Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

My thoughts and hopes for this team
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NCOUGHMAN

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
time for the youth movement. im all for sitting some old guys and letting some young guys get playing time.

I think there's really no reason Pryor shouldn't start the last 4 games. We will know to some degree what he has to offer if he did. But do I think he will - no way. Maybe the last one..

All the other young guys are already seeing good time and seeing their time increase. Criner, Bilukidi, Bergstrom..

-ausberry and tj needs some pt
-i think gordon is the best fb on the roster why not let him start
-i want to see more of crawford also cause sho nasty isnt doing squat

green24 wrote:
NCOUGHMAN > all of you

Raider X wrote:
This is football, not pussology 101
OakRaiders3828

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd rather see more of Stewart than TJ
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 12:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
time for the youth movement. im all for sitting some old guys and letting some young guys get playing time.

I think there's really no reason Pryor shouldn't start the last 4 games. We will know to some degree what he has to offer if he did. But do I think he will - no way. Maybe the last one..

All the other young guys are already seeing good time and seeing their time increase. Criner, Bilukidi, Bergstrom..

Ausberry yes, Jones only in the hope that he plays well and becomes trade bait - he'll never take a beating a RB must take. The problem with playing Jones is that we already have 4 guys ready to carry the ball, and might need all of them to for other reasons. Maybe McFadden ups his trade value with 4 good weeks. Maybe Reece assumes a large running role if this isn't just a small sample size he can't repeat. Maybe Stewart finds a larger role by proving himself in the next 4 weeks. Goodson solidifies role... etc. Jones is the 5th RB and with good reason, the other guys are better, more durable, and not consistent fumblers. They all need the ball more than Jones.

Gordon at FB, meh. He's been on the field at ST and early season as blocking TE. I think the staff saw all they wanted to see as a pass catcher early in the season - not too great.

Crawford, sure I'd like to see him get some time but I bet he's really raw and kinda sucks right now. Not a big deal.
Keleth

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Ausberry yes, Jones only in the hope that he plays well and becomes trade bait - he'll never take a beating a RB must take. The problem with playing Jones is that we already have 4 guys ready to carry the ball, and might need all of them to for other reasons. Maybe McFadden ups his trade value with 4 good weeks. Maybe Reece assumes a large running role if this isn't just a small sample size he can't repeat. Maybe Stewart finds a larger role by proving himself in the next 4 weeks. Goodson solidifies role... etc. Jones is the 5th RB and with good reason, the other guys are better, more durable, and not consistent fumblers. They all need the ball more than Jones.

Gordon at FB, meh. He's been on the field at ST and early season as blocking TE. I think the staff saw all they wanted to see as a pass catcher early in the season - not too great.

Crawford, sure I'd like to see him get some time but I bet he's really raw and kinda sucks right now. Not a big deal.

Didn't they used to say that about Sproles ?
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I'd rather see the person who gives us the best chance to win on Sundays (or in this case, Thursday). I hate losing. I don't want to "try out" players. That's what practice is for. If they can't cut it in practice, they won't be able to cut it on the field so barring injury, they don't deserve to play.

I'm sick of losing. I want the best team we have out there. Stewart has been proving to be more of a back than Jones so I'm all for it.

PM sig requests.
Silver&Black88

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

I'd rather see the person who gives us the best chance to win on Sundays (or in this case, Thursday). I hate losing. I don't want to "try out" players. That's what practice is for. If they can't cut it in practice, they won't be able to cut it on the field so barring injury, they don't deserve to play.

I'm sick of losing. I want the best team we have out there. Stewart has been proving to be more of a back than Jones so I'm all for it.

I'm with both of you which is why I'd rather see Stewart out there. TJ got boned, but Stewart produces so feed him. I kind of hop we move on from Taiwan this year. I think he's capable of a lot more, but its obvious the coaches don't think highly of him. Why waste the roster spot or cap space on a guy who doesn't see snaps other than ST and is injury prone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Exactly. People bash the staff for not playing Jones but there's obviously a reason considering they see him every day
holyghost

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keleth wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:
holyghost wrote:
NCOUGHMAN wrote:

Didn't they used to say that about Sproles ?

I really don't know. But I know there's a difference between being short and being a stick figure.
The short running backs tend to be the ones who prove people wrong, whether it's Bradshaw, Sproles, Martin, Jones Drew, etc.. Because while they are short, they are hell strong and stout. The stick figures, do they prove anyone wrong? I don't know, I can't name any who have done anything so I can't say.

I'd hardly compare the physical attributes of Sproles and Jones though.

Honestly, Stewart, Reece, Goodson and McFadden have all earned the ball far more than Jones in their time back there. The only one who hasn't done something of note is Jones. And the only one consistently looking like the game is too big for him, is also Jones. So can anyone give me a reason why he shouldn't be 5th on the depth chart? Other than one preseason game against the Saints, and speed?

Not only should he not get the ball, but he shouldn't even be active on any remaining gameday, other than to be gunner which he is really good at.

Jeez, he can tackle and is a mess with the ball in his hands, and sits in 5th at RB. Sounds like a CB to me, convert him and let him play special teams while we he learns. For the first time a conversion makes real legitimate sense and can actually work out roster-wise considering he can play STs very well while (if) he develops.
raiders707

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hue Jackson I miss him rumor had it the team or half the team didn't like him
Dreadymatt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope we start blitzing 6 or 7 from the chiefs game - lets make it risky, but interesting
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreadymatt wrote:
I hope we start blitzing 6 or 7 from the chiefs game - lets make it risky, but interesting

I want to make Brady Quinn beat us. If we do that, I think we'll be OK.

PM sig requests.
RaisinBran

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OakRaiders3828 wrote:
JTagg7754 wrote:
OakRaiders3828 wrote:

Exactly. People bash the staff for not playing Jones but there's obviously a reason considering they see him every day

I disagree to an extent.

When you're season is over and there's 5 games left, it's a great time to evaluate your talent in in-game situations. That's where you see player's true colors.

By being out of the playoff race so early, we should've been evaluating players for next season instead of just playing out usual starters. There's really no point in playing the starters... Risking injury when there's no chance at making the playoffs. What a waste. Let the young guys play and prove themselves that they should be on the roster for next season.

(NFL)=Raiders, (MLB)=A's, (NBA)= Warriors
PSN: KDubBallin

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: