Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason cap info and Scar's offseason plan
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ShockdAtFalcons

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coors wrote:
I like that offseason plan, I don't really have many arguments at all.

I absolutely love the pickup of Jake Long to be our LT for many years to come, Long is a total stud. As far as Grimey goes, my favorite Falcon over the last couple of years, do you see any scenario that we are able to have him back? I know we have Asante and Dunta.. but Asante is no young pup.. and as much as I love Asante just as much if not more than most Falcons fans, because of his age he is just going to steadily regress.. just as every NFL player does when it comes to them getting older (well everyone execpt for Gonzo, age simply hasn't and won't slow him down). So having a guy like Asante who don't be around for that much longer, I wouldn't want to not have someone to be able to step in when we need it.. and that's one of the reasons I want to keep Grimes here.. because having a 3 CB trio in this era of football is very important.. and then when Asante is gone, we still would have 2 great CBs in him and Dunta. Grimey has been a perfect fit for our organization.. he's been great off the field, while seemingly being one of our more friendly guys in the locker room, had been growing into a leader, and from every report that he has one of if not the best work ethics on our entire team. He's a guy that I want in Atlanta for on and off the field reasons.
by the time next season starts Grimes will be 30, Dunta 31, and Samuel 32. You act as if Grimes will be around for years to come coming off a massive leg injury when they're all roughly the same age. Seeing as how we've already got Dunta and Asante under contract and they've been health(ier) than Grimes it makes sense to keep them and invest money elsewhere in hope that McClain can continue to step his game up. Also we could possibly draft another guy to compete in the secondary and basically just give up on Owens and Franks at this point except for possible dimeback/ST play

2013 Foster a falcon
SS William Moore: 85 Tackles, 3 FFs, 3 INTs.
WR Harry Douglas: 85 rec, 1,067 yards, 2 TDs.
Robust Perry

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love this if it happened but feel the draft has a few long shots in it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Atlanta Falcons All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: