Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (Senior)
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:36 pm    Post subject: Leon McFadden, CB, San Diego State (Senior) Reply with quote

What can you guys tell me about San Diego State senior cornerback Leon McFadden?

Leon McFadden
College : San Diego State Aztecs
Class : Senior
Position : Cornerback
Height : 5'-10"
Weight : 190 lbs.
40 yard dash : 4.50 (estimated)

Leon McFadden San Diego State Aztecs Player Bio

2011 Statistics

Solo tackles : 35
Assisted tackles : 11
Total tackles : 46
Tackles for loss : 3
Tackles for loss yardage : 11
Passes broken up : 13
Interceptions : 2
Interception return yardage : 23
Punt returns : 12
Punt return yardage : 70
Punt return yardage average : 5.83
Rushing attempts : 2
Rushing yardage : 5
Rushing yardage average : 2.50

According to NFLDraftscout, he excels in press man coverage.

Quote:
09/01/12 - Five I'll Be Watching This Weekend: CB Leon McFadden, San Diego State: Though his Washington counterpart, Desmond Trufant, might have the most recognizable name of cornerbacks on the west coast, McFadden is one of the first names out of the mouths of NFL scouts when it comes to previewing the elite defensive backs on this side of the country. Few outside of the Mountain West Conference likely know McFadden's name but the playmaking cornerback was named the conference's preseason Defensive Player of the Year. He's a two-time defending MWC First-Team defender who led the conference a season ago with 17 passes defensed. The 5-10, 190 pound McFadden will face a stiff test Saturday night against a Washington passing attack that looked every bit as lethal as Baylor's a year ago in the Alamo Bowl. McFadden is an athletic and competitive press corner -- precisely the type that has given the Huskies' wide receivers trouble in the past. Washington sophomore Kasen Williams should be a particularly interesting draw for McFadden, who enters the 2012 season as NFLDraftScout.com's No. 5 senior cornerback prospect. - Rob Rang, NFLDraftScout.com

08/23/12 - MOST IMPORTANT SAN DIEGO STATE PLAYER: CB Leon McFadden He is a perfect fit for Long's defensive scheme that mandates man-to-man coverage in the defensive backfield. McFadden is a two-time All-Mountain West selection that Long says is as good a CB that he's had since he implemented his defense at Oregon State in the early 1990s. McFadden's presence allows Long to get more intricate with his blitzes and try to create more opportunities for the Aztecs offense with shorter fields. Traditionally, Long's defense have had an impact of the success of his offenses; the better the defense, the more efficient his offenses tend to be because they don't have to take unnecessary chances to move the ball down the field. - The Sports Xchange

07/25/12 - 2012 MOUNTAIN WEST PRESEASON ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM (MEDIA): DB Leon McFadden, Sr., San Diego State...McFadden became the first San Diego State player to be named a preseason player of the year (offense, defense or special teams). McFadden, who is looking to become the fifth Aztec in program history to earn first-team all-conference honors in three consecutive years, is on the preseason watch list for the Nagurski Award (top defensive player) and the Thorpe Award (top defensive back). He's also the third player in the last 11 years (also Kirk Morrison and Lynell Hamilton) to be named to the preseason all-conference team for a second time. The Inglewood, Calif., native led the league in passes defended (17) last year, while recording 46 tackles (35 solo), two interceptions and a sack. - San Diego State football

07/24/12 - 2012 PRESEASON MOUNTAIN WEST DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE YEAR (MEDIA): San Diego State senior defensive back Leon McFadden led the Mountain West and ranked 12th nationally in passes defended (17) last season. The Inglewood, Calif., product also notched 46 tackles (35 solo), 15 pass breakups, three tackles for loss (-11 yards), two interceptions and a sack. - Mountain West football

07/18/12 - 2012 JIM THORPE AWARD PRESEASON WATCH LIST: Leon McFadden, San Diego State CB, Sr., has been selected to the Preseason Jim Thorpe Award Watch List for the 2012 college football season, presented to the best defensive back in college football by the Jim Thorpe Association. It is the sixth preseason honor for McFadden, who has already earned all-Mountain West first-team defensive honors from Phil Steele, Athlon Sports, and Lindy's Sports as well as being tabbed to both the preseason Bronko Nagurski Trophy watch list and the defensive back trophy watch list by the College Football Performance Awards (CFPA). In 2011, the Inglewood, Calif., native led the league in passes defended (17), while recording 46 tackles (35 solo), two interceptions and a sack. - SD State football

Leon McFadden NFLDraftScout Player Profile

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
Nobody

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really hope the Colts can get him, he's going to be a steal for someone who uses a lot of man coverage (like Indy).

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good coverage guy. He should go no lower than the middle of round 3 and probably goes high to mid round 2. He's a very good player who sticks on opposing WR's like glue. If he was 3-4 inches taller, he'd be in contention to be the top CB off the board.
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can see him getting burnt for a TD by a Fresno State player here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=PxVSXJfFv_Q#t=86s
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't watch the video on my iPad, but every corner gets burnt sometimes. With a quick google search I find 2 clips of Revis being burnt.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
Can't watch the video on my iPad, but every corner gets burnt sometimes. With a quick google search I find 2 clips of Revis being burnt.

You have clips of Revis being burnt in college by guys who will probably never be invited to an NFL training camp? Showing Revis getting burnt by NFL level players isn't amazing considering the level of competition...
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

You have clips of Revis being burnt in college by guys who will probably never be invited to an NFL training camp? Showing Revis getting burnt by NFL level players isn't amazing considering the level of competition...
I have videos of Andrew Luck throwing awful interceptions in college, and AP fumbling, and AJ Green dropping an easy catch. (I dont literally have these, you get my point, it happens to everyone.) One play does not a prospect make.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

I have videos of Andrew Luck throwing awful interceptions in college, and AP fumbling, and AJ Green dropping an easy catch. (I dont literally have these, you get my point, it happens to everyone.) One play does not a prospect make.

So you don't have videos of Revis getting burnt by nobody college receivers... Nothing more to see here...
Nobody

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

So you don't have videos of Revis getting burnt by nobody college receivers... Nothing more to see here...
Brick wall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Sometimes I wonder about humanity.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

You know Josh Harper will never be invited to an NFL training camp despite being a So. who has put up decent #s for a young guy in limited time? Laughing

Bohlmann20 (On The 95 Cleveland Browns Staff) wrote:
Lombardi - Isn't that the guy the trophy is named after? If so, top 3 coach of all time.

#JDI
PowerElite

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

You know Josh Harper will never be invited to an NFL training camp despite being a So. who has put up decent #s for a young guy in limited time? Laughing

I had this same argument in 2010 when I posted a video of Amari Spievey getting burnt by a nobody Penn State underclassmen.

PowerElite wrote:
khodder wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Why is Amari Spievey so high? He got toasted for a 79 yard TD against Penn State. He's a 4th round talent at CB and no higher.

Why is Darelle Revis considered one of the best CB's in the NFL, I mean he got burned by Ted Ginn of all people for a deep TD.

You mentioned two pros selected in the 1st round of the NFL draft as a basis for establishing why Amari Spievey was burned by a sophomore that doesn't rank amongst the top 230 WR's in his class. You couldn't have been any less ineffective in your post. Spievey was toasted for a 79 yard TD by an underclassmen that would be fortunate to get an NFL camp invite after he graduates.

Amari Spievey has proven to be incapable of being an NFL cornerback so he was switched to safety. And who knows what happened to that nobody Penn State receiver. See I have a track record of being proven right when I make these observations and statements. Amazing how two different people used Revis as an example. Like I'm talking to a computer program or something...
Meco

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mikek163 wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:
PowerElite wrote:
Nobody wrote:

Sometimes I wonder about humanity.

Laughing

You don't even know. You don't even know.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leon McFadden isn't Darelle Revis. NUTHIN TO SEE HERE FOLKS. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:
Leon McFadden isn't Darelle Revis. NUTHIN TO SEE HERE FOLKS. Laughing
Who would waste a mid round pick on anything less than Revis, amirite?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL Draft All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: