Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14 GDT AFC West Champs(9-3) vs Raiders(3-9)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win
Da Broncos
92%
 92%  [ 26 ]
That other team
7%
 7%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 28

jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very happy to read all of these statistics on Moreno. I was just trying to shed some optimism over the state of the running game for the Broncos. I think McGahee is better.

However, I have enjoyed the resurgence of Moreno. I agree with whoever said that Moreno has had a difficult time getting through the line of scrimmage. It seems that he is getting better with that. I am more optimistic that he is covering up the ball when he does make first contact, and he seems to be difficult to take down, there have been a few plays where he was laying a shoulder into a defender and sending him backwards.

Also, cannot deny that Moreno receiving in the open field, may be his best strength. Perhaps he lacks vision, which is why he has trouble getting through the line of scrimmage but excels in the open field where he can see the whole field. It seems like some of the play calling should go to some more screen passes to Moreno.

Moreno reminds me a lot of Tiki Barber. Not great, not elite, had fumbling issues, but was a viable back.

Here is to a Moreno/McGahee backfield with Hillman as a scat back of sorts. It makes up for a nice backfield.

With all of that said, I sincerely hope the Broncos either sign or draft a superior back. Given McGahee's age and injury history, it is time. It is time that the Broncos add an elite runner. I mean, perhaps it is just how I experienced seeing the Super Bowl years materialize and that didn't happen until TD was in the picture. It ALL started with him.
champ+jay+al=SB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure if McGahee will ever play again. Anyone have some intel on that?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

champ+jay+al=SB wrote:
I'm not sure if McGahee will ever play again. Anyone have some intel on that?

Umm...last thing I read said that he might be ready for the playoff, if the Broncos get a bye.
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

read today that Stephen Johnson had a bout 15 defensive snaps and a couple of tackles. Any one notice his play? How 'bout whan he came in? I'm guessing it was in base packages for Brooking but just a guess.

Also, malik Jackson seems to be getting more work. Same questions about him, whens he in and for whom.

Thanx
lomaxgr

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
read today that Stephen Johnson had a bout 15 defensive snaps and a couple of tackles. Any one notice his play? How 'bout whan he came in? I'm guessing it was in base packages for Brooking but just a guess.

Also, malik Jackson seems to be getting more work. Same questions about him, whens he in and for whom.

Thanx

Really? I will have to look at the All 22 to check that out. I watched each teams first two drives in all 22 but didn't see him then.

MUFC OK
AnAngryAmerican

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Moreno reminds me a lot of Tiki Barber. Not great, not elite, had fumbling issues, but was a viable back.

I can see a reason for making the analogy but Tiki Barber played at a Hall of Fame level the last 3 years of his career.

2004: 1518 rushing yards, 52 rec for 578 yards, 15 TDs, 2 fumbles lost
2005: 1860 rushing yards, 54 rec for 530 yards, 11 TDs, 1 fumble lost
2006: 1662 rushing yards, 48 rec for 565 yards, 5 TDs, 1 fumble lost

That's elite production. Knowshon will never produce at that level.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Also, cannot deny that Moreno receiving in the open field, may be his best strength. Perhaps he lacks vision, which is why he has trouble getting through the line of scrimmage but excels in the open field where he can see the whole field.

And this is what makes Knowshon such an anomaly.

In the open field, he has good vision but when taking the ball on a hand off from behind the LOS - you know, what a RB is supposed to do - he struggles; he dances, he jukes, he can't find right hole, he is just lost. I know he put up nice numbers last week but his lack of RB instincts and behind-the-LOS vision will always hold him back. He has talent but I don't how to best deploy it. Mac and Fox/McCoy/Peyton obviously don't either.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
With all of that said, I sincerely hope the Broncos either sign or draft a superior back.

I think it's more important that we draft or sign a back that is right for us. We don't need Adrian Peterson, we just need a McGahee-type but one who is 8 year younger. Willis was perfect for this team before he got hurt - he was big enough to run inside, could catch out of the backfield and pass protect well. Problem is he's 31 and has been injured throughout his career.

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
AKRNA

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
AKRNA wrote:

Thanx

Really? I will have to look at the All 22 to check that out. I watched each teams first two drives in all 22 but didn't see him then.

Thanks George. I'm just really curious about whats going on with our LB corp. Seems like we're working all the young guys, Irving, Trevathan and now Johnson into the mix.

Loved Johnson in pre season. Just seemed like he was always around the ball.
jsthomp2007

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
jsthomp2007 wrote:

I can see a reason for making the analogy but Tiki Barber played at a Hall of Fame level the last 3 years of his career.

2004: 1518 rushing yards, 52 rec for 578 yards, 15 TDs, 2 fumbles lost
2005: 1860 rushing yards, 54 rec for 530 yards, 11 TDs, 1 fumble lost
2006: 1662 rushing yards, 48 rec for 565 yards, 5 TDs, 1 fumble lost

That's elite production. Knowshon will never produce at that level.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
Also, cannot deny that Moreno receiving in the open field, may be his best strength. Perhaps he lacks vision, which is why he has trouble getting through the line of scrimmage but excels in the open field where he can see the whole field.

And this is what makes Knowshon such an anomaly.

In the open field, he has good vision but when taking the ball on a hand off from behind the LOS - you know, what a RB is supposed to do - he struggles; he dances, he jukes, he can't find right hole, he is just lost. I know he put up nice numbers last week but his lack of RB instincts and behind-the-LOS vision will always hold him back. He has talent but I don't how to best deploy it. Mac and Fox/McCoy/Peyton obviously don't either.

jsthomp2007 wrote:
With all of that said, I sincerely hope the Broncos either sign or draft a superior back.

I think it's more important that we draft or sign a back that is right for us. We don't need Adrian Peterson, we just need a McGahee-type but one who is 8 year younger. Willis was perfect for this team before he got hurt - he was big enough to run inside, could catch out of the backfield and pass protect well. Problem is he's 31 and has been injured throughout his career.

You are right about Tiki...maybe Moreno can get there? Maybe?

The other anomaly with Moreno is that he doesn't shy away from contact. He will lay into some folks. Somebody just needs to coach him better on picking wholes or something.

I don't know the Moreno issue. I hope that he continues to get better, because the Broncos need him and he has picked up his game a bit. I am hesitate to say this, but 32 carries last week and a few catches...not shabby.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
Page 11 of 11

Jump to: