Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Potential 2012-13 Coaching Carousel
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
Philadelphia Eagles

Andy Reid - A disciple of the west coast. Has consistently transformed RBs into top 5 caliber.

Todd Bowles - Defensive coach who has ties to Dallas.

Bobby April - A well respected Special Teams Coach.

Juan Castillo - A smart Offensive Line coach who understands blitz schemes better than most.

In addition to Andy Reid's ability to turn little know RBs into all pros, I think the most impressive thing the guy does is develop QBs. I don't think he has a parallel in the NFL today. The guy just finds QBs who fits his system. They play great for him and he trades them off for multiple high picks. Granted, they NEVER turn out for any other team, but they play great for him. I say this because it is very possible that Romo time in Dallas could be coming to an end. I would actually trust Reid to find a replacement. Let's face it... Since Troy, Jerry has drafted 2 QBs and traded a third round pick for a 3rd QB. Of those 3 QBs, 2 of them are NFL punchlines and there's a forum moratorium on saying the name of the third.

Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The_Slamman wrote:
In addition to Andy Reid's ability to turn little know RBs into all pros, I think the most impressive thing the guy does is develop QBs. I don't think he has a parallel in the NFL today. The guy just finds QBs who fits his system. They play great for him and he trades them off for multiple high picks. Granted, they NEVER turn out for any other team, but they play great for him. I say this because it is very possible that Romo time in Dallas could be coming to an end. I would actually trust Reid to find a replacement. Let's face it... Since Troy, Jerry has drafted 2 QBs and traded a third round pick for a 3rd QB. Of those 3 QBs, 2 of them are NFL punchlines and there's a forum moratorium on saying the name of the third.

It's really crazy just how well he has done. I still think he should take him to be with his family. Pull a Parcells and work on the Weekends for NFLN or ESPN and just take care of your family. Reid has nothing to prove to anyone.

Slam, are their any other coaches you see as potential for poaching? I see Hoffman as another option.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
The_Slamman

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
The_Slamman wrote:

It's really crazy just how well he has done. I still think he should take him to be with his family. Pull a Parcells and work on the Weekends for NFLN or ESPN and just take care of your family. Reid has nothing to prove to anyone.

Slam, are their any other coaches you see as potential for poaching? I see Hoffman as another option.

Like, I've said before, I'm not in favor of making a change just to make a change. I've made clear that I'm extremely frustrated with the teams lack of discipline. I'm disappointed with lack of development of the trenches. For the first time, something was actually posted favorably about Garrett from an X and O perspective (scheme to help Dez beat double teams). I would like to see serious upgrading on the offensive side of the ball from coaching to OL. Unfortunately, the past 6 years have demonstrated that those are Garrett's most glaring warts. My realistic list of coaches to replace Garrett is pretty short. If Ken Whisenhunt became available which I would doubt, I could be persuaded to add him to the list. He has done extremely well when his teams have legit QBs and offensive playmakers. If, despite Jerry's comments to the contrary), Garrett is allowed to get an OC... Whisenhunt and Turner would probably be my 2 favorites.

In terms of finding a replacement for Joe D... It's something that probably should happen.

Texas_OutLaw7

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if we want to start a new thread for firing quite yet, so I will put this here.

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens fired offensive coordinator Cam Cameron Monday. Cameron told ABC2 News he was informed of the decision today.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/sports/football/ravens/baltimore-ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron

In Redball I Trust!
DKDALfan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love either Turner, Whisenhunt or Sparano.
Spends

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If we hire Cam Cameron I will become a free agent fan.

I know it is not going to happen, but I had to put the disclaimer out there.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
I don't know if we want to start a new thread for firing quite yet, so I will put this here.

Quote:
The Baltimore Ravens fired offensive coordinator Cam Cameron Monday. Cameron told ABC2 News he was informed of the decision today.

http://www.abc2news.com/dpp/sports/football/ravens/baltimore-ravens-fire-offensive-coordinator-cam-cameron

There most be something wrong with this dude. He cant hold a job to save his life. He's had some pretty respectable offenses too - its weird.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Spends

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

There most be something wrong with this dude. He cant hold a job to save his life. He's had some pretty respectable offenses too - its weird.

His main struggle is situational play calling.

Also, when you don't utilize one of the best RBs in the league over and over again - it tends to catch notice of EVERYONE. They basically split carries yesterday between Ray Rice and Bernard Pierece. I'm sure Biscotti called Harbaugh and said, "Sorry dude, Cam HAS to go."

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While my opinion of Ed Werner leaves a lot to be desired...

Quote:
Actually, the rumors have already started. According to ESPNís Ed Werder, the word inside the Cowboys organization is that if and when Turner gets fired, the team will have discussions about bringing Turner in as the offensive coordinator. If this move were to be made, it would allow Turner to call the plays and Jason Garrett could focus on being the head coach.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/07/nfl-rumors-could-norv-turner-return-to-dallas-cowboys-as-offensive-coodinator/

In Redball I Trust!
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spends wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:

Quote:

His main struggle is situational play calling.

Also, when you don't utilize one of the best RBs in the league over and over again - it tends to catch notice of EVERYONE. They basically split carries yesterday between Ray Rice and Bernard Pierece. I'm sure Biscotti called Harbaugh and said, "Sorry dude, Cam HAS to go."

This makes me sooooo happy. I own Ray Rice in fantasy football and every time the ravens game is on i find myself yelling at the tv because for some reason cameron thinks its a good idea to have ray rice on the sidelines and bernard Pierce in the game. Just a couple games ago ray rice didnt get a single carry in the 4th quarter of a close game.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Texas_OutLaw7 wrote:
While my opinion of Ed Werner leaves a lot to be desired...

Quote:
Actually, the rumors have already started. According to ESPNís Ed Werder, the word inside the Cowboys organization is that if and when Turner gets fired, the team will have discussions about bringing Turner in as the offensive coordinator. If this move were to be made, it would allow Turner to call the plays and Jason Garrett could focus on being the head coach.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2012/12/07/nfl-rumors-could-norv-turner-return-to-dallas-cowboys-as-offensive-coodinator/

Hellz yeah

^^^Deadpulse
Dboys88-82

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andy Reid currently has no intentions of taking a year off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000110859/article/andy-reid-has-no-intention-of-taking-year-off-from-nfl

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: