Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Te'o v. Tulloch
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18166
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Willis was anywhere from 15-25 on everyone's big board in 2007. He didnt crack the top ten. Not even close.

The consensus top 10 that year was:
Calvin
JaMarcus
Thomas
AP
Levi Brown
Quinn
Gaines Adams
Jamaal Anderson
Alan Branch
Laron Landry

With Akoye, Carriker and Revis all in the mix.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18166
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Boards for 2007:
usatoday30.usatoday.com/sports/football/draft/2007-02-28-top-64-big-board_x.htm?csp=34
nbadraftguru.blogspot.com/2007/04/2007-nfl-draft-big-board.html?m=1

This is just a couple I found real quick. You can keep going. I dont think you'll find any with Willis scratching the top 10.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Footballs Future #6
NFL Draft Scout # 9
Draft Countdown #7
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8606
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.


I'm not sure what your point is? If they were top 5 in 2007 why is it hindsight?
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Nnivolcm


Joined: 07 Aug 2008
Posts: 8606
Location: Montana
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.


I'm not sure what your point is? If they were top 5 in 2007 why is it hindsight?


Because most places didn't have Revis or Willis as top ten prospects that year. They ended up being some of the better players from that draft, so hindsight says they were some of the best prospects.
_________________
FootballPhreak wrote:
I would absolutely take Stafford over Rivers


Team Stylish
Thanks to Smack for the sig!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.


I'm not sure what your point is? If they were top 5 in 2007 why is it hindsight?


Because most places didn't have Revis or Willis as top ten prospects that year. They ended up being some of the better players from that draft, so hindsight says they were some of the best prospects.


I just looked at the 1st page of the google source and it gave 3 websites here's in the top ten. I've only seen 2 websites that doesn't have him in the top 10.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18166
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.


I'm not sure what your point is? If they were top 5 in 2007 why is it hindsight?


Because most places didn't have Revis or Willis as top ten prospects that year. They ended up being some of the better players from that draft, so hindsight says they were some of the best prospects.


I just looked at the 1st page of the google source and it gave 3 websites here's in the top ten. I've only seen 2 websites that doesn't have him in the top 10.


Links?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
LionsFTW


Joined: 25 Jan 2010
Posts: 18166
Location: Rock City, Arkansas
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's mike mayocks 2007 big board.

1. Calvin Johnson Wide Receiver Georgia Tech
2. JaMarcus Russell Quarterback LSU
3. Adrian Peterson Running Back Oklahoma
4. LaRon Landry Safety LSU
5. Joe Thomas Tackle Wisconsin
6. Brady Quinn Quarterback Notre Dame
7. Gaines Adams Defensive End Clemson
8. Adam Carriker Defensive End Nebraska
9. Chris Houston Cornerback Houston
10. Amobi Okoye Defensive Tackle Louisville
11. Darrelle Revis Cornerback Pittsburgh
12. Jamaal Anderson Defensive End Arkansas
13. Ted Ginn Jr. Wide Receiver Ohio State
14. Alan Branch Defensive Tackle Michigan
15. Jon Beason Outside Linebacker Miami FL
16. Patrick Willis Inside Linebacker Ole Miss
17. Marshawn Lynch Running Back California
18. Leon Hall Cornerback Michigan
19. Dwayne Bowe Wide Receiver LSU
20. Brandon Meriweather Safety Miami FL
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lionsfanforever


Joined: 27 Sep 2009
Posts: 4629
Location: Flint, MI
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
Nnivolcm wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
Lionsfanforever wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
IDOG_det wrote:
LionsFTW wrote:
You cant take the best mlb prospect since forever and make him an olb. You either use him as trafe bait or you pick someone else
Kuechly says hi


Te'o is a much better prospects than Luke was


Patrick Willis says hi.


Patrick Willis wasnt even a top 10 prospect in 2007.


Yes he was he was right behind Russell, Calvin, AP, Thomas, and Revis.


That is funny because Revis wasn't even taken in the top ten.


Neither was Willis doesn't mean they weren't considered top 10 talent.


You listed five players. The top five prospects are going to be drafted in the top ten. Your list of prospects seem to have quite a bit of hindsight attached other than Russell.


I'm not sure what your point is? If they were top 5 in 2007 why is it hindsight?


Because most places didn't have Revis or Willis as top ten prospects that year. They ended up being some of the better players from that draft, so hindsight says they were some of the best prospects.


I just looked at the 1st page of the google source and it gave 3 websites here's in the top ten. I've only seen 2 websites that doesn't have him in the top 10.


Links?


Football's Future #6
http://www.footballsfuture.com/2007/prospects/

Draft Count Down #7
http://www.draftcountdown.com/archive/2007/2007-Top-Overall.php

Pro Football Scout #9
http://profootball.scout.com/a.z?s=127&p=9&c=12&nid=83&lnid=124&yr=2007
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group