Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Complete Mock offseason
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I have to point out is your comment that Linehans offence is number one in passing.

Would that not be expected from a team that leads in passing attempts?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
Whiffleballtony

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jrugges wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Bartell will sign for that cheap. I think the Raiders alone will offer a higher deal than that.(Where he's currently playing.)

Other than that though, solid mock. I like that idea of Jordan playing next to either Suh/Fairley. He's a real atheltic freak and with some real coaching at the position(DE). He can become something with technique adjustments and pass rushing moves. Not sure he's capable of playing OLB in a 4-3 front in the NFL. He's athletic sure but he's limited in his coverages. 6'7 Dion Jordan will have trouble running routes with some of the smaller TE's and pretty much any RB in space, imo. An a real miss-match if they happen to line up a slot WR against him. Just not a great idea to let Jordan play in that much space imo, 3-4 sure, 4-3. No.

Bartell is currently playing for 3 million and has missed several games as a result of injury. He may demand a bit more money but I can not imagine it being much more.

As for Jordan, we will have to agree to disagree. I think there is a chance that his height can be a disadvantage but he has covers WR in College and drops in coverage a lot.

Quote:
One thing I have to point out is your comment that Linehans offence is number one in passing.

So Linehan is doing what is expected...still do not see the problem. I think a lot of fans want change for chae sake. If Linehan was more aggressive in those leads and Stafford lost a game losing pick or there was are sack/fumble people would be up in arms as well despite the fact that he was more aggressive.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whiffleballtony wrote:
Jrugges wrote:
I have a hard time believing that Bartell will sign for that cheap. I think the Raiders alone will offer a higher deal than that.(Where he's currently playing.)

Other than that though, solid mock. I like that idea of Jordan playing next to either Suh/Fairley. He's a real atheltic freak and with some real coaching at the position(DE). He can become something with technique adjustments and pass rushing moves. Not sure he's capable of playing OLB in a 4-3 front in the NFL. He's athletic sure but he's limited in his coverages. 6'7 Dion Jordan will have trouble running routes with some of the smaller TE's and pretty much any RB in space, imo. An a real miss-match if they happen to line up a slot WR against him. Just not a great idea to let Jordan play in that much space imo, 3-4 sure, 4-3. No.

Bartell is currently playing for 3 million and has missed several games as a result of injury. He may demand a bit more money but I can not imagine it being much more.

As for Jordan, we will have to agree to disagree. I think there is a chance that his height can be a disadvantage but he has covers WR in College and drops in coverage a lot.

Quote:

So Linehan is doing what is expected...still do not see the problem. I think a lot of fans want change for chae sake. If Linehan was more aggressive in those leads and Stafford lost a game losing pick or there was are sack/fumble people would be up in arms as well despite the fact that he was more aggressive.

Is Linehan really doing what is expected?

I'm not in favour of firing Linehan simply because I believe Stafford needs him for continuity in his development.

I think expectations should legitimately be higher. The Lions throw a ridiculous amount. They lead the league in passing yards but that doesn't sy much when you look at Staffords completion percentage and yards per completion.

I don't think the passing numbers are in any way indicative of a reason to keep Linehan.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: