Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

is Urlacher done?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
vike daddy

Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

The hamstring tear that has sidelined Brian Urlacher could end the future Hall of Famer's career, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

The Chicago Bears middle linebacker has a Grade 2 hamstring tear that typically keeps players out 3-6 weeks. It's a possibility that Urlacher is not ready to return before Bears season is over -- whether that's in the regular season or playoffs.

Sources told Schefter "it's not out of the realm of possibility" Urlacher could retire after the season. He'll be a free agent in the spring and has had no "substantial" talks with the organization. That could mean Urlacher has played his final game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107709/article/brian-urlachers-bears-career-reportedly-in-jeopardy

Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
CBears019

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying that this is his last year since the offseason. This injury only adds to my suspicion.

It'll be a sad day in Chicago when 54 isn't in the middle of that defense.

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Badger75

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been great to watch. Start the HoF speech. One of the Top Ten All Time Bears.
AZBearsFan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The hamstring tear that has sidelined Brian Urlacher could end the future Hall of Famer's career, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

The Chicago Bears middle linebacker has a Grade 2 hamstring tear that typically keeps players out 3-6 weeks. It's a possibility that Urlacher is not ready to return before Bears season is over -- whether that's in the regular season or playoffs.

Sources told Schefter "it's not out of the realm of possibility" Urlacher could retire after the season. He'll be a free agent in the spring and has had no "substantial" talks with the organization. That could mean Urlacher has played his final game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107709/article/brian-urlachers-bears-career-reportedly-in-jeopardy

Depends on how fast he heals and how far we go. Could be though.

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
bearsaddict

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
pack4to84

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
You really think he would play in the first playoff game?
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.
reportedly there is an outside chance of him returning this week, I think he probably sits the rest of the regular season out and will play in the playoffs. I think this is probably it for him though, sad to say.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
reportedly there is an outside chance of him returning this week, I think he probably sits the rest of the regular season out and will play if we make the playoffs. I think this is probably it for him though, sad to say.

Wink
51to54

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that his knee and overall health, is a bigger factor than the hammy.
The hammy is a this season problem. The knee is a long term problem.

I don't think that his knee allows him to prepare properly in order to keep his game speed up. Especially, for a 34 year old MLB . So either he prepares enough and then the knee is too swollen to play or he saves the knee before the games and then doesn't have his game legs for the games.

In Lovie's defense, you can't hide the MLB who doesn't have his range anymore.
Nads786

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:

Clay is 26... and each person responds to injuries differently, we really have no idea how severe Urlachers injuries are vs Clay.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:

Since I expect a complete change of coaching staff after this debacle plays itself out, I am not convinced Urlacher might stay a year to help work the new guy into the system, if retained by the new coach. Or as a reminder of one of the greatest Bears.

I don't see him playing again this season if he tore the hammie.
IronMike84

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what his career's future holds, but it's pretty insulting when Chicagoans call him "old" and "done" in a derogatory manner, like he hasn't played his rear end off for and sacrificed his body this city for 12 years trying to bring home a title. A lot of that has gone on for several years now.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: