Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Flash's First Mock

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
.flash

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Flash's First Mock Reply with quote

Season
- Packers go 11-5*, lose to 49ers in playoffs somewhere [pick somewhere in 25-28 range]
*technically 12-4, still bitter? yes.

Free Agency
Matt Moore | QB | MIA

Better than Graham Harrell.

Coming Back
Sam Shields

Erik Walden

Evan Dietrich-Smith

Tom Crabtree

Brad Jones

Gone
Greg Jennings - Tagged and Traded

He's tagged and traded along with a 4th round pick to the St. Louis Rams (picking in the 10-15 range for this mock) for the Rams' 2nd and 3rd rounder.

Donald Driver - Retires

Charles Woodson - Retires

Jeff Saturday - Retires

Cedric Benson

Draft
1 Jonathan Cooper | C/G | UNC

My favorite prospect for us thus far in round one. I want him on this team. His nasty attitude is a great add to the middle of our line. He's a tough SOB that instantly improves our running game. Its hard to justify a center in round one but Cooper has a chance to be elite.

2 [Rams] Robert Woods | WR | USC

Woods is one of the WR's who I feel fits our system well. He's a polished WR - technically sound. Great routes, good hands, good ball skills. I think we can plug him into our offense right away and have him produce.

2 Sylvester Williams | DT | UNC

An impressive big man who surprised me with his quickness. Pickett won't be playing forever, Raji needs a viable backup and both of their contracts will run out after 2013. I think a guy like Williams is a smart add to our DL.

3 [Rams] Andrew Jackson | ILB | Western Kentucky

Just a tough, physical inside 'backer whose easy to love as a prospect. Old school feel to him; sheds blocks and brings some serious wood.

3 Stepfan Taylor | RB | Stanford

A solid football player. He's got a complete skill set and played in a pro style offense in Palo Alto. He runs hard and is a productive back. Don't know if we'll ever find a star in Green Bay, but if we don't go high at RB we will have to keep searching. I think Taylor has the chance to excel in our system, and that's worth it enough for Thompson to roll the dice here in the third.

4 [comp/Flynn] Duke Williams | S | Nevada

Simply put, he's a playmaker and a major leader on D for the Wolf Pack. More competition at the safety spot should produce a solid starter opposite Morgan Burnett.

5 Christine Michael | RB |Texas A&M

I like the way he runs. LIS, if we don't go high at RB we ought not waste much time with the Starks' and Greens' of the NFL. Mediocrity at RB should not be standard in Green Bay. Runs with power and can hit the hole hard. Michael is another guy who I feel could excel in Green Bay and competition is absolutely necessary at this position.

6 Blidi Wreh-Wilson | CB | Connecticut

Size speed prospect (6-1 and he's got some wheels) we take a flyer on here late. Can't say I've seen him play much.

7 Dustin Hopkins | K | FSU

I don't know about Mason. Every kicker has there downs but his slump right now is inexcusable. If nothing else, Hopkins is the best collegiate kicker in the country and would offer competition in TC.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great Mock! Absolutely love most of your picks. Had to LOL at the Michael analysis though. Starks and Green were both high draft picks, and Michael went down in both 2010 and 2011 with injuries, and has only stayed healthy this year because of a reduced snap count. IMO he IS a Starks/Green.
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

our lack of a running game is far from the RBs' faults

we have run blocking issues on the O-line
ajhawk5047

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
Great Mock! Absolutely love most of your picks. Had to LOL at the Michael analysis though. Starks and Green were both high draft picks, and Michael went down in both 2010 and 2011 with injuries, and has only stayed healthy this year because of a reduced snap count. IMO he IS a Starks/Green.

Starks was a 6th rounder. I don't know much about the guy, but just because they have all had their share of injuries doesn't mean they're the same type of running back. Starks and Green are already very different players.
Lambeauleaper61

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Really like this mock! How would you feel if Jackson was dropped out and Travis Fredrick was put in his place? I really like Fredrick for his toughness and think he would make a great center at 6'4" and 330#
justo

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those first three rounds would make me so incredibly happy. Not sold on Syl but whateves.

I actually had a dream yesterday that we traded Mason Crosby. I'm not sure I want an FSU kicker...all my memories of them are failing..
The difference is that this is a FOOTBALL forum. Heated debates about FOOTBALL are expected and encouraged. If you want to discuss your cure for Ebola, try ebolasfuture.com or any other appropriate forum.
Jleisher

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy!
MantyWrestler

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not a bad draft but am I the only one that thinks Jennings and 4th for a 2nd and 3rd is a total rip off for us? I think the guy might be worth a 1st on his own.
HyponGrey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MantyWrestler wrote:
Not a bad draft but am I the only one that thinks Jennings and 4th for a 2nd and 3rd is a total rip off for us? I think the guy might be worth a 1st on his own.
I think we'd be lucky to get anything for him personally. Tag and trade has huge backfire potential.
Beast

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2012 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HyponGrey wrote:
MantyWrestler wrote:
I think we'd be lucky to get anything for him personally. Tag and trade has huge backfire potential.

Yeah I just don't get the idea... I think people just want more picks to work with... so they trade him. Jennings is clearly a #1 WR... the others are good but they're at best #2 guys right now. Don't get me wrong, a group of #2s is pretty good depth wise... but Jennings is just better and better to have him around.

He's going to get paid... heck look at what the Packers paid Hawk... and he's not as good as Jennings... if nothing else, they'll cut Finley and give that money towards Jennings contract (which honestly, his cap number is probably going to stay the same and not go up or down too much).

Jennings doesn't get the hype other WRs do... he'll still be in the Packers ball park money...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: