Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Offseason Discussion: Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
My ideal and realistic scenario

LT: Webb, because the other options suck worse.

LG: Carimi, try and get some value and he looked good at LG at the Senior Bowl.

C: Jonathan Cooper [1st round], athletic an physical.

RG: Louis/Garza, if Louis is on PUP we go to Garza for 6 weeks.

RT; Andre Smith [Free Agent] he is a RT only so I think he hits the market and costs about 1/2 of what Clady would if he became a free agent.
I want

LT Eric Fisher (1st)
LG Carimi
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Andre Smith

I think Smith would be a real nice pickup since he can definitely start at 3 spots.

If Fisher was there at 27 I would also like the plan, but I doubt he is.

We also have to remember that just because Fisher gets picked in the late 1st round does not mean that he can play.

Ex. Gabe Carimi, Derek Sherrod.

Your plan works as well, I just don't agree with people who think we automatically can upgrade at LT.
you can't assume your 1st roun pick won't be able to play.

I know that is the Angelo scars coming through.

I need 1 starter on the OL from free agency and 1 from the draft what positions they play is up in the air.

But I think we need to temper the expectations at LT.
I wouldnt draft a RT in the 1st which is why the Carimi pick was stupid but we really had no choice since Tice obviously wanted Webb at LT which has been a bad move. LT is the obvious pick for me. Webb has proven that he shouldnt be given a starting role. If he actually beats someone out then ok but he never has. (I dont count Williams as a true competition)

If we can find a true LT at the end of round 1 then I am all for it.

LT 1st round pick
LG Carimi
C Levitre (Free Agent)
RG Louis/Garza is Louis hurt
RT Webb
I cant see Buffalo letting Levitre go. I dont even trust Webb to play RT. He's sucked there too. My ideal would be Fisher in the 1st and Khalid Holmes as well with Andre Smith in FA.

Levitre will hit the market because no one can tag a interior OLmen and I do not know what Buffalos cap looks like after the defensive spending, but who knows.

If we got late 1st LT we are going to need to do some deep scouting in case Fisher does not fall.
Buffalo has the cap space.

We dont have to go LT. Im a BPA guy. Fisher could be there though. He's at best the #4 OT now.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

RT; Andre Smith [Free Agent] he is a RT only so I think he hits the market and costs about 1/2 of what Clady would if he became a free agent.
I want

LT Eric Fisher (1st)
LG Carimi
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Andre Smith

I think Smith would be a real nice pickup since he can definitely start at 3 spots.

We also have to remember that just because Fisher gets picked in the late 1st round does not mean that he can play.

Your plan works as well, I just don't agree with people who think we automatically can upgrade at LT.

I need 1 starter on the OL from free agency and 1 from the draft what positions they play is up in the air.

I wouldnt draft a RT in the 1st which is why the Carimi pick was stupid but we really had no choice since Tice obviously wanted Webb at LT which has been a bad move. LT is the obvious pick for me. Webb has proven that he shouldnt be given a starting role. If he actually beats someone out then ok but he never has. (I dont count Williams as a true competition)

LT 1st round pick
LG Carimi
C Levitre (Free Agent)
RT Webb
I cant see Buffalo letting Levitre go. I dont even trust Webb to play RT. He's sucked there too. My ideal would be Fisher in the 1st and Khalid Holmes as well with Andre Smith in FA.

Levitre will hit the market because no one can tag a interior OLmen and I do not know what Buffalos cap looks like after the defensive spending, but who knows.

If we got late 1st LT we are going to need to do some deep scouting in case Fisher does not fall.

We dont have to go LT. Im a BPA guy. Fisher could be there though. He's at best the #4 OT now.

But if we do not go LT early then Webb more than likely starts.
DaMike

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I want

LT Eric Fisher (1st)
LG Carimi
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Andre Smith

LT 1st round pick
LG Carimi
C Levitre (Free Agent)
RT Webb

True. I hope we go LT in FA or in the first two rounds of the draft.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
DaMike wrote:
WindyCity wrote:

I want

LT Eric Fisher (1st)
LG Carimi
C Garza
RG Louis
RT Andre Smith

LT 1st round pick
LG Carimi
C Levitre (Free Agent)
RT Webb

True. I hope we go LT in FA or in the first two rounds of the draft.

If we can get Albert, Bushrod, Clady I would make the move.

Long to me has declined in his play and won't be worth the money.

Vollmer is my dark horse since I think he can play LT and the fact that he is a RT and has had a back injury may reduce his cost.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not so sure we need to worry about many of the OTs being tagged...the cost this year would be $15.36 million.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Not so sure we need to worry about many of the OTs being tagged...the cost this year would be $15.36 million.

I think Clady gets tagged for sure.

But Donald Stephenson has stepped in for an injured Branden Albert and played rather well. I wonder if there is a chance that he sneaks into the free agent market.

Pay the Price

Ryan Clady
Branden Albert

For the Right Price

Jermon Bushrod
Sebastia Vollmer
Jake Long

If Desperate

Andre Smith
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Manning is due $20 million next year...tag Clady and that would be over $35 million invested in just two players...I'm not sure the Bronco's could afford to do that and keep the rest of their team in tact...I do tho feel Clady will sign a new contract before too long.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Manning is due $20 million next year...tag Clady and that would be over $35 million invested in just two players...I'm not sure the Bronco's could afford to do that and keep the rest of their team in tact...I do tho feel Clady will sign a new contract before too long.

I agree one way or the other he doesn't see free agency.

If Clady does I move mountains to get him and I start losing others if I have too.

Albert is the situation I am watching closely.

Vollmer is a nice option because I think he can play either OT and if we feel Webb is best left at LT Vollmer gives us an elite RT. If Carimi improves then Vollmer slides to LT.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

If Clady does I move mountains to get him and I start losing others if I have too.

Vollmer is a nice option because I think he can play either OT and if we feel Webb is best left at LT Vollmer gives us an elite RT. If Carimi improves then Vollmer slides to LT.

I would actually take Albert over Clady at this point in their careers if both did somehow hit FA.
shruj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
WindyCity wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

I would actually take Albert over Clady at this point in their careers if both did somehow hit FA.

Why is that? I think they can be interchangeable, but I'm wondering your logic.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shruj wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Clady’s patella tendon injury has always worried me…he did it in late April 2010 and was back on the field for September that year…that is a very fast turnaround for an injury like that…he played in all 16 games that season but with the amount of pressure put on Olinemen’s knees it’s something that could come back hard on him the older he gets…I’m not saying I wouldn’t be over the moon to get him but the contract and more importantly guaranteed money would be something I would prefer him to get early in the contract so if he started to wear down it wouldn’t cost us much…injury is the same reason I am very wary about going after Jake Long if he hits the open market.
shruj

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
shruj wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:

Clady’s patella tendon injury has always worried me…he did it in late April 2010 and was back on the field for September that year…that is a very fast turnaround for an injury like that…he played in all 16 games that season but with the amount of pressure put on Olinemen’s knees it’s something that could come back hard on him the older he gets…I’m not saying I wouldn’t be over the moon to get him but the contract and more importantly guaranteed money would be something I would prefer him to get early in the contract so if he started to wear down it wouldn’t cost us much…injury is the same reason I am very wary about going after Jake Long if he hits the open market.

I think his injury history is something to be wary of, but at this point, I'm far more concerned with Long's injury history and especially with him recently tearing his triceps.
WindyCity

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We are talking about free agent OLmen so they have all have injuries,

Clady, Knee
Albert, Back
Long, Back/Tricep
Vollmer, Back

This is why price becomes so important because all of these guys have some risk attached to them.
DaMike

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Buffalo just resigned Urbik. Gotta think Levitre will be next. Buffalo does a good job of developing talent.
Madmike90

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="DaMike"]Buffalo just resigned Urbik. Gotta think Levitre will be next. Buffalo does a good job of developing talent.[/quote

The contract at 4 year $15 million sets the market for Lance Louis at around $12 million over 4 years if we choose to offer that long a contract with him coming off of injury.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 6 of 67

Jump to: