Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

After Sunday, it's Chip Kelly or Bust
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: After Sunday, it's Chip Kelly or Bust Reply with quote

How is everyone doing today? I know I wasn't in the GDT today(first time all season I couldn't be) mainly because my DirectTV decided it hates me, and I could only watch flashes of the game at a neighbor's house.

But I caught pretty much all of the 2nd quarter in which we were outscored 3-20 en route to losing yet another game. I've been on Munchak's, Palmer's, and Gray's butt all season long I'm sure everyone here knows that. Well Gray has stepped up the plate in the past 5 games, and Palmer was appropriately fired.

There is no one left to blame Munchak.

Munchak your tail is up to the plate and your currently on strike number 2.

I could get into why Munchak is an emotionless drone of a coach who has no idea what he's doing, but since everyone is aware of that I won't bother. I've only got 4 words to leave in everyone's mind after this pathetic display of a game.

Chip Kelly or bust.

And if not Chip it better be a damn good selection. Since it seems like Gruden wants to have nothing to do with the college scene(has turned downed nearly every offer)despite still being adamant about returning to coaching, and his ESPN contract is still going to expire, maybe we can snag him, because Bud is willing to shell out the cash he wants.
TitanSS

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gruden is overrated. Pass.
FootballProdiG

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanSS wrote:
Gruden is overrated. Pass.

Overrated? Bro, Munchak is not the answer in TN and will never be. It's a plan B. What if Chip decides to go to another team?

Teams that are losing their coach after this season

Panthers
Philly
San Diego
Possibly Jax(but he's a rookie coach)
Possibly Raiders(but he's a rookie coach)

And I'm sure there are some more I forgot.

Chip Kelly is going to be able to go wherever he wants. I said Chip Kelly or bust for a reason. I don't have Gruden that high on my list, but thinking that Chip Kelly is going to be gunning to come to Nashville in asinine. If Philly pays him what their paying Reid, it's a done deal.

Bud has this team by balls. If he doesn't shell out the Benjamin's we are going to have a coach that is no better than Munchak.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol, Jon Gruden is a joke. He turned the most talented team in the NFL in to one of the worst.

Not sure how I feel on Chip Kelly.
SpaceAgePimp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What about Andy Reid? He's a good coach, anyone think he'll jump right for another job or take a year off, like Fish?

BostonZombie

"Love it or leave it: God bless America" -Ricky Stanzi

Adopt-A-Titan:
Matt Hasselbeck
Tommie Campbell
VinceYoung1010

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love Andy Reid, his team is dysfunctional and he had an extremely tough year personally, but the man can coach. You could do a lot worse.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching what he's done with the Rams, I'm wishing we would have never ran off Fisher. I know tempers flared here, but a lot of the problem was Vince Young.

Oh well, I guess. He's sitting back laughing at us now.
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:
After watching what he's done with the Rams, I'm wishing we would have never ran off Fisher. I know tempers flared here, but a lot of the problem was Vince Young.

Fisher's time with this team had run out. He's not done that much with the Rams as of now. That team is loaded with talent before he ever got there.
s_camp

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TitanLegend wrote:

Yeah he can still coach, but I think he was done with this franchise. Bud forcing the pick, then forcing Vince into the lineup... I think that shattered Fisher's giveadamn vis-a-vis the Titans.

I agree that Vince was the majority of the problem.
TitanLegend

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

titansNvolsR#1 wrote:
TitanLegend wrote:

Fisher's time with this team had run out. He's not done that much with the Rams as of now. That team is loaded with talent before he ever got there.

I understand that, but if Bud actually let him build the team up the way he wanted to, we wouldn't be where we are. Bud saw what he could do when he let him build his own team in the late 90s..dunno why he wouldn't let him do it again. Instead he butts his head in and forces him to take VY.

And something is obviously different about the Rams, and the only thing that changed was the coaching staff, so you tell me. They could lose out at this point and still consider it a great season compared to what they were in 2011.
-Munch-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is Chip Kelly for sure going to leave for the nfl or is this total speculation
titansNvolsR#1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

-Munch- wrote:
Is Chip Kelly for sure going to leave for the nfl or is this total speculation

UO fans seems to think he's for sure gone.
Blazed-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Probably going to the panthers to coach Cam
ttitansfan4life

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Chip is not coming here. Never would he even consider us.

Driver of the Brad Kaaya Hype Train
Adopt-A-Titan:
Bishop Sankey
DaQuan Jones
capton cutclass

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon Gruden has one of the highest football IQ's of all time. Period. Thats the only reason he is one of the youngest head coaches ever.

Now, wether or not that makes him a good head coach & good leader for our football team is up to debate.

Personally I don't see how you can blame him for everything that happened in Tampa Bay. That core roster was aging. Just like Indianapolis with Dungy, you only have so big of a window with a team and Indianapolis has seemingly done a good job & gotten very "LUCK-Y" (pardon the pun) at re-tooling from Dungy-Manning era to the new Luck-Pagano-Arians era.

Gruden coached two aging teams. Oakland was very high in age & so was Tampa Bay. Both teams weren't going to be dynasties anytime soon because all of their key players needed replacing within a few years.

Personally I like Gruden. The man loves the game, is passionate. His football IQ is off the charts. He seems like a good leader and is still pretty young considering.

A 30 something year old Gruden may not be as good as an older Jon Gruden. I think he is the best coach available. And I don't know about anyone else but I don't really want to go over this again every few years. Fall in love with a coach and slowly realize he can't get the job done. Gruden can come in here make an impact from day 1 & hopefully we won't have to do this year after year.

Phillies 2008 + 2009 National League Champs
Congrats CJ2K!
RIP Steve McNair

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tennessee Titans All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: