Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

PF4L's Go Navy Beat Army Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: PF4L's Go Navy Beat Army Mock Reply with quote

Just getting ready to travel for the big game tomorrow. If you are from there, you understand. I have not done a mock since before the college season started, but here is what I think TT might do:

Just going to touch on some of the bigger keeps/losses before I get into the mock. The rest of the stays/gones are not going to impact this draft as much. See the roster to see who else stayed or left.

Gone:
Woodson
Jennings- tagged and traded for an earlier 2nd- yes I know the risk here Hypon, we have all heard about your misgivings on this move. To me it is well worth the risk. I am not going to complain about retaining GJ at one year at the tagged rate.

Benson

Driver

Staying:

Saturday. He is under contract for next year. This does not mean he will make the team next year, but he will come in to see if he has one more year in him. I think EDS takes the spot next year honestly. I think EDS is a much better C for this scheme than he is G.

Finley plays out his contract as well.

Round 1: CB Xavier Rhodes, FL ST- If enough Dlinemen declare, Rhodes could be available for the Pack. Originally I would put Woods here because this is where I think he will get drafted, however, TT feels Rhodes can play S or CB so he takes another premium DB. Plus, we already have a lot of mocks discussing Woods, so here is a guy to think about here instead. Premium position and BPA pick on a team that has few premium position needs heading into next year.

Round 2A: WR Cobi Hamilton, AR- Very productive WR at the college level that has a big body. I think he moves up the board here because of his production, size and I have a hunch he may test better than people think. Not the same mold as the departing GJ, but I think they already have that in Cobb. This pick is made to groom the coming roster decisions for Jones and Nelson. My original pick here would be Vacarro (which is where I value him here) but his name is already in too many of our Packer mocks. New names and new discussion please!

Round 2B- OLB Chase Thomas, STAN- This is not a pick that is any way giving up on Perry, it is a pick to build a better pass rush and to add a versatile player that can move in anywhere in case of injury and still play at a very high level. We could really use a guy like Thomas in a lot of looks and I am not really a fan of retaining Zombo and So'oto at all. Thomas adds a better pass rusher, run defender and player in space that Zombo and So'oto.

Round 3- RB Montee Ball, UW- Everyone knows the name. Ball runs a 4.58 and ends up in this slot. Great 3 down back prospect for the Pack. Time to come to grips with the fact that Starks is just one of those players that will not stay healthy.

Round 4A- DE Baker Steinkuler, NE- Solid player that would look good as a rotational DE for the Pack. Neal is another one of those players that cannot stay healthy, so between Steinkuler and Neal, one of them should actually be active and one inactive with an injury on game week.

Round 4B Comp- WR Quinton Patton- Another solid WR prospect. If you think TT will just be happy with what he already has at this position, I will disagree. In MMs multiple WR looks, the WR stable must be stocked with players that make other teams 4-5 CBs look stupid. Patton's history of production should translate well to the Titletown offense.

Round 5- RB Marcus Lattimore, SC- Here is where I would take a chance on this guy. The pack is in a position where they can afford to risk a 5th on a guy with a lot of God-given talent and a lot of bad breaks to this point in his football career. Decent receiver out of the backfield as well.

Round 6- OG/C Chris Jacobson, PITT- Played at C until this year. A lot of good and bad tape on this guy, but he is a guy that will find a way when given an oppotunity IMO.

Round 7- OT/OG Zack Martin ND- Another OG prospect brought in to get some depth inside for this team. I project Martin more as a LG and RT prospect for the Pack. Needs some time to develop, so a good Barbre type that hopefully turns out better.

Here is my new roster for next year:

QB: Rodgers, Coleman
RB: Ball, Green, Lattimore, Starks
FB: Kuhn
TE: Finley, Quarless, Crabtree, Taylor, (times up Williams)
WR: Cobb, Nelson, Jones, Hamilton, Boykin, Patton

OT: Sherrod, Bulaga, Newhouse (Datko remains on PS for another year)
OG: Lang, Sitton, Barclay, Jacobson
C: EDS, Jacobson, Van Roten

Dline: Raji, Daniels, Worthy, Pickett, Wilson, Steinkuler, Neal
ILB: Bishop, Hawk, Smith, Manning
OLB: Matthews, Perry, Thomas, Moses (bye Jones and Walden)
DBs: Williams, Heyward, House, Shields, Rhodes, Bush, Burnett, McMillian, Jennings

K: Crosby (beats out UDFA in TC)
P: Masthay
LS: Goode

The idea was to use higher picks on premium positions, get some depth for the oline, start to develop so we can replace oft injured players in the near future and not overvalue our C spot as much as a lot of other mocks. Made sure we added more to the ground game and kept the WR stable elite for A-Rod as he matures and gets older. He will need more of a running game in the future. I think the prospects of having EDS, Jacobson or Von Roten as our future C may project to a more physical line in the future. [/b]
spilltray

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boo!

Go Army!
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
PackFan4Life

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

spilltray wrote:
Boo!

Go Army!

The lesson will continue. Go Navy.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Navy is going to beat Army. Since Army isn't very good at football.
RiotPunch

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would love the Rhodes pick. Not really a need, but that guy was born to play on a Packers defense stylistically.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol I was getting tired of saying it anyway.

Wouldn't mind Rhodes
Hamilton is a guy I really like
Patton has a chance to go higher but I'll gladly take him if he's there at 4B
I'm fine taking Lattimore at 5, little risk

Oh yeah, and Go Navy
Dubyajay

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for some new names PF4L.
rbens06

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Rhodes, the athletic ability and position flexibility is a nice bonus. However, I like our young guys like Hayward, McMillian, House, and Shields, but I would not be upset with Rhodes and think he could be a nice addition to the young group we have.

Not sure how I feel on the Hamilton pick. I think he has a skillset that can work for us, just not sure how I feel about his value at the top of the second. Personally, I feel that is a reach for him.

I like Patton and Martin.

I like Lattimore and I would like this pick, we might have to "redshirt" him for his first pro season, but he is someone that if we are patient with, he can be a high reward guy for a low investment.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: