Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT Detroit Lions (4-8) @ Green Bay Packers (8-4)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 56, 57, 58  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
Forecast is calling for snow!!
I'm already pumped up, its snowing here right now, it just looks like a football game should bust out any second. But not like Aaron Rodgers style football, more like Paul Hornung covered in mud from a sloppy field, running the power sweep! Welp I guess I will have to settle for pretty boy Rodgers...

Snow games are a blast! I was one of the few thousand folks at the Blizzard Bowl against Tampa in 1985 and that was one fun time. With so few fans in attendance there were no lines for beer or the bathrooms. Wink Wins were few and far between back then. The following week it was clear and cold but Miami came into town and won big. Sad

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Snow_Bowl_%281985%29

One of my favorite games of all time. I was there. The only other game I enjoyed close to this much was the snowy playoff game against Seattle. After a rough start, the route and party was on. Snowing @ Lambeau for a playoff game that the Pack dominated, I was aroused for the entire evening. Paradise!
Pugger

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
I think we are 12th because of a lack of continuity on offense and because Rodgers is not going to take chances with the football. He avoids forcing things, and in cover-2 looks, if you are not going to dink and dunk or run the ball effectively, you do need to take some chances to defeat that defensive look. I do not think Rodgers has been patient enough to dink and dunk with WRs and Olinemen out constantly, and a very lackluster running game.

We have a very smart QB that is very anti-INT. That is a good thing. But it does have drawbacks that include more sacks. I think Rodgers would be more comfortable with the dink and dunk approach if he thought the offense was capable of generating 8-12 play drives consistently. Without a good run game and a complete lack of continuity on O, those drives are tough to accomplish.
I think all of this proves why he is the best player in the NFL. He is somewhat flawed that he has left some yards on the table by not checking down some more, but take Thomas and Decker off the Broncos for a very good part of the year, then take their starting LT and RT and starting LG off. No way does Manning look that good.

Very much this.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:
I'm already pumped up, its snowing here right now, it just looks like a football game should bust out any second. But not like Aaron Rodgers style football, more like Paul Hornung covered in mud from a sloppy field, running the power sweep! Welp I guess I will have to settle for pretty boy Rodgers...

Snow games are a blast! I was one of the few thousand folks at the Blizzard Bowl against Tampa in 1985 and that was one fun time. With so few fans in attendance there were no lines for beer or the bathrooms. Wink Wins were few and far between back then. The following week it was clear and cold but Miami came into town and won big. Sad

One of my favorite games of all time. I was there. The only other game I enjoyed close to this much was the snowy playoff game against Seattle. After a rough start, the route and party was on. Snowing @ Lambeau for a playoff game that the Pack dominated, I was aroused for the entire evening. Paradise!

Not to be Debbie Downer in this positive thread but I was also there for that awful playoff game in the snow against Vick and Atlanta. Sad If memory serves our team was decimated by injuries that year too but we didn't have the depth then like we have today.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
PackFan4Life wrote:
Pugger wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
GBPackers79 wrote:

Not to be Debbie Downer in this positive thread but I was also there for that awful playoff game in the snow against Vick and Atlanta. Sad If memory serves our team was decimated by injuries that year too but we didn't have the depth then like we have today.

Also, I can't see Rodgers throwing < 50% 1 TD, 2 INT, 2 Fumbles
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Atari-XXX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind if they did what the Texans did when they faced the Bears and double teamed Marshall. Make someone else than Megatron beat us. They're already without Burleson, Young, Broyles and Pettigrew is known for dropping easy passes.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I correct in understanding that if the Packers win the next 2 games we lock up the NFC North??

R-E-L-A-X
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PackFan4Life wrote:
I was aroused for the entire evening. Paradise!

For erections lasting longer than four hours, please seek medical assistance immediately.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
Am I correct in understanding that if the Packers win the next 2 games we lock up the NFC North??

I think the Bears would have to lose one more game besides our match-up. If we go 2-2 and the Bears go 3-1 the terrorists win! Correct? We only hold the tie breaker right now.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs
UpTheSeam85

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

I think the Bears would have to lose one more game besides our match-up. If we go 2-2 and the Bears go 3-1 the terrorists win! Correct? We only hold the tie breaker right now.

This is what I've come up with for week 15 clinching scenarios and I'm pretty sure they are correct.

1) Packers beat Lions and Bears lose to Vikings this week, then the Packers could clinch the division with a win vs the Bears week 15.

2)If all this happens this week,the Bengals beat the Cowboys, the Ravens beat the Redskins, the Eagles beat the Buccaneers, and the Bears beat the Vikings, then a win vs the Bears week 15 would clinch a playoff spot.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.playoffstatus.com/nfl/packerswhatif.html

tool around on that site. its wonderful, i've been using it for several years
Bucks
Badgers
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:

If the Packers win the next 2, then they would have the tiebreaker over the Bears (being 2-0 against them) and would secure at least a 10-6 record.

However, if the Bears win this week, a second loss to the Packers would still allow them to finish 11-5, and 11-5 beats 10-6.
GoPackGo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For some reason I thought the Bears were 7-5.. or maybe I was ignoring Seattle and thought we were 9-3. Wink

We need this one bad though. I think the Niners will stumble at some point down the road here either @NE or @SEA. If we win out that = 1st round bye which would be AWWWWWESOME.

R-E-L-A-X
wgbeethree

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoPackGo wrote:
We need this one bad though. I think the Niners will stumble at some point down the road here either @NE or @SEA. If we win out that = 1st round bye which would be AWWWWWESOME.

I'm going to be back in WI for wildcard weekend though. I'd love to be able to watch a game with friends and family or maybe even hit up the game. I'm torn but I'm looking at it as a win/win situation.

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Justo knows nothing about sportz

justo wrote:
I would be a terrible coach/anything.
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really wish this game was at noon. I hate these late games. I like to have stopped drinking by the start of them and go to bed at half time if the game sucks. Nothing quite like a Monday hangover.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

BartStarving

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DavidatMIZZOU wrote:
Really wish this game was at noon. I hate these late games. I like to have stopped drinking by the start of them and go to bed at half time if the game sucks. Nothing quite like a Monday hangover.

Me too. The Thursday games make for a lousy Friday for the same reason.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 56, 57, 58  Next
Page 10 of 58

Jump to: