Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Polamalu Speaks
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bobikus

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Polamalu has kind of the Kurt Warner thing going on where he's missed a fair deal of time but when at 100% was just ridiculously dominant, except unlike Kurt the missing time was purely from injury and has never actually been mediocre while on the field like Kurt was for a stretch.

What really sets Troy apart though is just how much being the joker in the Lebeau-Tomlin defense really set apart what a safety could do for a defense. No safety has fully impacted how a defense plays in all aspects and how an offense has to adjust to account for a safety as prime Polamalu in the joker/rover role he was in.

I think the recent play that sums up the impact that Troy's presence has on the game was back in week 1 against the Broncos, the pre-snap chess match between Troy and Manning that resulted in Peyton burning a time out.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
If Troy isnt a first ballot guy, Ill staple my ballsack to the ceiling.

Thank God he's a lock or you might be in some serious pain very soon Laughing
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well my friend, I would never say something like that unless it WAS a lock. Laughing
stefan52268

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Troy is a class act and in a class by himself. One of my favorite players to watch. We all know the end is drawing near. I hope he had at least one more season left in him after this season.

Props to Lyasr529 on the sweet sig!
SouthwestSteel

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to keep in mind is that the last few years have been "Low Mileage" years on his body compared to most other NFL players, since he has missed so much time with nagging injuries. Despite the intensity of the way he has thrown himself around on the field, he might have two years left in the tank, not just one. I suspect with the way he eats and takes care of himself in general, and how much he loves the game, we will see him for a while longer! And I am looking forward to some more philosophical quotes from him, like the words posted today.
at23steelers

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
kethnaab wrote:
at23steelers wrote:
Ike Taylor has the same accolades besides the DPOY as Troy

could you explain what you mean? Was that a typo? Ike has almost no accolades, and compared to Troy, he doesn't deserve them

I think he was speaking along the lines of the team accomplishments....like being part of several number 1 defenses. But as I stated, thats a suppementary fact to add on to what Troy has done himself. It helps Troy's case but doesnt make it. In Ike's case, all he really has is the fact that he was part of those defenses, but nothing in terms of his own PERSONAL accolades.

Also add on the fact that Troy is a 5x All Pro and 7x Pro Bowler. The Pro Bowl is a joke but the voters do look at that, fair or not.

Right, Im sorry I didn't want to make much out of it haha. Im just saying in general, I wouldn't use team accolades as much as the reasoning behind an NFL player. It definitely supplements it like you said though.
steelcurtain29

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Well my friend, I would never say something like that unless it WAS a lock. Laughing

Tricks on us; you're probably referring to the sack that holds all your footballs Laughing
FourThreeMafia

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:
steelcurtain29 wrote:
FourThreeMafia wrote:

Tricks on us; you're probably referring to the sack that holds all your footballs Laughing

Cool
The Curtain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It isn't just about being part of a number of epic defenses, which is what Ike Taylor was. Troy was the face of those defenses. And as big a playmaker as there was. Whether it of been a tackle, a strip, a recovery, an INT, he made some crazy plays. And he made a lot in clutch moments, too. As well as supporting the running D better than any safety I've ever seen.

For the next 15-20 years at least, when people talk about the S position, they'll be talking about Troy Polamalu and Ed Reed.

I don't know how close to retirement Troy actually is, but with the injuries and the fact that he's had what was it, 9 concussions? It could be over at any moment when at that point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Pittsburgh Steelers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: