Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

We need a new secondary thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles
View previous topic :: View next topic  
killdawabbit

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BLick12 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
BLick12 wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
Phire wrote:
killdawabbit wrote:
BirdsFan06050 wrote:
PhiCelek87 wrote:
Phire wrote:
Eagles_808 wrote:
There is a chance DRC is not resigned this offseason. Just wanted to throw that out there.

I'd say he's gone. There's no way he would even want to stay.

I don't see how you could keep him - funny how quickly things change in six weeks.

The only guy I think thats back in a starting role next season is Allen. Asomugha makes too much money and DRC is a major part of the problem - no physicality whatsoever.

I don't understand what he was doing playing so far off in the red zone on the Bryant TD last night either... But I guess thats another story for another day.

I'd like to know why in the hell both of our press corners are playing so off since Bowles took over.

This secondary was playing great before Juan was fired.

And this is it, in a nutshell. Before Juan left the Eagles actually held opposing QBs to one of the lowest passer ratings in the NFL. Despite the lack of sacks. This points more toward coaching issues than it does blaming a scheme that even Juan was able to make work 3/4 of the time.

It's because Brandon Weeden in his 1st ever NFL start posted a QB rating of 5.

Flacco was in the 60s.

Both Manning and Roethlisberger were over 80.

Kolb was over 120.

The Eagles defense was nothing really special outside of Weeden who personally saw that our stats be skewed from week 1.

And that is still much better than what we've been seeing since the bye. You really don't have a point here.

Sure he does, our competition has been much better since after the bye. Combine that with players completely giving up on the system and you have a rather simple answer for all the problems. People seem to be forgetting just how badly Juan was getting trashed on these forums alone. It took the defense getting even worse to realize he wasn't the only problem.

Last I checked Manning and Roethlisberger were considered pretty good QBs on pretty good teams. Flacco isn't great, but he's not exactly considered a slouch either.

Juan was getting trashed pretty badly for a good while, although in an interesting twist, people actually watched the games and defended Juan like heck when he was fired. Ironically enough (considering how much crap he took from the fans/media/etc.) it turns out that Juan was the least of the defenses issues. He was at least able to make it work 3/4 of the time.

There's still not really any kind of argument there, though.

Eli Manning has an 85 QB rating this year. Pretty average.

Big Ben has been very good, I'll give them credit for that one.

To be fair, I never bashed Juan as hard some of the others did here. He made some poor decisions changing up the secondary most notably in the Lions game but for the most part he did a solid job with what he had, but ran a very vanilla defense. But to say "the secondary was great before Juan was fired" is still a bit of a stretch.

Great? No. Actually serviceable or better for the majority of a game, I'd say so.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doesn't cut it when you cough up a record number of 4th quarter leads

No one would be happy with a QB that was great for three quarters but always threw 3 picks in the 4th

RainbowCarebear wrote:
And use the boners for soup to survive through the winter

Bird Watch: Keelan Johnson - one magnificent tackle
oland11

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, all in favor of drafting NFL starting caliber bullies to play CB and S? We can keep Allen to play Center field but if there is a possibility to upgrade DRC, Scrabble and Kurt with 3 bullies who can actually tackle/start we should go for it!
Ra Boogie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Y'all want Nnamdi gone ??? How about switching coaching staff who can utilize he's skill set and play man to man instead of that wide 9 [inappropriate/removed].... Best corner in the league doesn't go bad after one season.

"I perform like Mike anyone, Tyson, Jordan, Jackson...."
RainbowCarebear

Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wide 9 means no man to man coverage? Laughing

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
NoHypeNeeded

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ra Boogie wrote:
Y'all want Nnamdi gone ??? How about switching coaching staff who can utilize he's skill set and play man to man instead of that wide 9 [inappropriate/removed].... Best corner in the league doesn't go bad after one season.

I agree, I personally would rather we keep Nnamdi atleast one more year to see what a competent coaching staff/defensive scheme does for him. We almost never play him as a press man CB and I'll never understand why.
WhackyPlague

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need a defensive coordinator.

A safety would help, too, but I can't blame these players anymore. The scheme is giving free plays to the offense.
Phire

Location: #FSU #championchip #2012BirdsHoF #2012GoldStnd #YAKtoseIntolerant #Merica #TrollyRangers #Danes
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnamdi has been getting beat in man-to-man pretty as well.
I just don't think he has the legs to lock down a receiver for the entire game.

I'm sure if Nnamdi had a concern or wanted to voice his strengths to the coaches he has already done so from day 1.

RainbowCarebear wrote:
Only for the quick and lucky.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Philadelphia Eagles All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: