Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

is Urlacher done?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
vike daddy


Most Valuable Poster (2nd Ballot)

Joined: 12 Mar 2005
Posts: 74393
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

The hamstring tear that has sidelined Brian Urlacher could end the future Hall of Famer's career, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

The Chicago Bears middle linebacker has a Grade 2 hamstring tear that typically keeps players out 3-6 weeks. It's a possibility that Urlacher is not ready to return before Bears season is over -- whether that's in the regular season or playoffs.

Sources told Schefter "it's not out of the realm of possibility" Urlacher could retire after the season. He'll be a free agent in the spring and has had no "substantial" talks with the organization. That could mean Urlacher has played his final game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107709/article/brian-urlachers-bears-career-reportedly-in-jeopardy
_________________


Webmaster wrote:
Can we knock off all the nonsense and stick to football?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16688
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been saying that this is his last year since the offseason. This injury only adds to my suspicion.


It'll be a sad day in Chicago when 54 isn't in the middle of that defense.
_________________
👮

Adopt-a-Bear: Martellus Bennett, TE
Rec: 36 Yds: 364 TD: 4

AZBearsFan wrote:

He's a playmaker though, and we can use more of those in the Devin.Fart
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Badger75


Joined: 08 Apr 2008
Posts: 7309
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He has been great to watch. Start the HoF speech. One of the Top Ten All Time Bears.
_________________
"I have to keep playing so people over 40 will have somebody to root for on Sunday afternoons." George Blanda who played until he was 46
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AZBearsFan


Moderator
Joined: 04 Feb 2006
Posts: 10964
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject: Re: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The hamstring tear that has sidelined Brian Urlacher could end the future Hall of Famer's career, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

The Chicago Bears middle linebacker has a Grade 2 hamstring tear that typically keeps players out 3-6 weeks. It's a possibility that Urlacher is not ready to return before Bears season is over -- whether that's in the regular season or playoffs.

Sources told Schefter "it's not out of the realm of possibility" Urlacher could retire after the season. He'll be a free agent in the spring and has had no "substantial" talks with the organization. That could mean Urlacher has played his final game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107709/article/brian-urlachers-bears-career-reportedly-in-jeopardy

Depends on how fast he heals and how far we go. Could be though.
_________________

GRRLacher wrote:
I told you guys AZ was awesome...he in fact makes triple the pay I get for moderating here.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
bearsaddict


Joined: 26 Apr 2006
Posts: 3544
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
_________________
Here's to hoping Emery is NOTHING like Angelo.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
pack4to84


Joined: 05 Dec 2005
Posts: 371
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
You really think he would play in the first playoff game?
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 19294
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
You really think he would play in the first playoff game?
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.
reportedly there is an outside chance of him returning this week, I think he probably sits the rest of the regular season out and will play in the playoffs. I think this is probably it for him though, sad to say.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Atari-XXX


Joined: 16 Jul 2008
Posts: 2181
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
You really think he would play in the first playoff game?
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.
reportedly there is an outside chance of him returning this week, I think he probably sits the rest of the regular season out and will play if we make the playoffs. I think this is probably it for him though, sad to say.


Wink
_________________
Welcome To The Grind
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
51to54


Joined: 29 Jun 2008
Posts: 1529
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that his knee and overall health, is a bigger factor than the hammy.
The hammy is a this season problem. The knee is a long term problem.

I don't think that his knee allows him to prepare properly in order to keep his game speed up. Especially, for a 34 year old MLB . So either he prepares enough and then the knee is too swollen to play or he saves the knee before the games and then doesn't have his game legs for the games.

In Lovie's defense, you can't hide the MLB who doesn't have his range anymore.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4169
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pack4to84 wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
After this season, yes. I think he will play in the playoffs. Cool
You really think he would play in the first playoff game?
Clay Matthews has missed 6 weeks with the same injury and he is 23 years old. I'm sorry, a 34 year old is not making it back from this injury in less then 6 weeks.


Clay is 26... and each person responds to injuries differently, we really have no idea how severe Urlachers injuries are vs Clay.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7945
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Re: is Urlacher done? Reply with quote

vike daddy wrote:
The hamstring tear that has sidelined Brian Urlacher could end the future Hall of Famer's career, ESPN's Adam Schefter reported Sunday.

The Chicago Bears middle linebacker has a Grade 2 hamstring tear that typically keeps players out 3-6 weeks. It's a possibility that Urlacher is not ready to return before Bears season is over -- whether that's in the regular season or playoffs.

Sources told Schefter "it's not out of the realm of possibility" Urlacher could retire after the season. He'll be a free agent in the spring and has had no "substantial" talks with the organization. That could mean Urlacher has played his final game.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000107709/article/brian-urlachers-bears-career-reportedly-in-jeopardy
Since I expect a complete change of coaching staff after this debacle plays itself out, I am not convinced Urlacher might stay a year to help work the new guy into the system, if retained by the new coach. Or as a reminder of one of the greatest Bears.

I don't see him playing again this season if he tore the hammie.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
IronMike84


Joined: 17 Jun 2009
Posts: 7121
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know what his career's future holds, but it's pretty insulting when Chicagoans call him "old" and "done" in a derogatory manner, like he hasn't played his rear end off for and sacrificed his body this city for 12 years trying to bring home a title. A lot of that has gone on for several years now.
_________________
Rotoworld.com wrote:
...internet mock drafts, which have ridiculously become the measuring stick for where players are "supposed" to go.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group