Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Dallas Cowboys Keeper League - Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I really wish people would have spoken up when all this was being discussed at the start of the year.

I think it's crazy to have someone forfeit your first if you vulture from someone. And this year, TSSS. No one can Vulture Luck from you since you are one of the bottom teams.

The vulture rules weren't clear in the first place and not everybody agreed to it. I, for one, didn't think we had consensus.

If we want to keep this as a vulture league yet still make this a respectable keeper league where we can only keep 1 or 2 players, then make it costly for a team to take a player. As such, I say make them forfeit their 1st-round pick in the next draft, even if it is the last-place team. I don't think the last-place team should get a first-round talent but only forfeit his 13th-round pick. Make him forfeit his first-round pick. This makes it much more difficult.

Or, make him forfeit at a minimum his 2nd-round pick unless that player he "vultures" was taken in the first round. In this scenario, he would forfeit his first-round pick. HT, for example, would lose his first-round pick for taking Rodgers.

The reason why I propose this is that since we're only keeping 1 or 2 players, it's going to be difficult for any team to dominate year after year. Let's keep the spirit of the keeper league and not undermine it too much. The inclusion of the vulture rule can severely undermine the league and how people draft.

Anyway, if I had known from the get go that we were doing a vulture league, I wouldn't have joined. I just find all these additions silly.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't particularly care how we run it. I am glad I am not the commish of the league. I just never understand why people wait until later to start discussing the situation. We could have had this all resolved at the very start of the season. It becomes challenging to sway my views once people make decisions throughout the season.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I don't particularly care how we run it. I am glad I am not the commish of the league. I just never understand why people wait until later to start discussing the situation. We could have had this all resolved at the very start of the season. It becomes challenging to sway my views once people make decisions throughout the season.

Well, it wasn't clear that we had agreed to make this a vulture league, and Matts never chimed in and he's the Commish.

The original thread (i.e., sign up) talked solely about a keeper league and nothing more. The original thread should have included any wrinkles and gimmicks.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, if we want to make this a keeper, vulture league, then I say make the vulture rules really hard and strict. If you want to take a player from another team, you forfeit your first-round pick. It's as simple at that. It doesn't matter if you finished first or last, you lose your first-round pick. This way, the spirit of a keeper league is maintained, where drafting is far more important than your ability to steal a player.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am likely going to be the last place team. Pretty much all my RB's are on IR. As the likely last place team, I stand to gain the most by this being a Vulture League. Having said that, I am in favor of making it a straight Keeper League and dropping the vulture stuff. Let's put it to a vote.

I vote straight Keeper League.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
flyingmonkey30

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight keeper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight keeper.

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like I said. I really don't care how we do it. I suggested vulture to add another wrinkle to this. But I would have preferred to have hammered out all these details at the start of the season.

If we do Vulture - I think it's an awful idea what TSSS is proposing and I do not agree with it. We either do a regular vulture. Or a regular keeper. No need to get crazy with the rules.

In Redball I Trust!
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't speak for Matts, but I'm pretty sure his original intention was for this to be a straight up Keeper League.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
I can't speak for Matts, but I'm pretty sure his original intention was for this to be a straight up Keeper League.

It was.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to make it clear. I really don't care which way we do this.

Matt came up with a Keeper league, and I showed him a link to different forms of Keeper that could add wrinkles to it. Vulture seemed neat if for no other reason than it would let us troll one another. For instance, if Mavs was playing with us - I would hope someone would steal TO from him. I know if we did Vulture, and LR got to pick off of me he would have a hard time passing up on Lee.

Again. Don't care how we go about it. At this point I don't even care when it's resolved since it should have been done long before the week before the playoffs. Just make sure everyone is on the same page with the rules (how many keepers etc) because there are a ton of ways they are played (even in 'straight keepers'). And everyone should also understand that it's going to a majority type of thing. Rarely do we ever get everyone to agree 100%.

In Redball I Trust!
Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I find it so, so, fitting that Slam and MH face off in the playoffs. I got a good laugh about that this morning.

In other news, AC62 - to defend my honor after TSSS took me to task in the White Division - I must crush you here!

[I can't believe my team rebounded and came to the semi's!]

In Redball I Trust!
Matts4313

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We will have all off season to work out wrinkles, but my intial gut feeling is that I will keep it somewhat vanilla this year.

Likely implement Vulture and increase rosters size 1 spot going into next season.

^^^Not final, but open for conversation.

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I find it so, so, fitting that Slam and MH face off in the playoffs. I got a good laugh about that this morning.

In other news, AC62 - to defend my honor after TSSS took me to task in the White Division - I must crush you here!

[I can't believe my team rebounded and came to the semi's!]

Should be interesting but I think I'm going to lose - Rodgers vs. Chicago is no bueno

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So satisfying

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 38 of 77

Jump to: