Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions to take another WR Early in the Draft....?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mijags

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i know this isnt going to be a popular stance here, but actually, id love it if mayhew want for broke and signed mike wallace this offseason........at least then stafford would have no excuse for not finding one of his premier targets open........is it a realistic scenario? probably not, but one can dream.......
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mijags wrote:
i know this isnt going to be a popular stance here, but actually, id love it if mayhew want for broke and signed mike wallace this offseason........at least then stafford would have no excuse for not finding one of his premier targets open........is it a realistic scenario? probably not, but one can dream.......

I'd have no problem with that if they had the cap room to do so and if they didn't have so many holes opening up. They would probably have to trade Suh to open up cap room for a move like that, though. But, if they could make it work somehow I'd like it.
Ryan L

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed..........there are a lotta holes that will need work. IMO I would prefer that we fill the greatest area of need with FA signings like S or CB where resigning the serviceable guys we currently have and know are worth having ie SLH. We have the best WR in the league and as such we can get away with less experienced talent around him such as rookie WR. Our secondary would benifit more from a vet as opposed to a rook coming into the league learning the league and the system. Again that's just my opinion when talking about adding a WR in the draft. I love the Patterson thought even Hunter or that type of 2-3 player. I hate that the thought of picking a WR has to even be mentioned but we are at a thin and almost comical state right now with our WR depth. I love the talent we had with Nate, Broyles, even the head case, (but he has to go). So retain what we had or add.
My preference is the draft for WR.
cibowilson

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a feeling Robert Woods is going to be a Lion.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: