Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Josh Gordon and Greg Little
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
candyman93

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject: Josh Gordon and Greg Little Reply with quote

Quote:
No pair of Browns receivers since Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow Jr. five years ago has given defensive coordinators fits.

Before Winslow-Edwards, you'd have to go all the way back to the days of Webster Slaughter and Reggie Langhorne in the late 1980s to find a true No. 1 and No. 2 receiver.

Greg Little and Josh Gordon might be adding their names to the list of dynamic duo receivers soon. With four games to play, they rank second and third in receiving behind running back Trent Richardson, who has caught the majority of his 44 passes as checkdowns when no one else is open.

Little has 35 catches for 408 yards and two touchdowns. Gordon, the rookie plucked from the supplemental draft on July 12, has 34 catches for 646 yards and five touchdowns.

Quote:
"At times when we're both in, (opponents) may play the safeties a little deeper or maybe closer to my side," Gordon said Monday. "They're being cautious of me taking the top off the defense, going over the top with the deep play. They kind of leave the middle open for the underneath routes, the routes that Greg can make good possession catches for first downs and a lot of good yards after the catch. Either way, it's hard for a defense to focus on just one of us."

http://www.news-herald.com/articles/2012/12/05/sports/nh6296268.txt?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ObrNewswire+%28OBR+Newswire%29

Little has seemingly cured his drops and is a nasty blocker. Gordon has all the physical tools, including an absolutely outstanding set of hands. They both have solid work ethic.

Me gusta.
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like our wr potential. Especially if little continues to play angry like he did last week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd it just me or does anyone else see anquan bolden in little
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dawgpoun8017 wrote:
I'd it just me or does anyone else see anquan bolden in little

He did last week.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Our RB leads our team in receptions and our WRs are being hyped as dynamic....?

I can see the physical potential, but they still have a long way to go.
DawgX

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Browns went from having arguably the worst wide receiver corps before this season to having a very solid one with the potential to be one of the best.

I thought Gordon wouldn't start to produce until late this season at the earliest. We all knew he had the physical talent to succeed, but he was extremely raw. Early in the season he proved to be a good deep threat, which is great, but his route running needed work and thus he offered little when it came to short and intermediate routes. Lately he's been more effective in the short passing game, therefore, he's become a more well-rounded receiver. He's got the size to beat smaller cornerbacks and the speed to beat bigger cornerbacks while also having a good pair of hands. I think the Browns not only have potentially found their #1 receiver, but they might have found one who's capable of being one of the best in the league.

Gordon's emergence as helped Little out tremendously. I think he tried too much to make the big play, so he sometimes started to look up field before he even caught the ball. It seemed like a lot of people were overly critical of Little due to his drops. I'm not saying the criticism wasn't deserved, but it seemed like a lot of people forgot just how talented Little is. When he does get a hold of the football, he's very good at gaining extra yards after the catch is made. It looks like he could develop into a very good #2 WR. I was hoping he could become a #1, but as long as Gordon continues to develop, all the Browns need from Little is for him to be productive as the #2.

Then the Browns have some good WRs behind them with Benjamin, Cooper and Massaquoi.

Smack on the sig.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DawgX wrote:
The Browns went from having arguably the worst wide receiver corps before this season to having a very solid one with the potential to be one of the best.

I thought Gordon wouldn't start to produce until late this season at the earliest. We all knew he had the physical talent to succeed, but he was extremely raw. Early in the season he proved to be a good deep threat, which is great, but his route running needed work and thus he offered little when it came to short and intermediate routes. Lately he's been more effective in the short passing game, therefore, he's become a more well-rounded receiver. He's got the size to beat smaller cornerbacks and the speed to beat bigger cornerbacks while also having a good pair of hands. I think the Browns not only have potentially found their #1 receiver, but they might have found one who's capable of being one of the best in the league.

Gordon's emergence as helped Little out tremendously. I think he tried too much to make the big play, so he sometimes started to look up field before he even caught the ball. It seemed like a lot of people were overly critical of Little due to his drops. I'm not saying the criticism wasn't deserved, but it seemed like a lot of people forgot just how talented Little is. When he does get a hold of the football, he's very good at gaining extra yards after the catch is made. It looks like he could develop into a very good #2 WR. I was hoping he could become a #1, but as long as Gordon continues to develop, all the Browns need from Little is for him to be productive as the #2.

Then the Browns have some good WRs behind them with Benjamin, Cooper and Massaquoi.

+1 Applause excellent post

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
bungleodeon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ether wrote:

A lot of that is play calling and Weeden. I don't think that point is a justifiable criticism. There have been a dozen of replays that have been shown on broadcasts where receivers have been open and Weeden doesn't get them the ball.
DawgSoldier

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bungleodeon wrote:
Ether wrote:

A lot of that is play calling and Weeden. I don't think that point is a justifiable criticism. There have been a dozen of replays that have been shown on broadcasts where receivers have been open and Weeden doesn't get them the ball.

That and till he gets the offence totally down pat a check down to richardson in space isn't a bad idea.

Adopt a Brown: QB Brandon Weeden
247/433 57% 2820yds 6.5avg 13 TD 15 Int
joelflynn44

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are not dynamic yet, not sure what expert said that. But their potential is slowly starting to turn into small doses of actual on field performance. Maaybe not on the stat line, but for sure on the eyeball test.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

joelflynn44 wrote:
They are not dynamic yet, not sure what expert said that. But their potential is slowly starting to turn into small doses of actual on field performance. Maaybe not on the stat line, but for sure on the eyeball test.

I think Gordon's statistics show how good he's been. Racking up 34 receptions for 646 yards and five touchdowns with a few games yet to be played in the season is pretty good for a second-round rookie. Gordon's stats are even more impressive when you consider how raw he was entering the league. Plus, most people didn't expect for him to make much of an impact this season.

Gordon is ranked third in the league for yards per reception with 19, behind only Vincent Jackson & Cecil Shorts. 82.4% (28 out of 34) of his receptions are for first downs, which is fifth best in the league.

Yeah... I'd say Gordon's stats show he's been very good this season.

Smack on the sig.
Thomas5737

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were there any WR's suspended for the season in college last year? We have a knack for hitting on those guys. Neither are proven or anything, but they have both had pretty good starts to their career, and both became the team's #1 receiver in their rookie season after sitting out their final year in college.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas5737 wrote:
Were there any WR's suspended for the season in college last year? We have a knack for hitting on those guys. Neither are proven or anything, but they have both had pretty good starts to their career, and both became the team's #1 receiver in their rookie season after sitting out their final year in college.

Check out da'rick rogers...

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't stop watching that 54 yard pass play to MoMass and that block that Little made to spring him. All that's missing is a BOOM sound effect. Loved it!
Dropkick_pride

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gordon, little, MoMass, Benjie, Coop...

We have a solid young group. I like it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: