for Oher at this point. Honestly, I would rather we move Oher to OG and see how he does at that spot. But since the logical/likely thing is to have him play RT... we'll likely shift KO inside to RG. Honestly I'm more concerned about Oher potentially stepping in for KO on the right side than with KO stepping in for Yanda.

They're just going to start Bobbie Williams at RG if yanda can't play, I'd almost guarantee it. Only almost because they've made a couple of surprising OL moves this year. They aren't going to make big changes like shifting Oher to RG though.
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
You can honsetly type with a straight face that this doesn't happen here after losses? You even implied we would be going one and done in the playoffs just a few pages back.

You can't fault anyone for having a negative attitude considering how the season went.

At the end of the day, the #1 goal in this league is to win a Super Bowl. At least for the fans it is, or should be.

I'm sorry, but I don't think that in the long run, going 2 and done every single year is good enough.

Noone says win one, lose one in the playoffs is enough. But it does mean that we are in the hunt every year and sometimes that's all you can ask for due to the "way the ball bounces" unpredictability of the playoffs. It's like soccer, the more good shots you take, eventually some are going to get by.

Not everyone can win the SB every year. The best coaches of all time fail more than they succeed in this respect. If a guy is constantly getting there and winning in the playoffs, firing him may be one of the worst ways to get over the hump.

This team isn't stuck at "mediocre." They've consistently been among the best teams in the league year after year. If we keep this up, eventually I see no reason that we can't win it all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
I actually missed the play where Yanda went down. Just saw someone laying on the ground. Wow...

That said, I don't think we'll lose much from inserting McKinnie for Oher at this point. Honestly, I would rather we move Oher to OG and see how he does at that spot. But since the logical/likely thing is to have him play RT... we'll likely shift KO inside to RG. Honestly I'm more concerned about Oher potentially stepping in for KO on the right side than with KO stepping in for Yanda.

They're just going to start Bobbie Williams at RG if yanda can't play, I'd almost guarantee it. Only almost because they've made a couple of surprising OL moves this year. They aren't going to make big changes like shifting Oher to RG though.
Hasn't Oher plyed RG for us though? It's not like we'd be moving him to a position he isn't familiar with.

EDIT: I meant RT, didn't realize you guys were talking about moving Oher to RG

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
Muy Oheribble

Last edited by ravens_rool28 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
nevermore

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

And until we actually HAVEN'T won a Super Bowl or are out of playoff contention... then maybe it'd, you know, actually be somewhat supportive of the team after a loss... maybe?

I doubt it makes any difference to the team whether I'm supportive or not.

If you're constantly performing below expectations people are going to be angry. And that's not exclusive to the NFL.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We had a perfect gameplan for the most dynamic QB in the game. We outplayed them. Then the unexpected happened. You are basically declaring the season over because a QB we weren't expecting to see had two great plays and we gave up a long return. It isn't that dramatic.

Really hope Yanda is okay.

Free Ray Rice
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravens_rool28 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:

Hasn't Oher plyed RG for us though? It's not like we'd be moving him to a position he isn't familiar with.

EDIT: I meant RT, didn't realize you guys were talking about moving Oher to RG

Moving him to RT would be different but that would still be a lot of change for the OL this late in the season. Different starters at 3 different positions (McKinnie at LT, Osemele at RG, and Oher at RT) is too much to be realistic in my opinion. That's not to say I wouldn't support some big changes I just don't see it happening.
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

How did it go? Enough people predicted this team wouldn't even make it back to the playoffs after Suggs went down and with us being in a division with the Steelers. We weren't even suppose to be 9-4.

And with each passing week we've been called frauds because we've found a way to win.

Honestly, if we turn this season around and win out, I'm glad we were able to have these struggles now. This team should plays best under adversity. This pressure of HAVING to win out to get the #2 seed should honestly keep them motivated going into the playoffs. There's still plenty of time to regain momentum for this season and to get the job done.

This is where I'm at. Would I rather we go 16-0 and cruise through the playoffs? Yes. Is that ever realistic? No. Have we looked poor these past two weeks, seemingly coughing up games we could have won? Absolutely. But there's still time and I believe this team is still a contender. In no way am I saying we should be parading through NFL Gen declaring ourselves the SB favorites, but at the same time we have zero reason to be ashamed of this team.

Honestly, the only difference between now and the first half of the sesaon is that we are now losing these close games instead of lucking our way to victories. If teams don't choke away games like SD or Dallas did, they can and obviously will beat us.

It hasn't JUST been the past two weeks, it's been the majority of the season, but those mistakes and horrible games are masked by the giant "W" in front of them.

So we can luck our way into victories, but it's not lucking our way into losses? Interesting, but not surprising.

Flip the script for a second. If we were all Skins fans, you would absolutely be talking about how we got lucky that the Ravens turned the ball over, then allowed us to get a long punt return (the JAcoby Jones TD that made the difference has been held against us and you know it) putting us in position to win.

What I'm saying is that we played poorly most of the season, the only difference is that now the games that we somehow won because of the other team choking are now becoming games that we are losing because other teams aren't making those mistakes against us.

We accepted the "just find ways to win" mentality, and now that mentality is coming back to bite us because we haven't improved, haven't adjusted, and those games where we just relied on the other team to collapse are now becoming games that we lose because we aren't willing to be aggressive and WIN games.

I would equate this to playing a full prevent defense in basketball; you're not playing to win, you're playing not to lose.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
Alright. I'm chiming in here.

This year more so than the last two I'm just along for the ride. We have had some gut wrenching losses but We've had some fun memorable games this season. Beating the pats at home with torrey coming off hos tragic loss. Talk about favrelike. NFL film vault right there. Come from behind win at qualcomm. Awesome I was pacing the living room for a solid half hour. Not to mention hanging a fifty Burger on Oakland.

anyway point I'm trying to make. This team isn't the team of last year but if your hanging on that it sure makes it a miserable football season. Sit back enjoy the ride. We still have some exciting meaningful football left and you'd be a fool to count us out.

This. I mean this team has successfully been trolling EVERYONE (including us fans) this whole season. Did people honestly believe we would wrap up the AFCN and get the 2nd seed... and do it the "easy" way?

Last year we had to deal with losing to a host of teams we shouldn't have lost to. This year we've had to deal with injuries that should have shattered our playoff chances and we've held firm and steady. So what if we've lost the past two weeks.

At the beginning of the season I make one goal for this team... 3-1... I've said that before. Through each quarter of the season, just go 3-1... because at 12-4 you'll have a great chance at winning a bye for the playoffs. We still control our destinies to reach that magical number. Winning 3 games going into the playoffs and getting a bye would be HUGE momentum to take with us.

But like I said, this team has been the troll of the NFL all season long. I'm honestly not too worried about this team because for some reason... I just feel like the football gods are going to give us the best chances to win, when it will [inappropriate/removed] the most people off. Us losing these past two weeks is just "proving" everyone else right. And I bet after this week, Vegas will pick us to lose at home to the Broncos... so we'll probably beat them on some "lucky" play and upset them and the collective NFL fandom.

And then at home against the Giants, we'll probably find some way to [inappropriate/removed] people off some more. I'm honestly not even mad at this loss. Did I wish we could handle business? Sure. But I feel like this team just has some sort of extra sense of togetherness- and luck that power this team. Some extra intangible that I find it hard to doubt. It's just such an overall "team" and I'll support them until they give me a sufficient reason why I shouldn't.

Last edited by diamondbull424 on Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@DB: I assumed when we were gifted the AFCN essentially for two-weeks in a row, we'd capitalize on it. When you're a team decimated by injuries, the last two games are games you can't afford to lose...and we lost both.

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'd say he's [Dennis Pitta] the fourth best TE in the division... Cameron > Miller > Gresham > Eiffert = Pitta
sp6488

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
sp6488 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

How did it go? Enough people predicted this team wouldn't even make it back to the playoffs after Suggs went down and with us being in a division with the Steelers. We weren't even suppose to be 9-4.

And with each passing week we've been called frauds because we've found a way to win.

Honestly, if we turn this season around and win out, I'm glad we were able to have these struggles now. This team should plays best under adversity. This pressure of HAVING to win out to get the #2 seed should honestly keep them motivated going into the playoffs. There's still plenty of time to regain momentum for this season and to get the job done.

This is where I'm at. Would I rather we go 16-0 and cruise through the playoffs? Yes. Is that ever realistic? No. Have we looked poor these past two weeks, seemingly coughing up games we could have won? Absolutely. But there's still time and I believe this team is still a contender. In no way am I saying we should be parading through NFL Gen declaring ourselves the SB favorites, but at the same time we have zero reason to be ashamed of this team.

Honestly, the only difference between now and the first half of the sesaon is that we are now losing these close games instead of lucking our way to victories. If teams don't choke away games like SD or Dallas did, they can and obviously will beat us.

It hasn't JUST been the past two weeks, it's been the majority of the season, but those mistakes and horrible games are masked by the giant "W" in front of them.

So we can luck our way into victories, but it's not lucking our way into losses? Interesting, but not surprising.

Flip the script for a second. If we were all Skins fans, you would absolutely be talking about how we got lucky that the Ravens turned the ball over, then allowed us to get a long punt return (the JAcoby Jones TD that made the difference has been held against us and you know it) putting us in position to win.

What I'm saying is that we played poorly most of the season, the only difference is that now the games that we somehow won because of the other team choking are now becoming games that we are losing because other teams aren't making those mistakes against us.

We accepted the "just find ways to win" mentality, and now that mentality is coming back to bite us because we haven't improved, haven't adjusted, and those games where we just relied on the other team to collapse are now becoming games that we lose because we aren't willing to be aggressive and WIN games.

I would equate this to playing a full prevent defense in basketball; you're not playing to win, you're playing not to lose.

See, this is where I have a problem with your analysis and really sportstalk as a whole more and more these days. It's always "did x team win or did y team lose the game?" If y made mistakes that x didn't, save for some very specific situations, then x is a better team and deserved to win. Part of being a good team is not making mistakes that other teams make. Teams will make mistakes. It's not simply some sign of a fatal flaw on the part of the Ravens when they make mistakes, yet miraculous good fortune when other teams make mistakes.

Again, flip the script why were we lucky before to win against teams that "choked." By all measures, we "choked" today, so aren't the Redskins "lucky" to have won? I think they played the better game today and deserved to win (while we SHOULD have won). My point is that you seem to want to discredit our close wins but paint our close losses as signs that we are bad. It's like everything the Ravens do is handicapped. A close win counts as a loss and a close loss counts as a sign that this team can never win a SB as currently constructed.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
nevermore wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
nevermore wrote:
sp6488 wrote:

I doubt it makes any difference to the team whether I'm supportive or not.

If you're constantly performing below expectations people are going to be angry. And that's not exclusive to the NFL.

By all accounts, expectations had this team at 7-9 to 9-7 in preseason. Whose expectations are we referring to exactly? If its your expectations, then I suppose I can only argue that perhaps your expectations simply weren't very realistic. We lost our DPOY, had Ngata banged up for 1/3 of the season, we lost Webb early in the year, we lost Ray Lewis... we were dealing with defensive turnover at key positions with a lot of inexperienced starters. Our offense retained Cam Cameron and most didn't expect Jones to be nearly as much of a playmaker as he has been.

So honestly, expectations? Most people can't even figure out HOW this team is in its current position record wise. That to me says a lot about how we've been overachieving. You don't fight through all that we've been through this season and keep winning unless you're exceeding expectations. Two losses does not a disappointment make.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do our fans appreciate this mediocrity? Or should I say defend it? I'm not with paying a guy 15M a year who won't play four quarters of football consistently. Better off finding a stop-gap type guy (preferably Vick or Palmer) and draft a guy. Idc if we take a step back, maybe we need too. We need to start off fresh because it seems Joe Flacco isn't learning from previous mistakes, which is annoying for a guy who's going into his SIXTH year.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
drd23

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
I'm digging 4th place to be honest. I'd rather face Indy than PIT or CIN.

I certainly don't.

I don't want anything to do with playing a team that will be as motivated as they will be. They've got the emotional strength from Chuckstrong, the "Nobody Believed In Us" factor seeing as people were pegging them to be picking in the top 10 again and familiar players wanting to play well against their old team.

I'd much rather face the known team in Cincy or Pitt

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 35 of 39

Jump to: