Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2013 NFL Draft/Free Agency Thread II Sparkly Edition
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 55, 56, 57  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
atran35

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I did notice in the 2nd half was WITTEN playing on the line to widen the pass rush on the right side so Free could get more time to set his feet. This is unfortunate. We normally do this to elite pass rushers on the left side. Hell we might have to keep Witten in the back field to help with the blocks.
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having a hard time seeing us affording to spend a pick on a QB this year. Especially bacause a lot probably is going to be taken a bit earlier because it's a little bit of a weak class..
But next year, I defintly would take a long hard look at Zach Mettenberger. Since we probably will end up picking at 32 (Very Happy) next year, I would go for him in the first round (offcourse depends of his play next season).

He will be 22 at the draft, He got all the tools to be a succesfull NFL QB. After spending 2-4 years on the bench with Romo as his mentor to learn him about all the things he does so good pre-snap, I really could see Mettenberger turn into a something real great.

This season, I think that we have to settle with looking for some good UDFA quarterback prospects and focus on getting some players who will contribute to next season.
atran35

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending where we fall in the draft, I feel we will either draft a RT or OG in the 1st. 2nd will be the D line. Without Ratliff, they are getting pushed around alot. Hopefully, a quality NT.

3rd round is a toss up. WR and TE seem solid. RB/Center/DE/OLB is what I would look at.

I know we all addressed Safety as a need but I think Jerry believes in Sensabaugh/Church/McCray. I don't think he'll be looking to draft a safety till later rounds.
CT Cowboy Fan

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised there hasn't been much talk around here abou Sheldon Richardson. He's 6'4" 295, prototype size for the 5 tech. The couple games that I saw he was always around the ball, even if it was a 20 yard gain he hustled down the field. High motor, great push on passing downs and he plays through the whistle. If the OL prospects like Warmack/Cooper are off the board when we pick I'd like to take a flyer on this guy.

http://youtu.be/ShSiAvIX1Jc

http://youtu.be/nM-Zfc5I-P8

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

atran35 wrote:
Depending where we fall in the draft, I feel we will either draft a RT or OG in the 1st. 2nd will be the D line. Without Ratliff, they are getting pushed around alot. Hopefully, a quality NT.

3rd round is a toss up. WR and TE seem solid. RB/Center/DE/OLB is what I would look at.

I know we all addressed Safety as a need but I think Jerry believes in Sensabaugh/Church/McCray. I don't think he'll be looking to draft a safety till later rounds.

Don't see us getting pushed more around with Brent then we do with Ratliff. IMO, defensive end are a bigger need.
Would love a real pass rushing threat at DE while having Brent and Lissemore share duties at NT. Brent most on running downs, Lissemore on passing plays. Lissemore would also get a lot of snaps at DE on running downs. And if Spencer is gone as I expect, OLB is a bigger need I think.

Also don't feel like we should be looking at RT. The issues Free has probably can be fixed, it's his technique he has troubles with, especially his first punch where he often grabs and goes in a power battle (which he will lose most of the time) or misplaces his punch. Since he is neither strong or fast out of his stance, that punch is crucial for him. This is something he has mastered before, and I do have believe in that he will be able to do it again. I defintly have more believe in him then Burnadeau.. even tho he haven't had the same quickness as before. the cap hit we will take if we cut him as someone else pointed out, also makes it a bad decision cap wise to look after a replacement. We would be paying 13 million dollars for a player who isnt even on the roster. Free has the ablility to be a good player, we all know that. And right now, I have a hard time seeing how we can afford to not hope for him being better next season. we can't give up on him..
If Free continues to suck, I hope we bench him somewhere early in the seasons last game just to let him know that he better be prepared next season.
atran35

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm hoping we can clear enough cap space to get back Spencer. Move Ratliff to DE and start Brent. If that's the case then 1st RT( depending what we do with Free ) or OG. 2nd DE. 3rd OC/RB/S/NT/DE. 4th the same as 3rd.
buckwild

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/9/9/2413057/cowboys-sign-ratliff-to-contract-extension

Doubt Ratliff gets cut this offseason.

Thanks Mike23md for the Sig
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

buckwild wrote:
http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2011/9/9/2413057/cowboys-sign-ratliff-to-contract-extension

Doubt Ratliff gets cut this offseason.

From the same article

Quote:
Ratliff's contract is therefore likely structured in such a way as to ensure that the Cowboys retain their financial flexibility down the line.

^^^Deadpulse
atran35

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well with the horrible news about Josh Brent...NT will prob. be a 2nd round pick as this point.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would really like to see Dallas land Terrance Knighton (JAC) - NT in the off-season.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I would really like to see Dallas land Terrance Knighton (JAC) - NT in the off-season.

I have thought about Knighton a little bit. What are your thoughts, TO?

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

flyingmonkey30 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

I have thought about Knighton a little bit. What are your thoughts, TO?

He's been awful this year - which resulted in his benching. The fact he came in overweight absolutely impacted his play.

However, he is a fantastic run-stuffer. His ability to eat up blocks would be really valuable to Hatcher and our other DE's. It would also provide Rat a actual individual to spell him or even allow Rat to be our back up and come in on clear passing downs. It would enhance our front while in the nickle and provide a stout rotation along the DL.

He's young. So his best days are still ahead of him and he could become the replacement we have been so desperately looking for.

In Redball I Trust!
DaBoys

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want!!

The guy was a stone wall today!! Yes I know him and Rob had words, but that's just loveee baby.....

Probably one of the best run blocking tackles in the league....

Did you see him?

He was immovable!!

Matts4313 wrote:
I agree with daboys, some of you might be insane.

The_Slamman wrote:
Daboys is right.

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
BTW, DaBoys wins this thread.
matt79511

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assuming they can keep Spencer and don't have to make Austin a cap casualty... is there any reason for this team to designate any of their resources to anything BUT the trenches? Seriously. I'm at a loss. Maybe a QB prospect and a backup runningback, but that's it. DBs are fine, LBs are monstrous, skill players are great... OL is pathetic and DL is depleted.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

matt79511 wrote:
Assuming they can keep Spencer and don't have to make Austin a cap casualty... is there any reason for this team to designate any of their resources to anything BUT the trenches? Seriously. I'm at a loss. Maybe a QB prospect and a backup runningback, but that's it. DBs are fine, LBs are monstrous, skill players are great... OL is pathetic and DL is depleted.

Safety?

In Redball I Trust!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35 ... 55, 56, 57  Next
Page 34 of 57

Jump to: