Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 14: Baltimore Ravens at Washington Redskins
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Thaiphoon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brian23 wrote:
Their is no Ravens/Redskins rivalry. Ravens hate Redskins and Redskins just really don't seem to care.

This. When they are playing in the AFC playoffs I tend to root for them, but I really don't care much either way.

Being Vague Is Almost As Much Fun As That Other Thing
mike23md

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just heard this morning that both Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs are not playing. That makes things a little easier to stomach.

Still going to be a physical game, but with those two out, we can breathe just a tad bit easier.

2015 NFL MOCK DRAFT
Ktizzzlee21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
Brian23 wrote:
Their is no Ravens/Redskins rivalry. Ravens hate Redskins and Redskins just really don't seem to care.

This. When they are playing in the AFC playoffs I tend to root for them, but I really don't care much either way.

I hate the ravens in the regular season just because a bunch of my raven friends are annoying as ****. But unless they play the skins i'll always secretly root for them in the playoffs, just cause i'm born n raised in maryland.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mike23md wrote:
Just heard this morning that both Ray Lewis and Terrell Suggs are not playing. That makes things a little easier to stomach.

Still going to be a physical game, but with those two out, we can breathe just a tad bit easier.
terrell Suggs hasn't been much of a factor this year coming off the partially torn Achillies. He doesn't scare me at all.

Ray Lewis hasn't played like he did in years past before his injury. Much like we know Flether has lost a step, so has Lewis and Lewis has missed a month- maybe more? Of games this year.

I wonder what Lewis going to be when he gets back next week.

Then you have Ed Reed playing with one arm because of his shoulder. Both of their best cbs are out with injuries, Nagata has been slowed a lot and hasn't had much of an impact this year because of foot/ankle injuries. Their starting NT is Maake Kemoeatu- who we cut after one injury riddled year with us. Their D has been nearly as bad as ours this season.

The offense has carried the Ravens this year.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thaiphoon wrote:
THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
The Skins 12th man always adds to the fan experience, and I am sure those who participated in this chant won't soon forget that moment.

Hopefully the Redskins Marching band will be leading another RG3 chant this Sunday after the Battle of The Beltway match-up between the Ravens.

Trevor Jackson | December 6, 2012 at 7:54 pm | URL: http://wp.me/p2lxIJ-16P

Trouble clicking? Copy and paste this URL into your browser:
http://blogsohardsports.com/redskins/rg3-chants-break-out-to-the-redskins-marching-band-drumline/

Wow! Redskins Nation going hard! The band is amazing!

Surely you're joking right? I love the Redskins with all my heart, but the band blows. Trust me, I'm a musician and have played in quite a few marching bands and the Redskins Band is bad. Not tragically bad...just bad.
i can't really argue how good or bad they are, I'm no expert. I do think they are decent though. but its still cool what these people do in their spare time. They aren't full time musicians, they have regular lives with regular jobs or they are retired and go practice in their spare time for the redskins band.

Also, I love the fact that we have so much tradition with the redskins band! They have dated back decades and are a major part of our history. Only team in the league with a band and its made up of every day citizens! Pretty damn cool in my eyes. Cool
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/redskins-ravens-rivalry-for-the-fans-not-the-players/

Redskins-Ravens rivalry is for the fans, not players:

Like I was saying. This is a rivalry between fans of both teams in this area. It's not really a team rivalry or between the players.

Quote:
The Redskins-Ravens matchup is a rare NFL contest that elicits more passion from the fans than the players. In the Washington area, Redskins rooters live among Ravens boosters on a daily basis. That’s true, in part, because the Redskins have generally been failures since the Ravens arrived in Baltimore in 1996, making the playoffs just three times, winning only two postseason victories and one division title.

And the Ravens gained fans in the Washington area who were accustomed to cheering for a Baltimore team as supporters of the Orioles when we were deprived of the baseball from 1972-2004.

What’s more, Washington media hardly cover Baltimore’s teams and Baltimore media ignore Washington’s. They only overlap these days at the Preakness or games involving Maryland or Navy.

There’s also this: the Redskins and Ravens have never been good at the same time. While Baltimore is cruising to another AFC North title, Washington, despite its current three-game winning streak, is on course to miss the playoffs for a fifth straight year. In the three years that the Redskins reached postseason since the Ravens were born, the latter went 8-8, 6-10 and 5-11. Washington has never finished better than 8-8 when Baltimore makes the playoffs, averaging six victories during those eight seasons.

THESKINSFAN21

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can RG3 continue his streak breaking?
Quote:
The Ravens are undefeated in the last 15 games following a loss, dating back to Week 5 of the 2009 season.

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-203874985%2F1113051431572141441269652122

mike23md on the sig
David Amerson-48 Tackles 12 PD 2 INT 1 TD 1 FF
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

THESKINSFAN21 wrote:
Can RG3 continue his streak breaking?
Quote:
The Ravens are undefeated in the last 15 games following a loss, dating back to Week 5 of the 2009 season.

http://m.redskins.com/s/30856/newsDetails?itemPos=1&itemUri=-203874985%2F1113051431572141441269652122
he's definitely got a shot at doing it. Although, I'd say its a long shot. Just like when we play the steelers- we usually don't show up in games vs the ravens. I'd welcome a change to that though. Very Happy
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 3:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.redskins.com/news-and-events/article-1/Griffin-III-I-Want-To-Be-The-BestEver/1b1d813e-09c0-4d95-b6aa-62f1fd153910

Rg3 interview a few days ago, talking about the ravens game

He talks a lot about the challenges that the ravens defense, in particular Ed Reed presents in this weeks match up. It's a great interview:

Quote:
On the Baltimore Ravens’ defense:

“As a fan of the game when you watch the NFL, you can see the intensity they play with and certainly on film, you can see it as well. They bring it physically every game. They’ve always had great personnel and then, [safety] Ed Reed, he’s the top of that defense. With Ray Lewis being out, he is the leader of that defense. He does a good job with everything. He covers good ground. He tackles well. He’s got good ball skills. It’s nothing to fear but you definitely have to be aware of where he’s at.”

On his awareness of Reed:

“Tana’s [wide receiver Santana Moss] telling the truth and the coaches said it: He’s the best safety to ever play, or one of the best to ever play. You respect that. I respect him as a player. I’m going to be aware of where he’s at. Like I said, it’s nothing to fear. But he covers a lot of ground. He does a lot of unconventional things. You’ve just got to be aware of where he’s at just like he’s got to be aware of where I am and [running back] Alfred [Morris] and everyone else.”
good stuff. Good stuff.

You know seeing Ed reed play vs us makes the loss of Sean Taylor hurt a lot more IMO. Sean was everything that Ed is and more physically, especially as an intimidator on the back end of our defense and a tackler which wrs and Tes alike feared.
turtle28

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/06/matt-birk-on-redskins-the-whole-offense-is-making-plays/

Matt Birk Pro bowl Center for the ravens says our whole offense is making plays.

Quote:
When asked about Robert Griffin III, Birk gave credit to both the rookie quarterback and the rest of the Redskins offense. He has seen how RG3’s success at a leadership position has helped his teammates succeed.

“That’s the beautiful thing about momentum… when it’s in your favor you just go with it and it’s a great feeling,” Birk said. “He’s making a lot of plays but the whole offense is making plays and they’re in a good spot right now.”

"Obviously we don’t play each other a whole lot but [I think] when we do it’s pretty special for the region and for the fans and that’s what really makes it a rivalry,” Birk said.
damn. He's a real class act. He's one of the few ravens I actually like.
skinsfanLA

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lavar703 wrote:
Why do so many Ravens fans hate the Redskins? When visiting some of there boards on the web, I noticed quite a few dispise the Redskins. I honestly have no idea how you could have such hatred for a team in a completely different division that you rarely every play? What I thought was the best part was the amount of posts that started out with "I used to be a Redskins fan". How do you quit being a fan of your team, just doesn't make sense?

There are three types of Ravens fans who see this as a HUGE rivalry and who hate the redskins:

1. They are old Colts fans who were furious that their team dipped out in the middle of the night in the 1980s. Add to that the other local team was one of the top teams in the NFL at the time, you have a bitter bunch who hate the Skins for being so successful when their beloved team left them high and dry. It's like a friend who stops hanging out with you and your girlfriend after he gets dumped.

2. They are too young to remember the glory days of the Redskins, and the latched onto the Ravens because they won a Super Bowl when they were kids and were a local team. They usually have parents or brothers and sisters who are Skins fans. They see the Skins as a rival because it is important for them to prove to their family that they picked the right team.

3. Their parents are #1 and they were born into the hate.

I always feel like this "rivalry" is bigger to Ravens fans than it is to us.

This is a HUGE game for either team. It should be crazy. I can't wait.

Redskins 39 - Ravens 33

Both suspect Ds and high scoring Os. So it's probably going to be a 6-3 game just because it should be high scoring.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Ahhhh the old "unnamed source". It's been way too long, my very credible friend!
FosterTheSkins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
http://washington.cbslocal.com/2012/12/05/redskins-ravens-rivalry-for-the-fans-not-the-players/

Redskins-Ravens rivalry is for the fans, not players:

Like I was saying. This is a rivalry between fans of both teams in this area. It's not really a team rivalry or between the players.

Quote:
The Redskins-Ravens matchup is a rare NFL contest that elicits more passion from the fans than the players. In the Washington area, Redskins rooters live among Ravens boosters on a daily basis. That’s true, in part, because the Redskins have generally been failures since the Ravens arrived in Baltimore in 1996, making the playoffs just three times, winning only two postseason victories and one division title.

And the Ravens gained fans in the Washington area who were accustomed to cheering for a Baltimore team as supporters of the Orioles when we were deprived of the baseball from 1972-2004.

What’s more, Washington media hardly cover Baltimore’s teams and Baltimore media ignore Washington’s. They only overlap these days at the Preakness or games involving Maryland or Navy.

There’s also this: the Redskins and Ravens have never been good at the same time. While Baltimore is cruising to another AFC North title, Washington, despite its current three-game winning streak, is on course to miss the playoffs for a fifth straight year. In the three years that the Redskins reached postseason since the Ravens were born, the latter went 8-8, 6-10 and 5-11. Washington has never finished better than 8-8 when Baltimore makes the playoffs, averaging six victories during those eight seasons.

Yeah that about sums it up; a rivalry between the fans. Some of the Ravens fans are ok. But the ones who bash the Skins are some of the worst, most obnoxious people I've ever had to deal with. That's the main reason I root against them. Whether regular or post season I always want Balt to lose.

When they first came here I wanted them to do well because they were a hometown team too. But after they won there lone Superbowl there fans have been insufferable. Why some of their fans feel the need to bash us Skins fans is beyond me? Where not in the same division or conference, for that matter. At this point I dislike the Ravens more than the Cowboys and almost as bad as the Giants (and even with NY its more of a sports thing. Its not personal, but with Bal it is very, very personal).
Better run better run faster than RG3.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

terrell Suggs hasn't been much of a factor this year coming off the partially torn Achillies. He doesn't scare me at all.

Ray Lewis hasn't played like he did in years past before his injury. Much like we know Flether has lost a step, so has Lewis and Lewis has missed a month- maybe more? Of games this year.

Then you have Ed Reed playing with one arm because of his shoulder. Both of their best cbs are out with injuries, Nagata has been slowed a lot and hasn't had much of an impact this year because of foot/ankle injuries. Their starting NT is Maake Kemoeatu- who we cut after one injury riddled year with us. Their D has been nearly as bad as ours this season.

Not true, Suggs has been huge IMO, while he only has 2 sacks since he came back, he's definitely been a huge factor in our defense being ranked #1 in points allowed after the Bye, also I think we're like 5th in YPC against the run. Not to mention that teams are accounting for Suggs more since he dominated in the Houston game, that Kruger has had 5 straight sacks in the last 5 games. So yeah, while we're near the bottom in yards given per game, our defense is really not that bad. Not good for sure, but not as bad as you make it sound like.
turtle28

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 5:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RavensDefense3 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

Not true, Suggs has been huge IMO, while he only has 2 sacks since he came back, he's definitely been a huge factor in our defense being ranked #1 in points allowed after the Bye, also I think we're like 5th in YPC against the run. Not to mention that teams are accounting for Suggs more since he dominated in the Houston game, that Kruger has had 5 straight sacks in the last 5 games. So yeah, while we're near the bottom in yards given per game, our defense is really not that bad. Not good for sure, but not as bad as you make it sound like.
I'm not saying Suggs isn't having an impact, but he's not the 2010 and 2011 and previous years version of "T-Sizzle" "ball so hard" that sometimes dominated games more than Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.

I attribute the run D and points being better more to Haloti Nagata being more healthy now than he has been all season.
RavensDefense3

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

turtle28 wrote:
RavensDefense3 wrote:
turtle28 wrote:
mike23md wrote:

I'm not saying Suggs isn't having an impact, but he's not the 2010 and 2011 and previous years version of "T-Sizzle" "ball so hard" that sometimes dominated games more than Ray Lewis or Ed Reed.

I attribute the run D and points being better more to Haloti Nagata being more healthy now than he has been all season.

Fair enough, you made it sound like Suggs was a complete non-factor this year in the first post.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Washington Redskins All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28

Jump to: