Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

A case for REDBALL.... Long Post.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
WTF? 2 players go drinking and driving at 2:20 in the AM 2 nights before the biggest game of the season... And Garrett has NO responsibility in this? Guys take off the Silver and Blue glasses. This a tragedy. But it's a preventable, disciplinary tragedy. This is Conclusive proof that Garrett's severe lack of discipline has carried on beyond the football field.

You are absolutely shameless.

No. You can't have a thread praising an alleged change in culture and then not revisit that discussion when there is conclusive proof that the lack of discipline extends beyond the football field.

Slam sig bet participants:

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
WTF? 2 players go drinking and driving at 2:20 in the AM 2 nights before the biggest game of the season... And Garrett has NO responsibility in this? Guys take off the Silver and Blue glasses. This a tragedy. But it's a preventable, disciplinary tragedy. This is Conclusive proof that Garrett's severe lack of discipline has carried on beyond the football field.

At this point, I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. You can't hold Garrett responsible for what 2 grown men did. Other than Dez's self appointed curfew, these grown men don't have a bed time. Yeah, it sucks that these grown men didn't care enough about the team or their teammates to do the right thing. But, it is not Garrett's fault. He can't force grown men to do the right thing.

What Garrett does next and how he handles this situation will determine whether I continue to support him or if I lose complete and total respect for him and chug the haterade. You can't preach RKG and let this turd stay on the team.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Slam has a point in that players should have a curfew or at least know that there are limits on how long they should be out and if they're in a compromising position that they should seek help / alternative routes. Now, I don't think it's fair to lay the blame on Garrett, but it's a complete failure of the entire organization for allowing this event to happen. The Boys organization should be re-examining whether its support system to the players is comprehensive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

At this point, I'm not sure if you are being serious or not. You can't hold Garrett responsible for what 2 grown men did. Other than Dez's self appointed curfew, these grown men don't have a bed time. Yeah, it sucks that these grown men didn't care enough about the team or their teammates to do the right thing. But, it is not Garrett's fault. He can't force grown men to do the right thing.

What Garrett does next and how he handles this situation will determine whether I continue to support him or if I lose complete and total respect for him and chug the haterade. You can't preach RKG and let this turd stay on the team.

HT, I am in agreement with you. How can you monitor the actions of grown men on their own time? The measure of Garrett as a man and a coach should be forthcoming.
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that this being the first major legal issue in ~10 years is pretty indicative to the team and structure in place regarding these situations.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

HT, I am in agreement with you. How can you monitor the actions of grown men on their own time? The measure of Garrett as a man and a coach should be forthcoming.

How? Because it's a cultural thing. It kind of goes back to what Jimmy Johnson said a month ago. Nobody is scared of losing their jobs. This team is spposed to be fighting for their playoff lives not partying two nights before the biggest game of the season (to date). The organization and specifically Garrett has got to make the team understand what is at stake right now.

And it bears recognizing that this is the second national media mega story involving players and police in the past 6 months for off the field Behavior. Contrary to what this thread wants us to believe... 2 events in 6 months like these are not indicative of a major cultural shift at valley ranch under Garrett.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
htfryar

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Northland wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

How? Because it's a cultural thing. It kind of goes back to what Jimmy Johnson said a month ago. Nobody is scared of losing their jobs. This team is spposed to be fighting for their playoff lives not partying two nights before the biggest game of the season (to date). The organization and specifically Garrett has got to make the team understand what is at stake right now.

And it bears recognizing that this is the second national media mega story involving players and police in the past 6 months for off the field Behavior. Contrary to what this thread wants us to believe... 2 events in 6 months like these are not indicative of a major cultural shift at valley ranch under Garrett.

So, Garrett should be held accountable for Dez getting into it with his mom and for Brent being a dumba$$? Is that really what you are saying here? If so, I completely disagree. Garrett isn't a babysitter. He is a football coach. It is his job to hold players accountable for their actions on and off the field. What he does in response to the Brent situation will determine whether or not he cares about changing the culture or not.

Homer Simpson wrote:
Beer, the cause of, and solution to all of life’s problems.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't believe I even have to say this. But listen to what is being suggested. Preventing a player from living their life two days before a game? A day before the afternoon flight? Did everyone here forget the kerfuffle the NFLPA went into after Dez's restrictions? The new CBA doesn't allow vast powers to coaches or organizations.

While common sense should be prevalent.

Christ people. A tragedy just happened. A life was lost. The man was going to be a father. And we are sitting here trying to ascertain blame for this situation?

These are more than just NFL players. They have a right to their lives. They have a right to make bad decisions. What happened today is awful. And yet we still don't know all the facts and people are leaping to conclusions.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:
Northland wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

So, Garrett should be held accountable for Dez getting into it with his mom and for Brent being a dumba$$? Is that really what you are saying here? If so, I completely disagree. Garrett isn't a babysitter. He is a football coach. It is his job to hold players accountable for their actions on and off the field. What he does in response to the Brent situation will determine whether or not he cares about changing the culture or not.

Ht, it's not about babysitting. It's about setting clear expectations... Especially 2 days before a game. Having players understand the expectations and consequences. To have something like this happen in a playoff race right now is unfathomable. I really don't understand how anyone can defend Garrett as a disciplinarian or authoritarian. He plays lip service to RKG. Then has 2 major off the field events in two months. As we saw in 2008, this team does not have a history of responding well under intense media scrutiny.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are rules and regulations that the coaches have to follow when dealing with players. Two days out from gameday, these guys are pretty much on their own. I am sure that the night before a game, Garrett does have a curfew set for players.

Slam, you are grasping at straws in an attempt to further bash Garrett. It's honestly pathetic.

^^^mack
Northland

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
Northland wrote:
htfryar wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

Re our current troubles. Short of locking these guys down I don't know how you can police these guys 24-7. At some point you have to rely on common sense, and common sense went out the window on this one. I blame Brent 100%
Desperado82

Global Moderator
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Northland wrote:
Re our current troubles. Short of locking these guys down I don't know how you can police these guys 24-7. At some point you have to rely on common sense, and common sense went out the window on this one. I blame Brent 100%

Brent had a prior DUI issue in college, yet Wade and Jerry still spent a pick on the guy (albeit via the supplemental draft). That would not happen with under the current management with Garrett in charge.

^^^mack
Matts4313

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Northland wrote:

Brent had a prior DUI issue in college, yet Wade and Jerry still spent a pick on the guy (albeit via the supplemental draft). That would not happen with under the current management with Garrett in charge.

Even if Garrett did draft him, that doesn't mean they didn't see potential in him to learn and grow from his mistake. This is honestly the first negative thing I have ever heard of the guy. Such a tragedy. Terrible decisions are made when people are drunk like this. You always need to designate a driver before going out.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How Garrett gets this team ready for a game 24 hours before a disaster and tragedy will tell a lot about how he can motivate this team and keep them focused.

Thanks to SHSTE

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=25584

When you're right, you're right.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
There are rules and regulations that the coaches have to follow when dealing with players. Two days out from gameday, these guys are pretty much on their own. I am sure that the night before a game, Garrett does have a curfew set for players.

Slam, you are grasping at straws in an attempt to further bash Garrett. It's honestly pathetic.

I'll tell you what's pathetic... It's pathetic that people are so desperate to buy what they are being sold that they'll believe anything. People want to believe there's cultural change so they ignore 2 major off the field incidents in 6 months. Or worse, they make up dumbarse excuses like... Jason Garrett didn't draft Brent or Dez. Lets me guess, Garrett can't be blamed for a terrible OL because he didn't draft Free, livings, Cook or Burninduece, right? At a certain point are going to have to realized Garrett is coaching the least disciplined team in the NFL with enormous roster holes on the OL, that's $20m over the 2013 cap with 9 players that still need to be counted against the cap, and is has had 2 major off the filled incidents in the past 6 months. People want to believe Garrett is moving in right direction that the blatantly ignore the signs of the wrong direction slapping them in the face. And that's effing pathetic.

A62
Buddy
PincheJimmy
Dirk Gently

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 15 of 18

Jump to: