Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

UnOfficial Tank For Luke Joeckel Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dr. Philly

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

StarCox will be amazing

simonwayne wrote:
LeBron has done for the NBA what Teen Mom has done for teenage pregnancies

#JDI
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EaglesFan5-36-81 wrote:

Have you seen Jake Scott play these past few games? He's been a very good guard and your kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Its no coincidence that our OL has played much better since his insertion in the starting lineup. Either way with Peters, Kelce, and Herremans coming back, Kelly looking good at RT, and Scott potentially being re-signed, tackle is not a need in round one. I'd much rather have an offensive line of Jason Peters - Evan Mathis - Jason Kelce - Jake Scott - Todd Herremans and a top 5 pick and draft a guy like Reid Fragel to develop in the 4th than an offensive line of Jason Peters - Evan Mathis - Jason Kelce - Todd Herremans - Luke Joeckel and no more top 5 pick because we took an offensive lineman when we have much bigger needs.

QB is a position of need, and since you bring up the Patriots in your example, realize that they weren't worth a damn as a franchise until they found Brady, but 9 times out of 10 if you don't take your QB in the first they tend to flop. Matt Light meanwhile was a mid 2nd rounder. Vince Wilfork was mid 1st rounder. Neither were top 5 picks.

In addition to a QB, we need a completely new secondary, some pass rushers, a defensive tackle, a SAM linebacker, wide receiver, and potentially a tight end before we need an offensive line starter. We have a good OL when healthy, and its stupid. Over the past 10 years name a team that drafted an OL in the top 5 without having a franchise QB that has done a damned thing.

I just love how much you like Reid Fragel. Dancing

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I am starting to worry about though, is that the Eagles will end up with that top 5 pick, get and offensive minded coach and draft Barkley as their "franchise" QB (being as Geno will very likely be a Chief). I could see this happening. It wouldn't be my favorite move, of course I'd have to then hope he would succeed...

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The current Chiefs scouts and/or gm is suppose to like Wilson more than Smith, but regardless. Let's hope can continue to play like he did against Dallas.

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
The current Chiefs scouts and/or gm is suppose to like Wilson more than Smith, but regardless. Let's hope can continue to play like he did against Dallas.

Interesting. Where did you hear this or, even better, do you know of a link?

Indeed, as things currently look, it would be better for the Eagles if Foles continued to improve into looking like a viable NFL starter.

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

Indeed, as things currently look, it would be better for the Eagles if Foles continued to improve into looking like a viable NFL starter.

No link, but I think Reality_Check got some insider in the Chiefs organization

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
baconrad3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

If that's true...... Twisted Evil

If Chiefs somehow passed on Geno and he fell in our lap...my god. That organization would be an even bigger joke than it is now......

#OfficialBlakeBortlesHypeTrain
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way do the Chiefs pass on Geno (or Bark really) but if they did I'd love for us to get Geno.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

killdawabbit wrote:
One thing I am starting to worry about though, is that the Eagles will end up with that top 5 pick, get and offensive minded coach and draft Barkley as their "franchise" QB (being as Geno will very likely be a Chief). I could see this happening. It wouldn't be my favorite move, of course I'd have to then hope he would succeed...

I don't think Barkley will end up being the #2 QB, I could easily see that going to Tyler Wilson. That said, I would have a really hard time passing up on Star Lotululei if he's there when we pick. He's the closest thing this draft has to a sure-fire Pro Bowl player. Just imagine him and Cox playing next to each other for the next five years.
MaclinandMCcoy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RainbowCarebear wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftMonster/status/273122269738455041

There's the link also that is Reality_check
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully Brady Quinn plays like he did last week for the rest of the year Laughing

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Jaguars are the one key team that needs to get another win because Eagles will have tie breaker over them so they don't steal Luke Joeckel

But problem is the Jets is the last winnable game on paper for the Jaguars.

So if they don't win on Sunday they may have wrapped up a top 2 pick
BBIB

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marky_b27 wrote:
There are two reasons why we should consider taking offensive linemen early:

1. 3 of our players did have season ending injuries, 2 of whom are over 30. In the past we've been burnt by relying on players coming back from injuries, we need to ensure we have contingency plans.

2. We have a habit of overrating our players (remember when Jamar Chaney was the new Jon Beason). Kelly has had a couple of solid games but let's not crown him the next Jon Runyan yet. The same thing with Scott. His arrival may have suddenly upgraded the line, but I think it's more to do with the fact that we have consistency upfront.

THIS THIS THIS

Jake Scott has surprisingly looked decent on a horrid Oline. Yet he's done enough to justify passing on an ELITE OT prospect?
marky_b27

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BBIB wrote:
marky_b27 wrote:
There are two reasons why we should consider taking offensive linemen early:

1. 3 of our players did have season ending injuries, 2 of whom are over 30. In the past we've been burnt by relying on players coming back from injuries, we need to ensure we have contingency plans.

2. We have a habit of overrating our players (remember when Jamar Chaney was the new Jon Beason). Kelly has had a couple of solid games but let's not crown him the next Jon Runyan yet. The same thing with Scott. His arrival may have suddenly upgraded the line, but I think it's more to do with the fact that we have consistency upfront.

THIS THIS THIS

Jake Scott has surprisingly looked decent on a horrid Oline. Yet he's done enough to justify passing on an ELITE OT prospect?

Taking an offensive lineman early doesn't mean taking one at #3 overall - that would not be good value.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Marky > Foles
gator3guy

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaclinandMCcoy wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
RainbowCarebear wrote:

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftMonster/status/273122269738455041

There's the link also that is Reality_check

People really believe this? Who's to say they even think Geno's a first rounder?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 11 of 13

Jump to: