Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Larry Fitzgerald
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilcrazycat1

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
lilcrazycat1 wrote:
forgetting about his contract??? dude makes way too much money, id trade players not picks.. give them dmac, dhb and kelly lol

He'd be worth it

for a team that clearly has to rebuild an entire defense , i dont think it would be worth it
holyghost

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great player we could definitely use, but considering all the things we need giving away picks or any of the very few players we have that any other team would actually want is the last part of the plan we need to delve into.
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think its more likely we have a chance to sign Bowe or Wallace in FA.

But I dont see that happening either.
blancanieve

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoomWaffle wrote:
Theres no way we trade for Fitzgerald.

1) We have nothing to offer them
2) We have far greater needs than WR
3) He has over $50M in guaranteed money remaining on his contract

Maybe we can trade Palmer for their 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft that will instantly make Arizona a contender
TiberiusRising

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

Maybe we can trade Palmer for their 2nd round pick in the 2013 draft that will instantly make Arizona a contender

If Pryor gets some playing time and actually shows something that could make us optimistic I would be down for that.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blancanieve wrote:
ZoomWaffle wrote:

If we did that, the only player I'd really feel comfortable getting would be someone like Landry Jones. I don't think he'll go until the 3rd day if not late into the 2nd and I just think the value would be there. We don't have a QB and there's not one available aside from that.

That said, the likelihood of this happening is very, very unlikely.

PM sig requests.
Baggabonez

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Re: Larry Fitzgerald Reply with quote

raidr4life wrote:
Is there any way we can get this guy from AZ without giving up too much? I would trade DHB, keep Moore as #2 keep Streeter as our #3 get back a healthy Ford and with Criner that would be a nice WR core. My thinking is if Palmer is still our QB going forward then he needs a sure handed legitimate #1 receiver redzone threat and Fitz needs a QB to get him the ball, AZ is ruining his HOF chances.

Give me your thoughts! Is this possible?

WR1 Fitzgerald

WR2 Moore

WR3 Streeter

WR4 Ford

WR5 Criner

An objective look at the Raiders WR corps and it would not be unreasonable to suggest WR may be higher on the Raiders target list then we may think.

Bonez wrote:
Teams that win Superbowls and make the playoffs aren't picking in the Top 5, clearly
raidr4life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Larry Fitzgerald Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
raidr4life wrote:
Is there any way we can get this guy from AZ without giving up too much? I would trade DHB, keep Moore as #2 keep Streeter as our #3 get back a healthy Ford and with Criner that would be a nice WR core. My thinking is if Palmer is still our QB going forward then he needs a sure handed legitimate #1 receiver redzone threat and Fitz needs a QB to get him the ball, AZ is ruining his HOF chances.

WR1 Fitzgerald

WR2 Moore

WR3 Streeter

WR4 Ford

WR5 Criner

An objective look at the Raiders WR corps and it would not be unreasonable to suggest WR may be higher on the Raiders target list then we may think.
Exactly too many dropped balls lead to alot of missed opportunities and the fade in the endzone is hit or miss with these WRs.
G

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

McClain, Seymour, Kelly, DMAC, DHB and Knapp Wink
holyghost

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Re: Larry Fitzgerald Reply with quote

Baggabonez wrote:
raidr4life wrote:

WR1 Fitzgerald

WR2 Moore

WR3 Streeter

WR4 Ford

WR5 Criner

Totally accurate. But... An objective look at the entire roster and the objective placement of WR need amongst all of our other needs - Maybe not so high any more. #1 WR absolutely yes, more 2s and 3s, nah.
BlackPrestige92

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 6:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pssssh! We wish....

If Phil Jackson came back, still no coaching me, Im uncoachable, Im unsociable.
-Kendrick Lamar
NickButera

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fitz is one of those pieces we desperately need IMO. However McKenzie isn't going to shell out the money someone like that would command. We're strapped enough as it is, I just can't see us coming up with the room for that, and also trying to address every other area of need we have.

I hope we go after a true #1 WR, like Bowe or Wallace as said above. They'd be much cheaper options and we'd still be getting what we need. But unless Reggie works some magic, we're not going to have much money to work with.

My short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.
Also, my short-term memory is not as sharp as it used to be.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: