Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

What If We Let Flacco Walk?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well I hope Ray and Jimmy Smith can fix our schematic issues on defense and Flacco's inconsistency and Cam's play-calling and scheme on offense, otherwise we're in trouble.

Honestly, I don't see them helping much. The D has been playing better without them really. You just know Jimmy will be out there biting at the stop and go

He was the worst rated CB in the NFL before his injury. He won't help this team at all this year.

As for Ray, he was getting blown up in the run game and obviously he's not as good as he was once was in the passing game.

Everyone seems to be hyping up these guys returning, but all I see is their return hurting us, really.

Though Jimmy has been a disappointment thus far, he's still better than Corey Graham.

Ray will at least give us a rotation of 3 LBs to keep them fresh -- I see Ellerbe getting more PT and Ray and McClain splitting some duties.

They aren't game changers, but they help for sure.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Well I hope Ray and Jimmy Smith can fix our schematic issues on defense and Flacco's inconsistency and Cam's play-calling and scheme on offense, otherwise we're in trouble.

Honestly, I don't see them helping much. The D has been playing better without them really. You just know Jimmy will be out there biting at the stop and go

He was the worst rated CB in the NFL before his injury. He won't help this team at all this year.

As for Ray, he was getting blown up in the run game and obviously he's not as good as he was once was in the passing game.

Everyone seems to be hyping up these guys returning, but all I see is their return hurting us, really.

Though Jimmy has been a disappointment thus far, he's still better than Corey Graham.

Ray will at least give us a rotation of 3 LBs to keep them fresh -- I see Ellerbe getting more PT and Ray and McClain splitting some duties.

They aren't game changers, but they help for sure.

What exactly leads you to believe he's better than Corey Graham? Because he was a 1st rounder and Graham was a ST ace? Graham, although not playing THAT great himself, is still 10x better than Jimmy Smith was this year, and has 2 INT's compared to Jimmy's zero.

Ray you could argue might help a little bit, but I just don't see him really improving anything except for pre-snap duties.

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
What exactly leads you to believe he's better than Corey Graham? Because he was a 1st rounder and Graham was a ST ace? Graham, although not playing THAT great himself, is still 10x better than Jimmy Smith was this year, and has 2 INT's compared to Jimmy's zero.

It has nothing to do with draft status and everything to do with watching the games. While Jimmy was certainly burnt a few times on double moves, other than those, he really wasn't that bad. Graham on the other hand, while he has indeed grabbed those two picks and hasn't given up a big play, is quite often 3-4 steps behind his guy. He's not doing a great job in coverage thus far, he just hasn't been "burned" yet.

Quote:
Ray you could argue might help a little bit, but I just don't see him really improving anything except for pre-snap duties.

I think he can give us at least what McClain has thus far, on top of the pre-snap stuff, and on top of keeping a deeper ILB unit which will allow them to stay fresh.

^ I don't quite get why simon made this my losing sig about the Chiefs. I don't think I've made a single post in this forum.

XBL GT: kanxalanx
SnA ExclusiVe

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
SnA ExclusiVe wrote:

It has nothing to do with draft status and everything to do with watching the games. While Jimmy was certainly burnt a few times on double moves, other than those, he really wasn't that bad. Graham on the other hand, while he has indeed grabbed those two picks and hasn't given up a big play, is quite often 3-4 steps behind his guy. He's not doing a great job in coverage thus far, he just hasn't been "burned" yet.

Quote:

I think he can give us at least what McClain has thus far, on top of the pre-snap stuff, and on top of keeping a deeper ILB unit which will allow them to stay fresh.

See that just doesn't make sense to me. Graham may deflect less passes, but he makes plays; Jimmy does not. I will take a guy who gets burned a few times but still makes INT's rather than a guy who gets burned a few times and does not. Besides, as of right now Smith is listed as doubtful.

Yes, which doesn't equal "improving" anything, except for what I mentioned in his pre-snap recognitions and the obvious depth and rotation he now creates.

Official stalker victim of Harper41.
NJ Raven

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would I like a new QB? Yes. Is it rational or the best the for this team? No.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the gameday thread? I'd make one, but it wouldn't be nearly as good

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
Wait, we have a game tomorrow? I thought our season/the world ended because of last week's loss?
"The really important kind of freedom involves attention, and awareness, and discipline, and effort, and being able truly to care about other people and to sacrifice for them, over and over, in myriad petty little unsexy ways, every day.
StRawz11

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:
Wait, we have a game tomorrow? I thought our season/the world ended because of last week's loss?

Oh, it did? Wow I'm out of the loop here

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

StRawz11 wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
StRawz11 wrote:

Oh, it did? Wow I'm out of the loop here

You didn't here? Ravens are likely to lose out.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sp6488 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
GaTechRavens wrote:
Stance Punk wrote:
Smile Laughing we are still forgetting about Tyrod
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8J5a6qHLhBE

EDIT: Maybe Franchise Flacco(if a contract agreement isn't reached) and draft a 4th rd QB like Tyler Bray?

Congratulations, you just made me commit suicide.

Are you finished yet.. or might there be room for one more? Brick wall

It's a little uncomfortable fitting more than one person into this booth. But it's not like it'll matter, right? Hop on in!

Overcoming the awkwardness and squeezing in with you guys.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: