Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Free Agency Thread - V 3.0
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 77, 78, 79  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preacher wrote:
Crazy thought....if Carson P retires.

Do we want to pick up Alex Smith from the 49's?

He would die behind our line. The 9ers were perfect for him in recent years b/c they were so good up front and he wasn't asked to do much. For us, it would be the opposite. He'd be asked to do A LOT behind a crappy line. Not for me.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Veldheer is OK at LT. Hasn't been a good year. You only move him to RT if you can land somebody better. Really depends on the options at RT in Free Agency.

Why's that? We pass the ball 41 times per game. Good for 3rd most in the league. We run the ball 21 times per game. Good for last in the league.

How many sacks and holding penalties has JV accounted for? On top of having the most one dimensional offense in the league, we have one of the least mobile QB's as well. JV has the hardest LT job in the league in only his 3rd season, yet he's more then holding his own.

Ehhh, let's not get crazy. He doesn't surrender a lot of sacks or hold a lot but he let's up a good amount of pressure.

Somebody recently put up a stat of how many yards we rush for for each direction (to the left, up the middle, to the right) and the left side had the lowest. His run blocking has been an issue when you watch him. Part of it is he's not a fit for the ZBS. Veldheer has given up a few sacks At least 5 and gave up that fumble in Atlanta. He's ok, nothing special at LT. Struggles with speed rushers which is why I think he'll be a better fit on the right side, but only if we can find THE guy at LT.

This. This exactly. I think Joeckel could be THE guy or at least the best shot we have at finding THE guy.

Darkness, you said Veldheer is more than holding his own, but 'more than holding his own' would be better than his current level of play. He gives up a lot of pressure and struggles against above average pass rushers. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he's only about average right now. I think taking the best LT prospect would be an upgrade at LT. After some time, that is. That's the point.

Chali21, I'm fine with them taking the lumps at first. Solidifying our offensive tackles would be great to build with, especially with 2 young guys. I understand what the short term implications of that are. We know this rebuilding thing is going to take time anyway, so why not do it the right way? Look how long it took the Texans. Rome wasn't built in a day. I realize this could be hard to go through as a fan but we've tried the whole get good fast method a few times and look where it's gotten us. Its time to try it another way. Just gotta grin and bear it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
Preacher wrote:

He would die behind our line. The 9ers were perfect for him in recent years b/c they were so good up front and he wasn't asked to do much. For us, it would be the opposite. He'd be asked to do A LOT behind a crappy line. Not for me.

Sure, I would love to be in a position to draft Jadevon Clowney next year.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get this whole thing with Texas. Up until last year they never even made the playoffs and the only reason they made it last year was because Manning was hurt. I know they look good now but they only played 4 teams with winning records,let's wait until the playoffs to see if they are a good team.
RunDmc23

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Preacher wrote:

amen to that Star and Clowney back to back picks would be way nice
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why didnt/dont we make a move for anthony hargrove. imo he could help our d-line a lot.

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN >>>>>> all of you
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Preacher wrote:

So you want the #1 overall pick next year? Something tells me this forum would break the internet.

He's the next Julius Peppers. He could have gone pro out of high school. He's simply amazing.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

macklemore wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Preacher wrote:

I love Clowney as a prospect already. I think he'll be great but if we're still staring at that top spot and Alex Smith is our QB, we're going QB, and unfortunately Clowney doesn't play that position haha....

But man... Clowney and Star/Hankins is the making of one of the best lines in football...... for a LONG time.

PM sig requests.
Dessie

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#Packers announce roster moves: Team has signed DT Jordan Miller to the active roster from the practice squad and released LB Vic So'oto.

TiberiusRising will be interested.
#clueless
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Quote:
#Packers announce roster moves: Team has signed DT Jordan Miller to the active roster from the practice squad and released LB Vic So'oto.

Packers FO is garbage. They release So'oto twice now. What are they thinking.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
macklemore wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
Preacher wrote:

I love Clowney as a prospect already. I think he'll be great but if we're still staring at that top spot and Alex Smith is our QB, we're going QB, and unfortunately Clowney doesn't play that position haha....

But man... Clowney and Star/Hankins is the making of one of the best lines in football...... for a LONG time.

Am I allowed to jizz in my pants at this thought? OMGoodness this will be the best thing to have happened to us since... Shocked
Totty

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

big_palooka wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Quote:

We released Rolando McClain, then changed our minds. In the public eye no less. Laughing

First Steve Jobs, Now Al Davis.. God must be building something.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Totty wrote:
big_palooka wrote:
Dessie wrote:
Quote:

We released Rolando McClain, then changed our minds. In the public eye no less. Laughing

Well to be fair, he was never released. He just said he was, then retracted the statement. Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Silver&Black88 wrote:
Darkness wrote:
RaiderX wrote:
Veldheer is OK at LT. Hasn't been a good year. You only move him to RT if you can land somebody better. Really depends on the options at RT in Free Agency.

Why's that? We pass the ball 41 times per game. Good for 3rd most in the league. We run the ball 21 times per game. Good for last in the league.

How many sacks and holding penalties has JV accounted for? On top of having the most one dimensional offense in the league, we have one of the least mobile QB's as well. JV has the hardest LT job in the league in only his 3rd season, yet he's more then holding his own.

Ehhh, let's not get crazy. He doesn't surrender a lot of sacks or hold a lot but he let's up a good amount of pressure.

Somebody recently put up a stat of how many yards we rush for for each direction (to the left, up the middle, to the right) and the left side had the lowest. His run blocking has been an issue when you watch him. Part of it is he's not a fit for the ZBS. Veldheer has given up a few sacks At least 5 and gave up that fumble in Atlanta. He's ok, nothing special at LT. Struggles with speed rushers which is why I think he'll be a better fit on the right side, but only if we can find THE guy at LT.

This. This exactly. I think Joeckel could be THE guy or at least the best shot we have at finding THE guy.

Darkness, you said Veldheer is more than holding his own, but 'more than holding his own' would be better than his current level of play. He gives up a lot of pressure and struggles against above average pass rushers. I'm not saying he's a bad player but he's only about average right now. I think taking the best LT prospect would be an upgrade at LT. After some time, that is. That's the point.

Chali21, I'm fine with them taking the lumps at first. Solidifying our offensive tackles would be great to build with, especially with 2 young guys. I understand what the short term implications of that are. We know this rebuilding thing is going to take time anyway, so why not do it the right way? Look how long it took the Texans. Rome wasn't built in a day. I realize this could be hard to go through as a fan but we've tried the whole get good fast method a few times and look where it's gotten us. Its time to try it another way. Just gotta grin and bear it.

Hey man I totally agree and am okay with building the team over time. It just there will be peeps here who will want to jettison everything if we aren't 1-0 week one.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dessie wrote:
Quote:

Very hopefully he signs on so we can see him get some playing time. Im sure there is someone they can release that isnt going to be here next season.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16 ... 77, 78, 79  Next
Page 15 of 79

Jump to: